Fairway wood help

Excellent - I'm about to pull the trigger on the E9. That's what my former teacher (who owns a golf shop) bags. Of course he was telling me all about the tremendous virtues of the E10. I doubt it's worth twice the price. I've found the E9 at 139 new. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

Excellent - I'm about to pull the trigger on the E9. That's what my former teacher (who owns a golf shop) bags. Of course he was telling me all about the tremendous virtues of the E10. I doubt it's worth twice the price. I've found the E9 at 139 new. :)

I'm sure he is! $139 new sounds like a steal. I read a lot of good about the E9 during my research and probably would have ended up with one if I didn't find this E8. What shaft is in it?

WITB

Bag: Ogio Silencer Cart

Driver: 915D2 10.25 Anmkara Attitude

3/4 Wood: Currently MIA

Hybrid: 910H 21* Diamana 'ahina

Irons: 712 AP1 DGs300

Wedges: SCOR 50, 54, 58 KBS Genius12

Putter: Ping Ketsch w/ flatso 1.0

Ball: Bridgestone B330

Cart: Clicgear 3.5+

I'm sure he is! $139 new sounds like a steal. I read a lot of good about the E9 during my research and probably would have ended up with one if I didn't find this E8. What shaft is in it?

I actually ended up finding a new one on eBay for 129! White tie shaft which should be great for me - so sayeth my fitter.

EVNRoll ER 5

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

It's here! Can't wait to try it tomorrow on the range.

• Like 4

EVNRoll ER 5

Looks nice! How'd it end up playing?

WITB

Looks nice! How'd it end up playing?

Meh so far but I think that's me not it. I do launch it higher and it goes just as far as my 3 wood which is what I was looking for so it will make its way into my bag. I need to go take a lesson and am hopeful that will straighten things out. Unfortunately I have to wait a few weeks because of work and stuff associated with my daughter's illness.

EVNRoll ER 5

Meh so far but I think that's me not it. I do launch it higher and it goes just as far as my 3 wood which is what I was looking for so it will make its way into my bag. I need to go take a lesson and am hopeful that will straighten things out. Unfortunately I have to wait a few weeks because of work and stuff associated with my daughter's illness.

Good luck to you your golf game and your daughter. To a speedy recovery all around!
  • Like 1

I could live with the golf game issues if I'm getting a choice. Just saying

EVNRoll ER 5

I have an adams tight lies2 3 wood in my bag and I find it very easy to hit off the deck as the head is thinner than most 3 woods on the market. I picked it up for 25$ at golf town last year. Adams got bought out by taylormade (I think) so you might want to look for a second hand model. If not, I'm also very interested in the cobra 3 wood model with the rails on the base, I think it's the f7? I've heard they make it easy to hit off the deck and out of a tough lie. I'd defiantly try one of those out too.

• Like 1

I have an adams tight lies2 3 wood in my bag and I find it very easy to hit off the deck as the head is thinner than most 3 woods on the market. I picked it up for 25$ at golf town last year. Adams got bought out by taylormade (I think) so you might want to look for a second hand model. If not, I'm also very interested in the cobra 3 wood model with the rails on the base, I think it's the f7? I've heard they make it easy to hit off the deck and out of a tough lie. I'd defiantly try one of those out too.

For me it came down to a Cobra f7 or baffler or a couple tour edge models and the tour edge won out simply for price. I really don't have a chance to test clubs near me. Hate where I live for that reason.

WITB

Okay y'all, here's my update on my tour edge. I finally got a chance to get it on a range and put in some work. So far I'm extremely impressed. Face feels hot and I love the feel, sound, and look. Club launches really well. I'd never heard of a Kuro Kage blue before this club, but I'm really liking the shaft. Stable but not boardy to my feel. All in all the club responds well when I put a good move in and not awful when I miss. It'll stay in the bag for now until it makes me mad!

• Like 3

WITB

Okay y'all, here's my update on my tour edge. I finally got a chance to get it on a range and put in some work. So far I'm extremely impressed. Face feels hot and I love the feel, sound, and look. Club launches really well. I'd never heard of a Kuro Kage blue before this club, but I'm really liking the shaft. Stable but not boardy to my feel. All in all the club responds well when I put a good move in and not awful when I miss. It'll stay in the bag for now until it makes me mad!

Glad you found something you like. Are you hitting off the tee any and what loft did you end up with?

• Like 1

It's interesting - the sound of this the feel are taking some getting used to for me. My four wood is clearly going to work out though. I'm already hitting it more consistently than the old three wood.

• Like 2

EVNRoll ER 5

Glad you found something you like. Are you hitting off the tee any and what loft did you end up with?

I very rarely hit three wood off the tee. I never felt confident with it. This club could change that though. I ended up with 16.5 loft.

It's interesting - the sound of this the feel are taking some getting used to for me. My four wood is clearly going to work out though. I'm already hitting it more consistently than the old three wood.

I'm really enjoying a four wood also. Very playable so far.

• Like 1

WITB

For my money you cannot but a better 3 wood. The feel, the forgiveness, the difference from any lie. And I do mean ANY lie!! When I was fit they took out on the grass driving range and put the ball in a massive divot. Hit out of it with no issues. Since then I've even hit it out sand which for how steep my swing is I find unbelievable. And if you like their drivers right now the deal is buy a driver and get a free fairway wood or hybrid. If Callaway wasn't amazing with customer service and send me a free epic I would've gotten the f7+ And free hybrid.

Has anyone ever tried (or own) a Sonartec fairway wood?

I've read really really good things about them but I don't think they make them any longer.

I got something to say then I'm gonna say it. 

I've read really really good things about them but I don't think they make them any longer.

Haven't played one in a long time. I still have a royal collection (related to sonartec) in my extra club bag. They are great clubs and can be found fairly inexpensively.

I now prefer the tour edge exotics line of clubs. I think they provide the best and most underrated fairway wood on the market.

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter: Auditions ongoing 

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I think @FozCycle may have in the past, not sure...?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Big Bertha B21 driver (Recoil ES 450/F3)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Epic Max 5W (PX Cypher 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZT9/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Thanks for the replies everyone. Hopefully there will be some more people chime in. I should probably add I've also looked at the ping g25 4 wood.

Ping is solid for fairways wood and hybrids. Check out the G20 series for hybrids and fairway woods, very easy to hit

Ping G20 driver through wedges

Bombtech blade putter

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter