Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

Cheap and Effective Putting Aid

This isn't necessarily one of your traditional putting aids but I have found it to be extremely effective and I have noticed a huge improvement in my putting since I started using it. It's kind of a cheap, no gimmick thing but it gives you instant feedback on how well you are rolling the ball. Previously, I have used some roll up artificial grass putting aids but I always felt like they weren't transferring well to the course. I have always struggled with putts 5 feet and in, I think a lot of it was due to not getting the ball rolling in the right direction to start with. This has helped tremendously with my alignment and ability to focus on rolling the ball to a specific spot. 

Here's the benefits that I have noticed: 

- As with other sports, aiming for a small spot is where it's at, it keeps your misses significantly smaller. When practicing putting, I found myself usually just aiming for the entire hole but after using this for a few weeks, I noticed that I was picking a specific spot on the hole that I wanted the ball to fall in to.

- If you are mishitting the ball at all, you'll know right away. Any deviation from a perfect roll and the ball is going to slide off the measuring stick. I previously had a habit of slightly pushing the ball on short putts and that has all but gone away after using this. 

- You get audible feedback on how well the ball is rolling. I know, it sounds weird but after rolling putts on this for a little while you can tell if you are applying anything but perfect top-spin on your putts. 

- The yellow gives you a good color contrast and I have noticed that I kind of picture it when lining up short putts on the course. Again, seems weird but I have noticed that I am able to picture the yellow line going straight to the hole and more often than not, it goes there.  

The hole that is traditionally used for hanging it in your garage allows you to place the ball so that it doesn't roll away (I mean it is just a measuring stick, after all...)

038987001444.jpg

72in Swanson Straight Edge 

I picked one up at Lowe's for about $12, here's a link

I suppose this might not work for everyone but given the price of most putting aids, I thought I would share this with you all. Nothing is more frustrating than constantly missing 3-5 foot putts on the course and this has helped me with that problem significantly!

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 9° w/ GD Tour AD DI-6X

3wd: TaylorMade SIM 15° w/ GD Tour AD DI-7S

2h: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 17° w/ Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

4h: Callaway XR Pro 23 w/ Project X LZ 6.0

5i - PW: Callaway Apex Pro

Wedges: Callaway MD3 50°, Titleist SM8 54° and 58°

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

That's a great idea for practice. I assume this is a wooden measuring stick? Then we just hit putts on it for instant feedback. Brilliant

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

When I was in school I played with a gentleman in his 80's.  He still played from the white tees, and still shot in the 70's.  One day I was struggling with 4-5 footers.  About an hour after I got home he showed up with an 8ft. 2X4.  He set it on end (vertically) and told me to putt it down the board until I rolled 2 in a row off the end.  45 minutes later I still hadn't come close.  He left..I burnt the board.

:ping-small: S57 DG S300 stiff

:taylormade-small:  M1 430 8.5 Matrix Black Tie 

:ping-small:  Tour Wedges stiff

:taylormade-small:  SLDR 16* mini driver Fuji Speeder stiff

:taylormade-small: SLDR 21* hybrid Fuji Speeder stiff

:cameron-small: Futura  Superstroke mid slim 2.0

:taylormade-small:  project (a) #7's

Great idea. 

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

When I was in school I played with a gentleman in his 80's.  He still played from the white tees, and still shot in the 70's.  One day I was struggling with 4-5 footers.  About an hour after I got home he showed up with an 8ft. 2X4.  He set it on end (vertically) and told me to putt it down the board until I rolled 2 in a row off the end.  45 minutes later I still hadn't come close.  He left..I burnt the board.

Haha, fair enough! Trying to putt down a vertical 2x4 sounds absolutely brutal. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 9° w/ GD Tour AD DI-6X

3wd: TaylorMade SIM 15° w/ GD Tour AD DI-7S

2h: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 17° w/ Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

4h: Callaway XR Pro 23 w/ Project X LZ 6.0

5i - PW: Callaway Apex Pro

Wedges: Callaway MD3 50°, Titleist SM8 54° and 58°

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

When I was in school I played with a gentleman in his 80's. He still played from the white tees, and still shot in the 70's. One day I was struggling with 4-5 footers. About an hour after I got home he showed up with an 8ft. 2X4. He set it on end (vertically) and told me to putt it down the board until I rolled 2 in a row off the end. 45 minutes later I still hadn't come close. He left..I burnt the board.

Now that's funny (the burning part)

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Yardstick; metal or wood, is a good training aid.  I personally used a dime and just put it about 20" in front of a ball and try to hit the dime with different stroke lengths.  Great practice at home and on the course.   I also putt over a dime as part of my warmup.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Archived