Head Covers for Whole Bag?

Shankster

Adds to Slow play and not my cup of tea, just my 2 cents, if you like them rock them.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Just curious. I've heard people say just cause I want to show off my irons. I hear you though. Slow play sucks regardless of what causes it.

- Al

• Like 1

I figure if I'm using my irons to hit sand/pebble filled turf 25-35 times a round twice a week, plus 100-200 times a practice session once or twice a week, I don't really mind if they smack up against one another while I'm walking. Doubt it's doing more damage than actually using them.

• Like 1

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade M2 (2016) 10.5° | Fujikura Pro Stiff 60g

Fairway: Taylormade Aeroburner 2.0 TP 16.5° | Diamana Whiteboard Stiff 80g

Hybrid: Titleist 915h 21° | Diamana Blueboard Stiff 80g

Driving Iron: Titleist 712U 3 Iron | Kuro Kage Stiff 70g

Irons: Titleist AP2 714 4-PW | KBS Tour 90 Stiff Shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 50°/54°/58°

Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2 | SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 

Ball: Taylormade TP5x

Never have used them and never will. I'll cover my woods and putter. That's it. I enjoy the clickity clack as I walk down a fairway.

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade M6 10.5*

FW: Callaway Steelhead Plus 4 wood

Hybrid: 18* 2 & 22* 4 Sub 70 949

Irons:  Sub 70 

639 CB 5 - 6

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Arm Lock
Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
Handicap index:  +2.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Still a no for me. My solution was a different bag. Used to have a Bagboy Revolver and switched last season to the Ogio Silencer.

Fixes all of those issues without having to put head covers on my irons. Even without that bag though I still wouldn't rock them.

Woods, hybrids and putter. Nothing else gets a cover for me.

How do you like the Ogio Silencer? I've been looking at new bags, and this one has been top of the list. I was worried about how the clubs would fit with midsize grips like the MCC Plus4s

• Like 2

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

Still a no for me. My solution was a different bag. Used to have a Bagboy Revolver and switched last season to the Ogio Silencer.

Fixes all of those issues without having to put head covers on my irons. Even without that bag though I still wouldn't rock them.

Woods, hybrids and putter. Nothing else gets a cover for me.

Minus the silencer bag....this

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I have these for my hybrids (iron type), irons and wedges: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0074V4W8Y/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2T2L1SZ9FUVAD&coliid=I2CS23JFZRVOM5

My clubs are also forged and built by me, so I'd like to keep them looking good for as long as I can.

• Like 2

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I've never had them, seems to slow me down, or I'd lose them. BUT months ago I was fitted for a new set of irons and it has me thinking of getting a set

• Like 1

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

Cobra Fly-Z Hybrid 18.5

Titleist 816 H1 23

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

I use them all the time - maybe because I'm a bit OCD. Head covers on the driver, hybrids, irons, wedges. But I did lose my putter cover. Doesn't slow down the game at all - I take them off as I approach my ball and put them back on as I approach the cart. I keep the cover in my pocket while I'm hitting the ball. Also keeps the clubs from 'chattering' while I drive the cart.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

... Like others here I play forged irons and they are an investment, especially since I rarely keep them more than 2 seasons and sell them in mint condition. I use a remote cart and almost always walk but that cart gives the clubs a pretty rough ride sometimes. I have used the Bag Boy Revolver for years and last season went to the lighter Ogio Silencer. I have the original and the 2016 version. The original locks clubs in place with no movement. The new one started slipping with a few clubs almost immediately and some clang together. I just called Ogio about it today and the warranty dept is calling me back Monday. Hopefully I just got a defective one. 

• Like 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

How do you like the Ogio Silencer? I've been looking at new bags, and this one has been top of the list. I was worried about how the clubs would fit with midsize grips like the MCC Plus4s

... Read my earlier post about the Silencer. Other than the slipping I really like the bag. It is much lighter than my older BB Revolver bags. I did try my sons midsize grips in my Silencer and they are a tighter fit, which actually works better than my normal grips with one wrap. So you should be good. 

• Like 2

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

Questions: why cover the putter & no to irons.

IMO. I find that so silly. Putter cost less than irons so protecting investment is out. It don't get used for full strokes & straight angle accuracy is minimal compared to feet vs yards so nick dents reason is out.

Im truly curious to reason for this

Sent from my SM-N910V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

I have some neoprene ones called "iron gloves". They are relatively cheap and small. I put it in my pocket when I hit so doesn't really slow you down much. They fit tight on the club so they don't fall off and seem fairly sturdy. IMG_2009.JPG

• Like 2
:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Questions: why cover the putter & no to irons.

IMO. I find that so silly. Putter cost less than irons so protecting investment is out. It don't get used for full strokes & straight angle accuracy is minimal compared to feet vs yards so nick dents reason is out.

Im truly curious to reason for this

Sent from my SM-N910V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That's what I'm sayin!! Why not cover everything? We aren't advertising well I guess we are but not getting paid for it!

- Al

• Like 2

That's what I'm sayin!! Why not cover everything? We aren't advertising well I guess we are but not getting paid for it!

- Al

I'm sorry but I have putters that cost more than my irons, plus I don't use my putter in the sand or rough, can't compare, for me the putter is the most respected club in my bag, plus the only club I rub gun oil all over it after every round. Yeah call me crazy.

• Like 2

No iron covers for me for the following reasons:

1. Stigma: Won't be judged by those golf purist

2. Just another thing to lose: you never want to be that guy backtracking to the groups behind you asking "anyone find a headcover"

3. It's metal: any imperfections to the grooves will likely add spin if anything. Putter is more of a finesse club & visuals are more important. Same with the woods as dings on irons are generally on the bottom, while those on woods are generally on the crown.

4. These are instruments used to beat a golf ball: if you purchased for visual purposes, hang those puppies on the wall

5. It's what I feel is right: I do what's best me & you do what's best for you!

Sent from my SM-J700T using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

I have a set of neoprene iron head covers for traveling but I never use them when playing. I carry and I actually like the rhythmic 'clack-clack-clack' of my irons banging together as I walk. Now I did just splurge on a custom set of knit wood headcovers with some nice old-school pom-poms on them. Don't want to scratch the painted heads.

Some people really baby their clubs and some leave them in the trunk of their car. If you like the all head cover look, go for it. Like some have said, there is a bit of a stigma of iron headcovers but who cares what someone else thinks?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter