TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Swing Jacket ... Does It Really Work?

So does this thing really work?  I get the idea ... teaching your body the "correct" way to swing.  (if there is such a thing ... just ask Jim Furyk!)

swing%20jacket_zpses8mbuyy.jpg

http://swingjacket.com/swing-your-best-tc/

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

It might work. All I can tell you is I'm not wearing that thing.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

It probably does work, or help. Problem is you got to put it on. :(

Ballard and Rocco Mediate came up with a jacket of sorts, and The Swing Shirt by Ballard with Padraig Harrington did well, and does help. But again you have to take the thing out in public; always the draw back with these sorts. Ballard was No 1 for a good while and he is all about connection. He is one of the last that knew Hogan well enough to give first hand advise on him or about him. He might be the guy to 'see' where this ideal is concerned.

This keeps the shoulders and upper arms connected per the video, where as whether or not the Swing Shirt does as much I dont know.

Probably not a bad thing this one. I dont know if this is the first of the type or not, because I have seen this desigh type before.

Got me wondering if GolfTec does use the same type of 'thing'?

I have no idea. Why don't you buy one and bring it to the outing on Sunday and wear it on the range.  we'll let you know!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

If your issue is that your arms get too far away from your body and out of sync with your torso, then it may help.

If you have issues with wrist action, it wont help

If you have issues with lower body action, it wont help

If your lower body is out of sync with your upper body, it won't help

I would never use a complicated device like this unless I was under the supervision of an instructor.  Could probably end up doing more damage than good otherwise

I have no idea. Why don't you buy one and bring it to the outing on Sunday and wear it on the range.  we'll let you know!!

Figured you guys over there at your hotsy totsy Country Club would already have one for us to try out! 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

I'm not a fan of stuff like this but that doesn't mean it won't work for some people. Different body types, injury history, all that and more influences how a person can and can't swing. Obviously there are core fundamentals that we all agree on but outside of that I'm in the group that says there's no one way to swing the club.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

deleted

Figured you guys over there at your hotsy totsy Country Club would already have one for us to try out! 

The only type of Country Club we are is Travis Tritt;s Country Club.    There's an old reference that a few on here may get!!

The only type of Country Club we are is Travis Tritt;s Country Club. There's an old reference that a few on here may get!!

I do my drinking from a Dixie cup

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

The only type of Country Club we are is Travis Tritt;s Country Club.    There's an old reference that a few on here may get!!

You had to know a country good ole boy like me would get it.

Country music is what I love

I drive an old Ford (make that Ram) pickup truck

I do my drink-in from a Dixie cup (and sometimes a Mason jar)

This product helped me drop my h'cap from mid teens to 4 over 10 years ago. Used to have a bad slice and was really inconsistent. Actually doesn't tie your arms to your side like it appears but teaches width.  I still use it bc it won't me cheat. If my game starts to get sloppy a few swings in this tells me what's off. Should prob use it more often. 

They have little clips that stop your arms from sliding on the rails to eliminate chicken wings. Use one on left side to stop chicken wing in thru swing - added 40 yards in 5 swings bc it forced me to release the club and keep turning vs slapping at the ball. 

Use it at home mainly with foam balls while I watch tv.  At the range i go to the right side so my back is to everyone.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 4/26/2017 at 7:12 PM, Game On! said:

This product helped me drop my h'cap from mid teens to 4 over 10 years ago. Used to have a bad slice and was really inconsistent. Actually doesn't tie your arms to your side like it appears but teaches width.  I still use it bc it won't me cheat. If my game starts to get sloppy a few swings in this tells me what's off. Should prob use it more often. 

They have little clips that stop your arms from sliding on the rails to eliminate chicken wings. Use one on left side to stop chicken wing in thru swing - added 40 yards in 5 swings bc it forced me to release the club and keep turning vs slapping at the ball. 

Use it at home mainly with foam balls while I watch tv.  At the range i go to the right side so my back is to everyone.

I have the left side chicken wing problem.  Working on it with an instructor but it is hard to get rid of.  Now that I have a ST simulator in the garage, I have ordered the jacket to help me get rid of the chicken wing.  I couldn't bring myself to get it when I was going to the range every day. Hopefully it will help.

Thanks for your post about the chicken wing support on the left side.

Edited by ron-in-colorado