TESTERS WANTED! ×

I want to relo from Indianapolis.......Where are the best golf deals for Seniors?

I golf 130 times a year and go to about 25 to 35 different places a year.  With that being said I golf during the week as a senior and pay from $22 per round up through $31 here in central Indiana... I am sick of playing in the winter when it is in the low 30s and want to relo somewhere in the south. that has golf rates like I am used to now.  Does anyone have any areas that have rates near this for seniors during the week and if so where?  I love golf and I am 68 yrs old and am retired.  Any ideas of areas or how to find them would be greatly appreciated. 

Southern Pines NC is a place I'm looking at.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Move ya arse on down to my neck of the woods . Pending on whether your family or just yourself plays however the rates are very good. My wife and I are members at Lane Creek and I pay $208.00 per month which covers all the golf, range balls, and cart fees. That's the family rate

Watkinsville Georgia area 🏌️⛳️

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Don't go to Florida for winter golf...the rates will break you!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Yeah, I thought FL would kill me financially with winter rates... I have been looking at Georgia and Alabama... but found the rates in AL to be high compared the Indy... and yes I know Al has some great courses... Any ideas will be helpful as far as year round golf areas as I am dead serious.. thanks 

Another vote for Southern Pines/Pinehurst area.  Sure there is the Big Dollar resort courses.  But tons of other "regular" courses that are a bargain.  While it's mostly year round, you might get a cold blast or two throughout January and February.  

As for Florida, others can speak more informed than I can.  But I recently visited a friend who retired to the Brooksville area, he joined a club for a very reasonable monthly fee, maybe $300 or something like that.   And he plays and practices everyday.   Once winter rates are over,he can play places like WorldWoods for $19 a round during the summer.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I live just a few miles north of Tampa where rates are in the $30's. My full club membership is less than $300/month. And other courses have reduced prices as low as $18/round during the summer.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I wondered about the north of Tampa area.... what area is best to be centrally located to be able to go to a lot of courses?  I don't mind the heat.. just high prices.. as I want to play like I do here at least 3 times a week and mostly during the weekdays...I also heard about some areas in TX, also the Panama City area of FL and the Auburn, AL area..

thanks

• 1 month later...

I golf 130 times a year and go to about 25 to 35 different places a year. With that being said I golf during the week as a senior and pay from $22 per round up through $31 here in central Indiana... I am sick of playing in the winter when it is in the low 30s and want to relo somewhere in the south. that has golf rates like I am used to now. Does anyone have any areas that have rates near this for seniors during the week and if so where? I love golf and I am 68 yrs old and am retired. Any ideas of areas or how to find them would be greatly appreciated.

Archived