Sign in to follow this  
south_paw51

The struggle is real! (For the lefty)

Also a suffering lefty. Went to check out new irons at one of the largest golf shops in the area last week. They were loaded with equipment but really nothing for me too look at. I understand what they r saying that when they have some LH items they don't move.

They did have quite a few 7 iron heads that r interchangeable for fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

But they can atleast stock the LH demo units of the clubs and not necessarily the entire set. If a store had all the LH demo clubs, then I would definitely give them my business. A lot of stores around me don't even do that or have one offs..

MDGolfHacker

I totally feel you on the gloves. I have moved away from using a glove because of that fact. The only reason I was able to do that was because of Winn grips. They are the so sticky and comfortable that they're the only grips I have used for a long time.

What hybrids are you using? I have considered a couple different brands as well as driving irons, but I'm still on the fence.

I bought Ping G 30's a 19, 22 and 26 and love them.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I totally feel you on the gloves. I have moved away from using a glove because of that fact. The only reason I was able to do that was because of Winn grips. They are the so sticky and comfortable that they're the only grips I have used for a long time.

What hybrids are you using? I have considered a couple different brands as well as driving irons, but I'm still on the fence.

I love my m2 but loved the forgiveness of the cobra f7 with the baffler rails. I went with the m2 because I hit it ten yards further off a tee and I generally only hit hybrid from the tee.

Callaway big bertha adilia rogue stiff with 1" tip

cobra f7 3 wood stiff

m2 3 hybrid adilia rogue stiff with half inch tip

Ping ie1 true temper xp 105 s300

mack daddy 2 56 and 60 wedges

stx putter

left handed

Handicap: my swing.

I bought Ping G 30's a 19, 22 and 26 and love them.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Something that I found on a blind whim I guess you could say and I know it's old. Sonartec hybrids are amazing! I'm only running the 21* but it is the most forgiving and easy to hit I have in my bag.

• Like 1

I love my m2 but loved the forgiveness of the cobra f7 with the baffler rails. I went with the m2 because I hit it ten yards further off a tee and I generally only hit hybrid from the tee.

cobra f7 3 wood stiff

stx putter

left handed

I haven't had the opportunity to hit the m2's yet. I can only assume that they are really good because of how many people are using them.

Have you tried them off the deck at all? I tend to use my hybrid more off the fairway or a tight lie.

I haven't had the opportunity to hit the m2's yet. I can only assume that they are really good because of how many people are using them.

Have you tried them off the deck at all? I tend to use my hybrid more off the fairway or a tight lie.

Yes they are still great but for me the cobra was better from the deck.

cobra f7 3 wood stiff

stx putter

left handed

Being a lefty club ho is the toughest of all hoes. 

I can't tell you how many sets of irons I purchased without trying...Bridgestone J15 CB, Cobra King Pro Forged Combo, Cobra S3 Pro, Adams CB2, Miura CB, etc. Yea, I bought a set of Miuras without ever hitting one. Biggest ho moment of my ho-life. Fitting carts have improved the availability of demo irons, woods, and drivers but where I struggle the most is wedges and putters. Want to buy a wedge that's not 52*, 56* or 60*? Good luck! I haven't bought a wedge or putter from a brick and mortar store in years. They might have the model I'm looking for but only in one length. I'll surf the web and order online...thanks. 

And don't get me started on trying to find left-handed tees!!!

I feel like gloves are the hardest to find. I usually don't have an issue finding clubs.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I usually find one I like and then just order them online. I am really liking the look of the newer Asher gloves the Alta and the white deathgrip. I currently use GBB large. It's pretty good.

The issue isn't to do g clubs so much as it is finding specific clubs to try before you buy.

I signed up to do a ball fitting with Bridgestone at one of the local ranges a few years ago now, but when I got there, they were like oh, your lefthanded, we didn't bring the setup to do LH testing, we are only set up to do RH, but here's a sleeve of balls, I said, no thanks and walked away.

Ironically that was the same day that I tested the TEE XCG5 3wood, which I purchased and do t think I will ever need a different brand of fairway

The issue isn't to do g clubs so much as it is finding specific clubs to try before you buy.

I signed up to do a ball fitting with Bridgestone at one of the local ranges a few years ago now, but when I got there, they were like oh, your lefthanded, we didn't bring the setup to do LH testing, we are only set up to do RH, but here's a sleeve of balls, I said, no thanks and walked away.

Yeah, I know! Or when they can't change the side of the launch monitor. Or don't have left handed clubs. The list goes on and on...

Although it has gotten better, it's the little things that frustrate me. Like a new putter release and they do make several models, but when you go to the store to check them out, they have 1 of the 5 models in LH, and all 5 models in RH. The one you want to try is the mallet but they only have the blade, or you want to try the blade and they only have the mallet. Gloves, the greatest glove ever came out, and it's the right price, but, they don't have it for the lefty golfer. Clubs, the company makes multiple LH models, but the fitting cart has 1, and it's usually the SGI that no one ever touches, while the RH guy next to you tries 15 different combos before making a decision.

• Like 1

Although it has gotten better, it's the little things that frustrate me. Like a new putter release and they do make several models, but when you go to the store to check them out, they have 1 of the 5 models in LH, and all 5 models in RH. The one you want to try is the mallet but they only have the blade, or you want to try the blade and they only have the mallet. Gloves, the greatest glove ever came out, and it's the right price, but, they don't have it for the lefty golfer. Clubs, the company makes multiple LH models, but the fitting cart has 1, and it's usually the SGI that no one ever touches, while the RH guy next to you tries 15 different combos before making a decision.

Don't even get me started on gloves. I need an XXL glove for my Sasquatch size hand, and I don't think they even make them for lefties. So, here I am squeezing into an XL, about to burst at the seams.

Okay, it's not that bad, but still. Show the lefties a little love.

Maybe it's a bit more of a Canadian thing, but I definitely find a decent amount of left handed clubs here. I also think we have more lefties here in Canada then most other places.

I have really only found one club that I really wanted and it wasn't available. It was the cobra baffler fairway from last year. Thankfully they brought one out this year so problem solved!

Even when I look online for used golf equipment in my area I would say 40% is left handed.

• Like 1

I feel like gloves are the hardest to find. I usually don't have an issue finding clubs.

Walmart has the Wilson gloves for $5.00 pair, when in stock. I buy 6 gloves and last me quite a while. Every time we go to the "mart" I check if they have them buy another 5-6 gloves.

Probably have about 10-15 gloves stashed in my bag/cart/garage.

Maybe it's a bit more of a Canadian thing, but I definitely find a decent amount of left handed clubs here. I also think we have more lefties here in Canada then most other places.

I have really only found one club that I really wanted and it wasn't available. It was the cobra baffler fairway from last year. Thankfully they brought one out this year so problem solved!

Even when I look online for used golf equipment in my area I would say 40% is left handed.

In Houston, the GolfSmith stores would pack up any stagnant lefty inventory they had and ship it to Canada. Basically if we didn't buy the club when it came out, it would get shipped by the time it would go on sale. Lot's of lefties up north. Something about hockey and lefties...I don't know, I was lost after the word 'hockey'. Is that a sport? What is that?

Don't even get me started on gloves. I need an XXL glove for my Sasquatch size hand, and I don't think they even make them for lefties. So, here I am squeezing into an XL, about to burst at the seams.

Okay, it's not that bad, but still. Show the lefties a little love.

Have you tried the Zero Friction golf glove, they are a "one Size" glove, but he fabric stretches pretty good. They are petty inexpensive, could be worth a try. They have multiple colors as well. The down side is that they wear out faster than the nicer gloves, but They are very comfortable.

• Like 1

Have you tried the Zero Friction golf glove, they are a "one Size" glove, but he fabric stretches pretty good. They are petty inexpensive, could be worth a try. They have multiple colors as well. The down side is that they wear out faster than the nicer gloves, but They are very comfortable.

I've looked into those, just wasn't sure how good they were. I may have to try one out!

The issue in the Stores isn't whether or not it is available in Lefty, it's whether or not you can find one to try before you buy in lefty. So many clubs in RH that I would love to try. Sometimes I just try it in the RH model. Or really mess with them and turn it over toe down and hit em that way, anyway, with some clubs it just difficult to find one in the lefty model to swing.
  • Like 1