I want to relo from Indianapolis.......Where are the best golf deals for Seniors?

I golf 130 times a year and go to about 25 to 35 different places a year.  With that being said I golf during the week as a senior and pay from $22 per round up through $31 here in central Indiana... I am sick of playing in the winter when it is in the low 30s and want to relo somewhere in the south. that has golf rates like I am used to now.  Does anyone have any areas that have rates near this for seniors during the week and if so where?  I love golf and I am 68 yrs old and am retired.  Any ideas of areas or how to find them would be greatly appreciated. 

Southern Pines NC is a place I'm looking at.

• Like 3

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Move ya arse on down to my neck of the woods . Pending on whether your family or just yourself plays however the rates are very good. My wife and I are members at Lane Creek and I pay $208.00 per month which covers all the golf, range balls, and cart fees. That's the family rate [emoji6]

Watkinsville Georgia area [emoji1303]🏌️⛳️

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Tommy Armour
 Impact No. 2 Wide Blade Putter with SuperStoke 3.0 Grip

2021 Official Reviewer: MotoCaddy M7

Don't go to Florida for winter golf...the rates will break you!

• Like 3

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Yeah, I thought FL would kill me financially with winter rates... I have been looking at Georgia and Alabama... but found the rates in AL to be high compared the Indy... and yes I know Al has some great courses... Any ideas will be helpful as far as year round golf areas as I am dead serious.. thanks 

• Like 1

Another vote for Southern Pines/Pinehurst area.  Sure there is the Big Dollar resort courses.  But tons of other "regular" courses that are a bargain.  While it's mostly year round, you might get a cold blast or two throughout January and February.  

As for Florida, others can speak more informed than I can.  But I recently visited a friend who retired to the Brooksville area, he joined a club for a very reasonable monthly fee, maybe $300 or something like that.   And he plays and practices everyday.   Once winter rates are over,he can play places like WorldWoods for $19 a round during the summer.

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I live just a few miles north of Tampa where rates are in the $30's. My full club membership is less than $300/month. And other courses have reduced prices as low as $18/round during the summer.

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*) w/Recoil ES Hybrid(75 GM) regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

I wondered about the north of Tampa area.... what area is best to be centrally located to be able to go to a lot of courses?  I don't mind the heat.. just high prices.. as I want to play like I do here at least 3 times a week and mostly during the weekdays...I also heard about some areas in TX, also the Panama City area of FL and the Auburn, AL area..

thanks

• 1 month later...

I golf 130 times a year and go to about 25 to 35 different places a year. With that being said I golf during the week as a senior and pay from $22 per round up through $31 here in central Indiana... I am sick of playing in the winter when it is in the low 30s and want to relo somewhere in the south. that has golf rates like I am used to now. Does anyone have any areas that have rates near this for seniors during the week and if so where? I love golf and I am 68 yrs old and am retired. Any ideas of areas or how to find them would be greatly appreciated.