GolfSpy Barbajo

TESTERS ANNOUNCED: PING i200 Irons

I'll throw my hat in the ring, thanks for the opportunity! I've been intrigued by these since Ping released them. I'd love to get my hands on a set and see how they preform.

Regg

Nebraska

~10.5ish

712 ap1 DGs300

First Name: Thomas

Home  State:  Minnesota (USA)

Handicap: 16

Swing speed: 75-80 mph

Current Iron Set:  1996 Callaway Big Bertha with Graphite Reg Flex Shafts (1-iron, 3-SW)

First Name:  Al

Home  State:  Great state of California 

Handicap: 14

Current Iron Set:  2015 Callaway Big Bertha 

(4) TESTERS WANTED

attachicon.gifi200-group.jpg

PING i200 Irons

(Apply in this thread ONLY)

Yet another product review opportunity for you fellow MyGolfSpy'ers - and this one's a honey.

We have 4 sets of PING i200 irons that need testing and reviewing by our Community Forum. Do these things really deliver on PING's promise of distance, forgiveness, control and feel in a smaller, player-focused package? 

attachicon.gifPING_i200_iron-1-e1483976194186.jpg

We want you to tell us what you think!

Please apply ONLY in this Official Application Thread by telling us the following:

First Name  Kyle

Home State/Province/Country  Georgia

Current Handicap  6

Current Iron Set   Taylormade Burners 2.0

attachicon.gifi200-4-7.jpg

We'll be announcing the 4 testers next week, so please check back. And make sure to take a look around the forums and join in the discussion. It'll only help your chances of being selected!

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Matt Bernardo

• By mr.hicksta
      Vessel 14-Way Player Stand Bag (Matte Black)
       F9 Speedback 9º (45") | ACCRA TZ5 65 M4 (70g, tipped 1/2") 
       G410 3W 14.5º (43") | MCA Tensei CK Blue 70 S (76g)
      G410 2H 17º (40.75") or 3H 19º (40.25") | MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S (79g)
       G410 4 Crossover 23º (39.25") | MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S (79g)
      Epon AF-505 5-PW | Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour130 S (124g, Hard Stepped)
      RTX 4 50M, 54M, 58M | Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge125 (133g)
      PXG Bat Attack Gen2 (34") | KBS CT Tour Putter Shaft |  Grips TOUR Aware
       Pro V1x

Accessories: Bushnell Pro XE, Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 and Tour Velvet Plus4 grips,  Tour and Sport Gloves, Robert Mark and Dormie Workshop headcovers/putter cover, Club Glove pocket towel, Cayce Golf caddy towel and Epoch S3 tees. 

• By Golfspy_CG2
      This is a process that started back in January at the PGA Show when I had a conversation with the people at PING about the testings for this year.   Both of us wanted to do something new and different, and after coming up with an idea and ironing the details, a testing unlike any we've done before was born.
      We talk often on this site saying "Go Get Fit"  and PING has a phrase you hear constantly among it's staff #FittingMatters   And one of the areas that we felt fitting was overlooked was in the long game, fairway woods and hybrids.  
      So I went out to PING HQ in Phoenix, and was fit by one of their master fitters.  PING then graciously arranged for the four testers who were selected, to be fit by either the area field rep for PING or in the case of two of them,  two top 100 PING Fitters.  

So this review thread will be a bit different as it will have a third stage--the fitting process--which will be talked about at the same time as Stage 1 is posted.   As a staff tester, I will post one stage, that is hopefully not TLDR...but make no promise 🙂
      Each person was fit to what fit their personal gaps between driver and the last iron.   So each of us came up with a different combo to test.  I think you will find the results very interesting and in some cases eye opening.
      One final note.  Due to the horrific weather and deadly floods/tornado's that hit MO last month, TSauer's fitting was delayed quite a bit from the others.  Fortunately he and everyone involved are safe and sound, but it just took a while for them to all work through the timing.   So his stage's may be a bit behind the others, but he has an awesome setup to review, and I'm looking forward to reading all these, knowing how my setup has helped my game already.
      @revkev                         Stage 1           Fitting                Stage 2
      @mr.hicksta                   Stage 1          Fitting                Stage 2
      @TSauer                        Stage 1           Fitting               Stage 2
      @PAgolfer2017             Stage 1            Fitting               Stage 2
      @Golfspy_CG2              Combined Review

• By JimNantzsToast
      Hey everyone! new member/first post here so bear with me!
      Callaway (unknown model) Grey Goose stand bag (looks awesome, purchased from PlayItAgain)
      Cobra F7 Driver - Stiff 60g Fukijura shaft - Garfield "Born 2 Birdie" Headcover
      Callaway Rouge 3 wood - Adila Synergy Regular shaft
      Cobra F7 5 wood - Regular Fukijura shaft - My old Callaway Diablo 3 wood Headcover
      TaylorMade TP Rescue 4/22* - I'm not sure how old this is, I am in the market for something new
      Cobra F8 Iron set 5-GW - Regular flex TrueTemper XP90 shafts 
      Ping Tour-S 54*/12* bounce wedge - KBS Tour Shaft
      Adams Tom Watson 58*/8* bounce wedge - Adams branded shaft
      Tommy Armour Impact #3 Putter - 35" Black painted shaft
      I think the next things to be replaced are the Rescue, then the wedges, then the driver. I also have the 38" Counterbalanced TA putter I have used twice if anyone is interested! Enjoy the pictures:

• By Golfspy_CG2
      This is a press release from PING.   

PING signs Jennifer Kupcho,
      former world #1 amateur

PHOENIX (May 29, 2019) – Less than two months after her impressive and historic win at the inaugural Augusta National Women’s Amateur, Jennifer Kupcho, the most recent world #1 female amateur, has signed an equipment contract with PING, the company announced today. Kupcho will make her debut as a PING staff pro at this week’s U.S. Women’s Open.

Among her many achievements, Kupcho earned medalist honors in 2018 at the NCAA Division I Golf Championships and was the national collegiate Player of the Year. Last summer, she was a member of the victorious U.S. Curtis Cup, Palmer Cup, and World Amateur teams. A four-time All-American, she set numerous scoring records during her four years at Wake Forest University and this season helped the Demon Deacons reach the NCAA finals for the first time in school history. The 22-year-old is a native of Colorado, where she was a decorated junior player.     

“We’re excited to welcome a player of Jennifer’s incredible talent to PING,” said John K. Solheim, PING President. “We’ve worked with her since her junior golf days and have long admired her ability and passion for the game. Her performance at the Augusta National Women’s Amateur caught the public’s attention and proved her ability to excel under pressure on a global stage. To shoot a final-round 67 and win by four strokes was an amazing accomplishment. She’s a player who fits the PING brand in every way.”
      Kupcho, who earned 2019 LPGA membership through last fall’s Q Series, said joining PING brings her confidence as she prepares to test her game at the highest level.

“I’m really happy to be with PING. They’ve been tremendous supporters of women’s golf throughout their history. I’m looking forward to representing them as a professional,” she said. “PING clubs have been in my bag for my greatest accomplishments in golf, so I have complete confidence in the equipment. It’s custom-built to fit my game and their team of experts brings me comfort knowing they’re committed to helping me bring out the best in my game.”

As part of a multi-year agreement, Kupcho will play a minimum of 11 PING clubs, including a driver and putter. Her headwear will display PING and she’ll carry a PING Tour staff bag. She tees off this week playing a G400 Max driver, G410 3 wood, G400 hybrids, i210 irons, Glide 2.0 wedges, and a Sigma G Darby putter.

Financial terms and the length of the agreement were not disclosed.

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!