TESTERS WANTED! ×

Club Gripping setup.

I have all the tools to re grip my own clubs at home.

Now that I've moved however I lack the space for a dedicated table/bench to mount said equipment.

Does anyone have any elegant solutions they could show off for me to try to implement?

I'm thinking of something that mounts to my garage wall but folds up so I can pull it down only when needed.

I've looked at some folding tables, but in the past when trying those I can't seem to get them to be sturdy enough to push against for gripping.

I don't need to really do anything other than gripping at this point as I don't do any other work at him on my equipment.

Thanks in advance!

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

All you really need is a vice.  I'm sure you could come up with some sort of hinged folding work surface, but having a vice bolted on is going to limit how far up it folds.  You could look in to one of those flatter golf specific shaft clamps and set it up that way.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Golfworks makes two portable gripping stations.

You might be able to just set it in a corner and pull it out when needed

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Like Meyer said, the most essential thing is a vice and one of those rubber shaft clamps to protect your shafts.

When I started doing mine a year ago, I bought a small portable vice from Amazon and mounted it on my counter, and used one of those aluminum baking sheets to catch all the solvent.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

If you use air to regrip, you really only need a compressor instead of a club vice, solvent, tape, etc.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

:D I don't have any of that... I do it all in my garden... I still regrip with tape and solvent... throw a towel on the concrete floor, spray some solvent, put the grip on and push against the floor (club head on the towel to avoid scratching)

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I have a black & decker workmate and it works like a charm.

I use 2 of the plastic things that you put the shaft in, pop the club in between the 2 boards on the workmate, tighten things up, drop a bucket underneath to catch the drippings and I'm all set.

Best thing about it is it all folds up when I'm done and looks like I've never even been there!

b&d_workmate.jpg

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

:D I don't have any of that... I do it all in my garden... I still regrip with tape and solvent... throw a towel on the concrete floor, spray some solvent, put the grip on and push against the floor (club head on the towel to avoid scratching)

I did this when I first started doing my own grips, but in the bathtub. I was afraid of bending the shaft sometimes, it was a pain to get on while holding it with one hand. The terrible solvent was probably partly to blame though.

I did this when I first started doing my own grips, but in the bathtub. I was afraid of bending the shaft sometimes, it was a pain to get on while holding it with one hand. The terrible solvent was probably partly to blame though.

I had problems at first when using liquid soap. Once I switched to solvent, the grips were slipping right on... didn't even notice the shaft bending.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I had problems at first when using liquid soap. Once I switched to solvent, the grips were slipping right on... didn't even notice the shaft bending.

My first set I did with the GolfWorks solvent, I believe that was the brand. Ended up wasting the entire bottle in the process. I then bought a big jug of mineral spirits and a small squirt bottle to put it in whenever I decide to switch grips. It works like a charm.

My first set I did with the GolfWorks solvent, I believe that was the brand. Ended up wasting the entire bottle in the process. I then bought a big jug of mineral spirits and a small squirt bottle to put it in whenever I decide to switch grips. It works like a charm.

If you aren't careful you'll go through an entire bottle of the Golfworks solvent for one grip!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

I use a vice and club clamp.. but instead of solvent I use charcoal lighter fluid.. $2.99 a jug and works great... 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

If you aren't careful you'll go through an entire bottle of the Golfworks solvent for one grip!

That's what I pretty much did. I thought I was doing something wrong, until I realized that that solvent isn't the greatest.

Here's a link to my setup. The reason I'm pointing you to it because it's fairly compact. I have mine clamped between the jaws on my vise. However, with this model you can take off the part that fits in the vise and mount it directly to your bench. If you have a shelf type bench that you lower against the wall this will not protrude much. Sounds like a doable deal perhaps. I bought the thing from GolfWorks. Good quality.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/18318-re-gripping-with-an-air-compressor/page-5

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Here's a link to my setup. The reason I'm pointing you to it because it's fairly compact. I have mine clamped between the jaws on my vise. However, with this model you can take off the part that fits in the vise and mount it directly to your bench. If you have a shelf type bench that you lower against the wall this will not protrude much. Sounds like a doable deal perhaps. I bought the thing from GolfWorks. Good quality.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/18318-re-gripping-with-an-air-compressor/page-5

Very nice setup.

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

• 2 weeks later...

I just use old towel, mineral spirits in an old windex spray bottle, pre cut tape strips. I can do a set in my garage or where ever in no time. I could even save some money saving the mineral spirits, but using spray bottle works like a charm. 

Bench is great, but in all reality not needed. Any major repair I take to shop, but I do all my own regrips.

Taylormade M1 10.5*
Taylormade M2 15*  
Callaway XR OS Hybrid 19* 
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 3 50*, 54*, & 60*
Cleveland Huntington Beach # 1
Ball: Taylormade Project (a)
@usmc23112

I just use old towel, mineral spirits in an old windex spray bottle, pre cut tape strips. I can do a set in my garage or where ever in no time. I could even save some money saving the mineral spirits, but using spray bottle works like a charm.

Bench is great, but in all reality not needed. Any major repair I take to shop, but I do all my own regrips.

I used the golfsmith gripping solvent, but other than that, I did the same thing as you, just a towel and a spray bottle. It would take about 20 minutes to do a set of 7-8 clubs, but, since I had some projects in the house to do, my wife made me get a air tank and hose so she could get a brad nailer. So I went ahead and got the accessories I needed to regrip, it is so simple and very little cleanup.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I used the golfsmith gripping solvent, but other than that, I did the same thing as you, just a towel and a spray bottle. It would take about 20 minutes to do a set of 7-8 clubs, but, since I had some projects in the house to do, my wife made me get a air tank and hose so she could get a brad nailer. So I went ahead and got the accessories I needed to regrip, it is so simple and very little cleanup.

I have been thinking about the air tank deal, but every time I try to justify the purchase, I have already ended up buying another putter...LOL

I definitely think it would be easier saving grips that way as well. I use the flat pancake tool from Golfworks, and for super strokes, etc. I went to CVS and got a syringe. Easy peezy.

Taylormade M1 10.5*
Taylormade M2 15*  
Callaway XR OS Hybrid 19* 
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 3 50*, 54*, & 60*
Cleveland Huntington Beach # 1
Ball: Taylormade Project (a)
@usmc23112

I have been thinking about the air tank deal, but every time I try to justify the purchase, I have already ended up buying another putter...LOL

I definitely think it would be easier saving grips that way as well. I use the flat pancake tool from Golfworks, and for super strokes, etc. I went to CVS and got a syringe. Easy peezy.

I have a grip removal tool as well, not sure if it's the same one but it definitely makes things easy, at least for regular grips. How do you use the syringe for SS grips and other putter-like grips?

Harbor freight, for about 100 bucks you can get everything you need, depending on what type of hose you get it could be even less, maybe around 70-80 bucks. Well worth it.

So I put the grips on with air, but after I was complete I realized I messed up, I like to use 2 wraps of build up tape, but I forgot that I wasn't using any 2 sided tape over the 2 wraps of build up, so I needed a 3rd wrap of tape to give the size I was looking for, so I will be removing the grips this week and adding another wrap of tape.

Archived