TESTERS ANNOUNCED: PING i200 Irons

First Name - Bradd

Home State/Province/Country - New Jersey / USA

Current Handicap - 11.6

Current Iron Set - Mizuno MP54

I would really like to test the theory of "rethinking cast clubs"  I love Ping woods and hybrids.   I would love to play the Ping Irons, I would love to test the feel.  

Mat 

Ontario, Canada

Handicap 20

Current irons - Cobra Amp cell

Driver - Ping G5 10.5

3W & 5W - Taylormade aeroburner 

Irons - Cobra Amp cell 4-GW 

Wedge - Titleist Volky 60deg

Putter - Odyssey V-7 tank superstoke long grip

Posting a second time with corrected signature this time.  The Mizuno's 850 forged are gone from the bag, could not hit them high enough.  Back to my long time favorite S56s.  Just need more forgiveness.  Please!

Steve

Indiana

Ping S56s

Callaway GBB Epic w Fujikura Pro 63

Nickent 3DX DC 2 & 3 hybrids

Ping i210, 5 - P

Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 56 & 60

Jake

CT

HDCP. 13.5

Ping Eye2+ 

Yes, have been using Ping Eye 2 (zz-lite) and Eye2+ (re-shafted with KBS Tour 90) going back to 1984.  Yes, that's not a typo.  Maybe am 'old school' but maybe now is a good time for a change, probably with quality graphite shafts (if avail).

Thank you MyGolfSpy for this wonderful opportunity.. even if not chosen to participate, I look forward to the testing information provided by the testers.

First Name - Tony

Home State/Province/Country - Wisconsin, USA

Current Handicap -  3 hcp

Current Iron Set - Ping G30

Although I am pleased with my Ping G30 irons, I have been looking hard at the i200 series.  I am looking for a bit more control and workability in a very forgiving package, and the i200 irons are being marketed as just that.  

I would very much like the opportunity to review these, provide feedback, and answer any question from other members.  I am also VERY interested to see how these stack up against the G30 irons in the forgiveness category.  The G30s are very forgiving.  I find it very hard to find good user comparisons between any of the game improvement irons and the i200s, since the fit different markets (GI vs Players irons). Ping states the MOI/forgiveness of the i200 irons matches that of earlier model G series game improvement irons, so I am really hoping a reviewer can provide that type of comparison to see how these truly stack up to the GI market.  I would also love to use some data to put these to the test against other irons using my Ernest Sports ES14.

I play 5x per week and practice in between, and feel I can provide a very well written and comprehensive review.  I also attend several demo days offered in my town through the summer, but rarely is there a PING vendor with any offerings for head to head comparisons, so reviewing these would be a very enjoyable experience, especially during a demo day where I can do some additional comparisons.  

I would enjoy testing these, even if they needed to be returned!

Thank you, 

Tony

What's in the Bag?

- PING G400 SFTec driver, Mitsubishi Chemical C6 Blue Stiff, @ 9*

- PING G series 3w, Alta CB Stiff shaft @ 16*

- PING G400 19* & 22* Hybrid, Alta CB Stiff

- PING i200 Irons, Modus 105 stiff, soft stepped, purple dot 5-AW

- PING Glide 56, 60 wedges, Modus 105 wedge shafts

- Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C @ 32.75 inches

Name: Bob

Province: British Columbia

HC: 11

Current irons: Ping i20

Would love to try and find out what improvements have been made over my current i20's!