Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Aligning Ball on tee box?

grad2004cca

24 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I'd actually think of it the other way around.  For a tournament, special care should be taken to align the tee markers properly.  On a random day, I'm never surprised to find that an inexperienced member of the staff gets the markers pointed the wrong way.

The members of the staff at my course are not inexperienced; they have been doing it for years.  They know exactly what they are doing.  The design of most teeing grounds aim you at features of the course, ponds, bunkers, big grassy mounds.  When the tee boxes are aligned with the teeing ground, they point to trouble.  Munis on the weekend should never have the boxes aligned anywhere but the middle of the fairway to speed up play.  Most inexperienced players do not even look to see where the tee boxes are aimed; even some experienced players don't!!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I'd actually think of it the other way around.  For a tournament, special care should be taken to align the tee markers properly.  On a random day, I'm never surprised to find that an inexperienced member of the staff gets the markers pointed the wrong way.

Oh, I'm not talking about just markers being skewed - more like the tee box is misaligned.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

14 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Oh, I'm not talking about just markers being skewed - more like the tee box is misaligned.

Yeah, that can definitely be annoying.  On the other hand, the architect might do that in order to produce different angles when the hole is played from different distances.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

1 minute ago, DaveP043 said:

Yeah, that can definitely be annoying.  On the other hand, the architect might do that in order to produce different angles when the hole is played from different distances.  

Probably.  A few of those I'm referring to are sneaky.  They are just subtle enough to not look real obvious but have those not paying attention headed into the weeds.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)