Stray Away from Pro V1?

Shankster

They're all so similar! Find one you like the way it feels and get excited to pick up and out of the hole! ;)

Thought I'd be a TP5X player but prefer the feel of the TP5! Performance differences were minimal. Do what you want! Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

@BryanGolf

Cobra F7+ w/Project X HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5

Cobra F7 3 Wood w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 80TX
TaylorMade M2 5 Wood w/Graphite Design DI 8X
TaylorMade UDI 3 Iron w/Project X HZRDUS Black 105g 6.5
TaylorMade P770 4 Iron, P750 5-PW w/True Temper DGTI X100
TaylorMade Milled Grind SB 54w/DGTI S400
​Titleist Vokey SM6 60* M Grind w/DGTI S400
TaylorMade Spider Tour Blue

• SPY VIP

I will say, I've played at least a half dozen balls in the past year that could be my gamer. Many don't make the bag simply because I can't stand the logo. You'll have no problem switching to the Wilson.

• Like 2

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

My wife is a social Golfer. Plays maybe 9 then complains about golfing taking too long. Give her a few beers and she'll just sit in the cart on her phone, lol. She doesn't care what ball she plays as long as it's colorful so I don't invest a lot on Pro V's on her, just colored top flight or low end volvik balls.

MDGolfHacker

You're wife sounds a lot like my girlfriend lol

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Last week I played the front with my regular NXT Tour ball. On a whim I played the back with a pink Volvik.

Front +5

Back E

Go figure

• Like 2

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Last week I played the front with my regular NXT Tour ball. On a whim I played the back with a pink Volvik.

Front +5

Back E

Go figure

It's the Pink!

- Al

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I think it was Tom Wishon who said that you should pick a ball based on how it performs on shots into the green.  Short irons and partial swings as there is no noticeable difference between the urethane balls off the tee.  I subscribe to this theory.  

I certainly like ProV1s but Snell MTB, TaylorMade Tour Preferred (and all the Penta, Lethal variants) and Project (a) work well for me.  I go used, unless Snell.

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus driver, G410 3 wood
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titelist-small: 716 AP1 6-GW irons
:edel-golf-1: DRV 54, 58 wedges
:odyssey-small: Two-Ball Ten Tour Lined

Well the golf ball is the only thing you hit every shot during your round so it's smart to play a good golf ball. That being said, a higher price does not mean it's a better ball. I stopped playing the pro v1x and switched to Callaway chrome soft. Like you I had two hole in one with the pro v1x but I can't count the amount of times I have gotten up and down for par saves with these Callaway balls they just stop on any surfuce.

Long story short play the ball you feel is right. If you are looking for a cheaper ball try Vice or Snell. A few guys in my regular group play these and swear by them.

• Like 1

I think it was Tom Wishon who said that you should pick a ball based on how it performs on shots into the green.  Short irons and partial swings as there is no noticeable difference between the urethane balls off the tee.  I subscribe to this theory.  

I certainly like ProV1s but Snell MTB, TaylorMade Tour Preferred (and all the Penta, Lethal variants) and Project (a) work well for me.  I go used, unless Snell.

I have to agree that short irons in is the big difference. The roll out of many balls today makes it hard to really zero in on which one is better off the tee, so feel is the confidence builder agian there too. For some of us that can remember the Balatas the search for that long butter ball was an exercise in futility. <_>

Chrome soft and chrome soft X for me, both work well for me, the X sounds a bit firmer off the face, both perform equally well for me.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I've moved to the B330S. Nice and soft around the greens, iron play is [emoji1362], and the driver loves to compress it well! Not going anywhere for a while.

This may sound weird: but the Pro V1 sounds chalky to me. The V1x sounds like plastic and the B330S sounds like music what I think a golf ball should. Firm but just the right amount of jiggle... [emoji848] and knows how to spin it's way around the dance floor.

• Like 2

I'm playing the W/S Duo-Urethane for about 25 or so rounds now. Tried it on a whim, love it.

Straightest urethane ball off driver for me, by far. Good distance (longer for me than the Chrome Soft, a bit shorter than the B330), decent spin for my game. Not backing up too often but hop & stop. Love the soft feel.

Like the FG Tour also but the straight flight of the Duo-U wins.

• Like 1

I've moved to the B330S. Nice and soft around the greens, iron play is [emoji1362], and the driver loves to compress it well! Not going anywhere for a while.

This may sound weird: but the Pro V1 sounds chalky to me. The V1x sounds like plastic and the B330S sounds like music what I think a golf ball should. Firm but just the right amount of jiggle... [emoji848] and knows how to spin it's way around the dance floor.

I might pick up a sleeve before my next round to give them a go. All signs point to "yes" from what I've read so far, and from the ball fitting tool on their webpage.

• Like 1

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Ventus Red

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

I might pick up a sleeve before my next round to give them a go. All signs point to "yes" from what I've read so far, and from the ball fitting tool on their webpage.

Yeah. I have been a die hard ProV1/V1x guy for the past well forever... the B330S is a very, very good ball. It fits right in the middle of the V1/V1x. I get a nice flat ball flight and not too much spin with the driver. Fits "my" swing perfectly. Seems to stop better with wedges too.

- Alan

I'm no pro. But pros are good. And this graphic is astounding.

Why would anyone play anything other than what pretty much the entire field was playing?

- Alan

Because Titliest pays the most people to play their ball?  

• Like 4

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:EVNROLL: ER1v #CustomER

:titelist-small: ProV1

I think it was Tom Wishon who said that you should pick a ball based on how it performs on shots into the green. Short irons and partial swings as there is no noticeable difference between the urethane balls off the tee. I subscribe to this theory.

I certainly like ProV1s but Snell MTB, TaylorMade Tour Preferred (and all the Penta, Lethal variants) and Project (a) work well for me. I go used, unless Snell.

I used to think the same thing, but having a ball that reduces sidespin can help those with a hook or slice keep the ball somewhat in play instead of going OB and taking a penalty right off the bat. Hard to go low if you can't even get to the green. I'm torn a bit right now about it. While I was testing the E6 soft/distance, I noticed less sidespin on driver shots and those less than well strucked shots still stayed somewhat inbound. Switched to my gamer (B330-RX's) and lost a ball a few holes later due to a hooked drive. I'll have to test further to see if there is some merit to this.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1X

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing:  2021:titelist-small: T200's (https://forum.mygolfspy.com/tests/19-test-in-progress-titleist-t-series-irons/?do=findReview&review=38)