Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What do you look at?

Wedgie

I'm curious where others are looking before they hit a putt, an iron, hybrid and driver. I began looking at the front of the ball while putting and it seems to help get thru the putt.

I always look at the back of the ball for every other club. Do you guys think looking in front of the ball would help ball striking especially with irons?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I don't.

And quite frankly I don't even think of stuff like that. If anything I'm focusing on face angle. The ball will just get in the way eventually.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Here's a thought, I use it a lot (not to say this is gospel but it works really well for me). Depending on the club I will pick out a certain dimple on the ball surface to focus on.

1. Driver: If I want to hit a flat or lower traj shot, I will stare at a dimple on the front of the ball. If I want a higher shot I focus on a dimple on the back of the ball.

2. For irons and wedges, I will almost always stare at the front most dimple to encourage swinging down and thru the ball into the turf.

3. For putter, always at the front most dimple to encourage swinging thru impact.

Cheers

Burk

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

I just look at the bug that is crawling towards my ball and I want to smash it into bits and pieces....kidding.  I look at the top of my balls on all clubs and hope I get good contact on my way down.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

I honestly do not try and focus that hard on the ball. I try to picture the shot and swing. I'm thinking of the shot I want to hit. Putting in looking right on top of the ball and visualizing the putt going in.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

I've never really thought about it, I just look at it. I know some people look in front of the ball at a blade of grass for their irons, so they can focus on taking a divot. For me, I just look at the ball and try to swing through it.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I look at the top of the ball on all shots except driver where I look at the back of the ball. Putts I'm looking at my line on the top. If I focus on anything more specific I go cross eyed. In fact, my right twitches if I focus too much. Lol

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

I look at my blue circle which I draw around the number on the ball. I place it on the tee where I can see it from behind. Now with my irons I pick a spot directly in front of the ball and swing through that spot hoping the ball will get in the way 🏌️

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Archived