Head Covers for Whole Bag?

Our Sponsors

Kept covers on my mp33's for 15 years- they were pristine.

Sold them for $600 on eBay

Like em or not- they keep the clubs perfect and worth more at selling time

• Like 4

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use them on all my clubs as well. I get ribbed about using them but at the end of the round when I am collecting my winnings I mention that it must have been the iron covers that let me play so well

I don't use them. But I certainly understand why those that do.   I also personally like the look of 6 or 7 shiny clubheads lined up in the bag.       I'm different. I actually like the smal

I don't care what anyone thinks. They can kiss my... I was just wondering how many people had that stigma of using them.   Like I said originally I don't use them, but I will.   Everyone is

Posted Images

Did you get the Silencer?

I got a silencer on sale off the web and it has kept my Mizuno mp4s nice and ding free. No bag chatter. Only dings are from pebbles in the soil. Got it about 2 years ago and it's done well. Before that i had my 681s with little neoprene covers. I hate to see clubs all beat to heck and back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I got Velcro ones from eBay. They are awesome and keep my clubs from chattering to and from the course.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra F Max 5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Preach on!

And keep an eye out for "Shanky Covers" in the near future.

- Al

Shank Protectors

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

I love the idea for covers on every club but the practicality of it just puts me offso I opted for the best bag on the market, the bennington qo14 golf bag, individual slots, no club chatter on any of my forged irons. Club in, club out, perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I just got my new irons set yesterday. The preowned irons dinged up pretty bad. I compare to my razr X forged that I've been using for the last 30 rounds it has not a mark on it. I could only imagine the clack, clack, clack that contributed to those marks, Nuff said.

The club you say is "pretty banged up" looks damn good to me for a used club.  My clubs look horrible compared to that one and they still hit the ball as well as they did when I bought them 15 years ago.

I walk almost every round, and cant stand the club chatter- I have iron headcovers as well as putter, driver and 3 wood.   I actually recently got the Craftsman simulated leather covers (20 bucks from Amazon) and they are nice because they have Velcro inside which helps keep them on.

Regarding slow play- they do not slow me down- any more than pulling a club out of the bag slows someone down.  I already have my distance, make my club selection and the headcover comes off in my right hand and into my right  pocket as I approach the ball. 

I also don't write the score down at the green, I do it as I am walking to the next tee box.  I put the headcovers back on as I am walking to the next shot or the next tee box-   Trust me- headcovers do not slow me down. 

• Like 1

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

I walk almost every round, and cant stand the club chatter- I have iron headcovers as well as putter, driver and 3 wood. I actually recently got the Craftsman simulated leather covers (20 bucks from Amazon) and they are nice because they have Velcro inside which helps keep them on.

Regarding slow play- they do not slow me down- any more than pulling a club out of the bag slows someone down. I already have my distance, make my club selection and the headcover comes off in my right hand and into my right pocket as I approach the ball.

I also don't write the score down at the green, I do it as I am walking to the next tee box. I put the headcovers back on as I am walking to the next shot or the next tee box- Trust me- headcovers do not slow me down.

All that good pace of play stuff and .. I'll bet good money that you do not spend a full five minutes lining up your fourth putt, either!

(oh that drives me nuts)

• Like 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

All that good pace of play stuff and .. I'll bet good money that you do not spend a full five minutes lining up your fourth putt, either!

(oh that drives me nuts)

Funny you should mention putting- been the bane of my existence the past few weeks- I even worked for about an hour on the putting green to work on speed, distance and direction (what else is there???) and have not been able to make S*^T  Nothing will drop, burning edges high and low, and recently pulling almost every short (5 footers) putt that I look at.  Gonna go back to the Speith-esque "Look at the hole" for those close ones and see if  I can get back on track...  Killing my scores- turning birdies into pars or worse, and pars into bogeys...I am making great approach shots or recovery shots only to miss the putt.. Killing me!!~!!  so no, I am not spending 5 minutes on the green, let alone over one putt...

• Like 1

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

I have headcovers on all my clubs. I easily get an extra year or two out of a forged blade because they aren't clattering around. The first set of blades I had only last two seasons before the faces were toast. The last set I stretched out to 5 but probably went a year too long.

The Club Glove line is the best you can get. I've had both the red and the silver so the are easy to see if you drop one. I don't think they add to slow play - it goes in your pocket while you swing and goes back on once the grooves are cleaned.

• Like 2

I have a full set of iron headcovers, but I have reserved them for travel, whether it be for a flight, or a drive that lasts more than a few hours (Try driving 10 hours with clattering clubs... It's maddening!). Every time I have gotten new irons, the thought crosses my mind to cover them up on the course, but I never got around to buying the covers before I started traveling. However, now that I HAVE covers, my next iron set purchase will be interesting. I'm not planning on using the covers on my next iron set, but that may change depending on how pretty they look out of the box!

• Like 1
In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 6X Blue
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :odyssey-small: Metal-X Milled #2
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS

^^ nice Minions :-) !!!

• Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

I just bought a set of Miuras so I was really eager to make them last. I wasn't really looking forward to getting iron covers but I was considering it to avoid chatter.

I think the Bennington bag system is pretty slick at removing chatter without the active clip or lock mechanisms of other silencer bags.

Shameless plug

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/19856-unofficial-review-–-bennington-bags-–-no-club-chatter/

Overall, I could not be happier with the bag.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB