TESTERS WANTED! ×

The struggle is real! (For the lefty)

south_paw51

The issue isn't to do g clubs so much as it is finding specific clubs to try before you buy.

I signed up to do a ball fitting with Bridgestone at one of the local ranges a few years ago now, but when I got there, they were like oh, your lefthanded, we didn't bring the setup to do LH testing, we are only set up to do RH, but here's a sleeve of balls, I said, no thanks and walked away.

Yeah, I know! Or when they can't change the side of the launch monitor. Or don't have left handed clubs. The list goes on and on...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Although it has gotten better, it's the little things that frustrate me. Like a new putter release and they do make several models, but when you go to the store to check them out, they have 1 of the 5 models in LH, and all 5 models in RH. The one you want to try is the mallet but they only have the blade, or you want to try the blade and they only have the mallet. Gloves, the greatest glove ever came out, and it's the right price, but, they don't have it for the lefty golfer. Clubs, the company makes multiple LH models, but the fitting cart has 1, and it's usually the SGI that no one ever touches, while the RH guy next to you tries 15 different combos before making a decision.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Although it has gotten better, it's the little things that frustrate me. Like a new putter release and they do make several models, but when you go to the store to check them out, they have 1 of the 5 models in LH, and all 5 models in RH. The one you want to try is the mallet but they only have the blade, or you want to try the blade and they only have the mallet. Gloves, the greatest glove ever came out, and it's the right price, but, they don't have it for the lefty golfer. Clubs, the company makes multiple LH models, but the fitting cart has 1, and it's usually the SGI that no one ever touches, while the RH guy next to you tries 15 different combos before making a decision.

Don't even get me started on gloves. I need an XXL glove for my Sasquatch size hand, and I don't think they even make them for lefties. So, here I am squeezing into an XL, about to burst at the seams.

Okay, it's not that bad, but still. Show the lefties a little love.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Maybe it's a bit more of a Canadian thing, but I definitely find a decent amount of left handed clubs here. I also think we have more lefties here in Canada then most other places.

I have really only found one club that I really wanted and it wasn't available. It was the cobra baffler fairway from last year. Thankfully they brought one out this year so problem solved!

Even when I look online for used golf equipment in my area I would say 40% is left handed.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I feel like gloves are the hardest to find. I usually don't have an issue finding clubs.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Walmart has the Wilson gloves for $5.00 pair, when in stock. I buy 6 gloves and last me quite a while. Every time we go to the "mart" I check if they have them buy another 5-6 gloves.

Probably have about 10-15 gloves stashed in my bag/cart/garage.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Maybe it's a bit more of a Canadian thing, but I definitely find a decent amount of left handed clubs here. I also think we have more lefties here in Canada then most other places.

I have really only found one club that I really wanted and it wasn't available. It was the cobra baffler fairway from last year. Thankfully they brought one out this year so problem solved!

Even when I look online for used golf equipment in my area I would say 40% is left handed.

In Houston, the GolfSmith stores would pack up any stagnant lefty inventory they had and ship it to Canada. Basically if we didn't buy the club when it came out, it would get shipped by the time it would go on sale. Lot's of lefties up north. Something about hockey and lefties...I don't know, I was lost after the word 'hockey'. Is that a sport? What is that?

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Don't even get me started on gloves. I need an XXL glove for my Sasquatch size hand, and I don't think they even make them for lefties. So, here I am squeezing into an XL, about to burst at the seams.

Okay, it's not that bad, but still. Show the lefties a little love.

Have you tried the Zero Friction golf glove, they are a "one Size" glove, but he fabric stretches pretty good. They are petty inexpensive, could be worth a try. They have multiple colors as well. The down side is that they wear out faster than the nicer gloves, but They are very comfortable.

Have you tried the Zero Friction golf glove, they are a "one Size" glove, but he fabric stretches pretty good. They are petty inexpensive, could be worth a try. They have multiple colors as well. The down side is that they wear out faster than the nicer gloves, but They are very comfortable.

I've looked into those, just wasn't sure how good they were. I may have to try one out!

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

The issue in the Stores isn't whether or not it is available in Lefty, it's whether or not you can find one to try before you buy in lefty. So many clubs in RH that I would love to try. Sometimes I just try it in the RH model. Or really mess with them and turn it over toe down and hit em that way, anyway, with some clubs it just difficult to find one in the lefty model to swing.

Many years ago, before the internet and on line purchasing, I would routinely get an advertising in the mail for golf gloves from a company called Master Grip.   It offered gloves for lefties, additionally, they were available in multiple colors,   It was always, buy one, get one free, making the price under $10 a glove.   So at the beginning of each year, I would buy a supply, in varying colors that lasted the entire year.  It has been a long time since I have received any correspondence from them.   

Perhaps its just me, but I have used gloves from several sources and I can't tell the difference in any of them.   To me, a glove is just a glove.

The issue in the Stares isn't whether or not it is available in Lefty, it's whether or not you can find one to try before you buy in lefty. So many clubs in RH that I would love to try. Sometimes I just try it in the RH model. Or really mess with them and turn it over toe down and hit em that way, anyway, with some clubs it just difficult to find one in the lefty model to swing.

Other than pro shops, we have one golf store in a community a population of 300K.  It's not a big store, but it has most of the major brands.  Every OEM that makes a left handed club is present in the store.  Currently, there are 5 left handed TaylorMade Spyder putters and not one right handed putter.  

Maybe it is a Canadian thing.  The owner of the store is left handed and is a +4 HCP; played on the Canadian tour many years ago.  I think he likes to try out every new club that comes out!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

In Houston, the GolfSmith stores would pack up any stagnant lefty inventory they had and ship it to Canada. Basically if we didn't buy the club when it came out, it would get shipped by the time it would go on sale. Lot's of lefties up north. Something about hockey and lefties...I don't know, I was lost after the word 'hockey'. Is that a sport? What is that?

Amazingly enough it is a sport. In fact it's the second best thing to do in cold weather and the greatest sport in cold/ marginal weather.

I wanted to try out the PING iblades , went to my local fitter, 3 Dicks sporting goods, and a Golf Galaxy. No lefty demo head for me to try out. My local fitter was having a demo day and suggested I wait a month and go to the PING tent while I was there. Again, no iblade demo head. I even went to Orlando Florida (I live in Buffalo, NY) to a PGA superstore and they didn't have a demo for me to try either.

I ended up writing ping, and they built me a 7i to my suggested specs and sent it to me to try for a month and use to get fit with.

Danbrook

Yup there's something about a "Canadian LH thing". I've done a fair amount of buying/selling and especially trading with my Canadian LH friends. Unfortunately it's dropped off due to shipping charges and taxes at The Canada side. Too bad, Canadian LH golfers have good taste in clubs and are real good guys too deal with.

Rick

Rick

Left Hand, 

The issue in the Stares isn't whether or not it is available in Lefty, it's whether or not you can find one to try before you buy in lefty. So many clubs in RH that I would love to try. Sometimes I just try it in the RH model. Or really mess with them and turn it over toe down and hit em that way, anyway, with some clubs it just difficult to find one in the lefty model to swing.

So very true. I've been to more than a few demo days where the rep didn't have a Lefty version of a club they sell.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

So very true. I've been to more than a few demo days where the rep didn't have a Lefty version of a club they sell.

MDGolfHacker

Yup

Or no LH clubs at all!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Yup

Or no LH clubs at all!

I've been fortunate, I'm usually the first Lefty at the first demo days in my area so I actually have gotten to take the wrapper off brand spankin' new clubs! Of course this would also be after a winter break from golfing so I'm also the first one to put a sky mark on the driver and shank marks on the toe and hosel of the irons too 😂😂😂

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Ironically I play hockey with a right handed stick.

Archived