TESTERS WANTED! ×

Wilson Announces Driver Vs. Driver Season 2

Apparently Season 1 proved successful enough for Wilson Staff to go to the well once again for Season Two of Driver Vs. Driver....We'll see what we can find out...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

somebody here needs to get in on this

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

It was an awful show imo. Still need to get the Big Break back

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

I got to go to Wilson and see behind the scenes of the show, the innovation Center, and meet all the people at Wilson who made DvD a success. I used the triton for a few rounds and enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to seeing what season 2 has to offer!

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Interesting, like Jukes said, I hope they make some format changes to make it flow quicker and add more content during each episode.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I enjoyed it except for the beginning when you obviously knew some contestants concept would never make it, I like reality shows and I love golf so even with all the major fluff I watched it weekly.

Press release just rolled in -- hoping to talk with Wilson Golf President Tim Clarke this afternoon...

GOLF CHANNEL GREENLIGHTS SEASON TWO OF

DRIVER VS. DRIVER PRESENTED BY WILSON,

PREMIERING FALL 2018

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA OR CONCEPT FOR GOLF'S NEXT GREAT DRIVER AT www.GolfChannel.com/DrivervsDriver

ORLANDO, Fla., May 2, 2017 – Coming off the inaugural season of Driver vs. Driver in 2016 – a new television series that offered golfers and golf enthusiasts a fresh, modern look at how golf equipment is designed, developed, and manufactured – Golf Channel has greenlit season two of this innovative series, scheduled to premiere in Fall 2018.

Driver vs. Driver 2 will give viewers an exclusive, inside look at the complex process of designing a driver – from creating a functional prototype, to testing clubs with PGA TOUR players, to showcasing head-to-head competitions in an effort to ultimately develop the next world-class driver from Wilson.

Today, Golf Channel and Wilson Golf issued a formal “Call for Entries,” inviting inventors, golf enthusiasts, product designers, engineers, product developers, and creative, big thinkers to share their ideas for the world's next great golf driver concept at www.GolfChannel.com/DrivervsDriver.

To enter, individuals and/or teams need to submit a short video describing their concept, why they believe it will be the next great driver innovation and a brief synopsis of who they are. The deadline for entries is 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, June 4, 2017.

Driver vs. Driver 2 will follow the journey an idea takes – from a napkin sketch to prototype to a final, finished product. The winning individual or team of Driver vs. Driver 2 will receive a cash grand prize and serve as a Wilson Staff brand ambassador. As in season one of the show, the winning driver concept will be manufactured, marketed, and sold at golf retailers across the country as Wilson Golf's next premier driver, and could ultimately be played by some of the game's greatest players from around the globe. The winning driver from season one – the Wilson Triton DVD – is currently on-sale at more than 1,000 golf retail stores and pro shops worldwide.

ABOUT DRIVER vs. DRIVER PRESENTED BY WILSON

Driver vs. Driver presented by Wilson debuted in 2016.  The show, from inception, was designed to utilize the power of crowd-sourcing combined with Wilson LABS', the innovation hub at Wilson, deep golf experience and expertise to create a world-class golf driver in a way that had never been done before. Driver vs. Driver also was created to infuse new energy and excitement into the golf equipment conversation, open the game of golf to a broader audience and bring highly innovative products to the marketplace, all while educating golfers on how drivers are designed, developed and manufactured. 

Eric Sillies, an industrial design graduate from the University of Cincinnati, was crowned the winner of Driver vs. Driver's inaugural season. His driver concept – Wilson Triton DVD – is one of the most adjustable, multi-piece drivers on the market, and offers distance gains to pro and amateurs alike.

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Got to meet Eric at the PGA show Demo Day in January - what a hell of a nice guy! Says the first thing he did with some of the prize money was take his wife on their long delayed honeymoon...

IMG_2211.JPG

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

It was an awful show imo. Still need to get the Big Break back

Amen brother. This show was completely unwatchable IMO. Would love to see GC update Big Break and re-launch the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. I tried watching it a couple of times. Didn't do it for me either. Perhaps this time it will actually be good.

I wish them well.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I think my favorite part of the show was winning a free DvD book bag and pack of DUOs for answering a twitter question about the show correctly otherwise there was a lot of fluff with a solid idea

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

Maybe if they did a grid to test out their drivers, longest in the grid. Or fade and draw it around, say a clubhouse. I agree with pretty much everyone, I was only able to stomach 2 episodes - the first (which I fast forwarded through most of) and the last (last 10 minutes of that episode).

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I could just never get into the show. I don't think it offered enough to the viewer

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

So who wants to partner with me and design the next best driver? Lol

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

I think this is going to be a process - sure there are things that can be worked on to improve the production aspects and such, but anything that breathes life into innovation - and opportunities for individuals with great ideas - is a step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned.

I don't see where Season 2 will help me, as I bought the Triton, Season 1 Winner and it has kicked my other drivers out of the bag!

Seriously, the Triton from Season 1 is so good that I just can't imagine what the next Winner will do.

I love my Triton!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I don't see where Season 2 will help me, as I bought the Triton, Season 1 Winner and it has kicked my other drivers out of the bag!

Seriously, the Triton from Season 1 is so good that I just can't imagine what the next Winner will do.

I love my Triton!

Well what if I guarantee that my new driver design called Poseidon (get the tie in ;)) can get another 10 yards and comes with a water bottle (another tie in) ha ha ha..

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Well what if I guarantee that my new driver designed called Poseidon (get the tie in ;)) can get another 10 yards and comes with a water bottle (another tie in) ha ha ha..

MDGolfHacker

I'm in!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Looking forward to it! Loved seeing all the different concepts even if some really weren't that good or well thought out.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I'm just gonna add a fin to this, paint it gold and send it in. BOOM!!! 473 YARDS!!! BOOM!!! DRIVER SEASON 2 CHAMPION!!!

0abf79_afb7aa857035416c81edf5ec119c310f.

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

My normal drives have been 195-210, UNTIL I acquired the Wilson Staff Triton.....now I am 210-220, with several 230's and my longest has been 251! I love my Triton, the most adjustable driver on the market!

• 1 year later...

Archived