TESTERS WANTED! ×

Real Golf vs Simulator

Shankster

I am buying a new house very soon. A sim will be there on day one (SkyTrak). Exactly for days like today. 10" of snow and blizzard warning....

I will use it almost daily for a practice range in the summer, and sim play with friends in the winter.

I knew I liked you. Your name is cool, now your getting a In house Sim. Where you moving to? Need a new neighbor?

- Al

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like all things, video technology will continue to improve thus making sim golf more and more precise. Golf on a course will never go away completely, but it has leveled off and will continue to shrink for a few more years.

Country clubs will always be around because there will always be people who can afford them. Simulators are great for cold or bad weather days. It is also pretty cheap if you have a foursome on an hourly basis. It will probably continue to grow because it will get more cost effective and realistic over time. It won't ever replace the actual on-course experience, but you can wear jeans or a t-shirt on a country club course.

Cheers

- Burk

I would agree with this reply and add to it. Our community is not the ultimate target for sims except in the winter months. Non golfers will enjoy the speed of the round and entertainment value offered. There's lots of stuff about golf that we like but non golfers would hate.

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

If anyone is looking for an "ok" course that you can wear Jorts to "SpringBrook Hills Golf Club" in Walloon Lake, MI. This was my home course as a kid, and it was my first job. Definitely a come as you are place. Go check them out if you're in the area. Cheap rates, its short, but challenging, and well kept. Tell them I sent ya.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to play the sims but not going out to play, but staying in. Last thing I want is the cheesy $200 at home but $40k is not an option for a toy no matter how realistic it is. This beats video game any day though.

Archived