TESTERS WANTED! ×

Adams Golf

Dankiz

I play and love my Adams Blue irons and hybrids combo, after previously using the Adams A12 combo set. Playing off 20, I find Adams perfectly suit my game. they are well made and very forgiving. Now I know that Taylormade bought the brand and the logo is still on the headquarters building in Carlsbad, but is Adams realistically defunct as a brand? Real shame if so, but just wondered if anybody knew the lowdown as to Taylormades plans for them?

I don't think they will even keep the name. Someone might buy the naming rights so in that respect the name might continue, but I doubt it.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Real pity... I enjoyed Adams gear pre-TM era so much.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Is Taylormade still up for sale?

I heard a rep last week telling the owner of the pro shop yes.

But because of Nike going out, they were not going to sell cheap anymore.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Real pity... I enjoyed Adams gear pre-TM era so much.

It's a real shame about Adams Golf. My Dad has the CMB irons from 2012, and he loves them to death, so he'll be horrified to hear about what's happened.

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50

Callaway MD4 - 56 & 60 degrees

Putter: Taylormade TP Collection Soto

Golf Ball: Titliest Pro V1 and Srixon Z-Star 

The MB2s and the Pro Hybrids are still some of the best gear that I have ever played.  My bag that I keep in my office out west is all Adams except for the wedges and the putter.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I really hope that when TM get sold that the new owners sell Adams to someone else that can keep the brand going.  Feels like Adams has been relegated to the backburner since TM bought them but new owners may be able to breath new life into the brand if they are treating it as their main focus.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

I really hope that when TM get sold that the new owners sell Adams to someone else that can keep the brand going. Feels like Adams has been relegated to the backburner since TM bought them but new owners may be able to breath new life into the brand if they are treating it as their main focus.

Most of of them good adams stuff (patents and people) weren't just switched to the TaylorMade team or let go of.

The only thing that remains is the Adams name

Most of of them good adams stuff (patents and people) weren't just switched to the TaylorMade team or let go of.

The only thing that remains is the Adams name

That's too bad. I had read the some of the engineers from Adams had ended up at Ben Hogan to engineer their hybrids. That was before the restructuring. Hopefully Hogan can survive and keep that going.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Go back and read MyGolfSpy's article from 2012:
BREAKING NEWS! – Taylormade Buys Adams Golf (What It Really Means)

MGS predicted (at a 75% probability) that TM would kill off Adams. Pretty dead-on.

Adams was so much more than their hybrids. They also produced a ton of great fairway woods and iron sets as well (CB2 and CB1 some of the best ever, IMO). They also stayed at the forefront when it came to customization.

There have been no new Adams product releases since 2015, and there will not be any more as long as TM owns the name (or possibly ever). Who is going to pay up for the Adams name today? TM ruined the equipment game and is forcing themselves -- and other brands -- into a death spiral. If you wanted the Adams name, why wouldn't you just sit tight and watch the train wreck. The price will get cheaper.

Seems TM wanted Adams' patents, wanted to avoid being sued by Adams for patent infringement (think Velocity Slots), and wanted to eliminate a worthy competitor in the "innovation race". Mission accomplished.

Price tag: $70 million.

Winner: Barney Adams.

Loser: Golfers.

Thanks, TM.

--WITB--

Ping i15 Driver 9.5° Stiff

Ping i25 Fairway 15° Stiff

Kasco k2k 44 Utility 19° Stiff

Kasco k2k 55 Utility 22° Stiff

Miura CB-501 Irons 5-9 KBS Tour Stiff

Scratch 8620 d/d grind PW 47°

Scratch 8620 d/d grind GW 53°

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 SW 58° 2 dot

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 LW 60° 1 dot

Never Compromise Putter Sub 30 Type-50

Snell MTB

I play the Adams XTD forged irons and I have tried all the new clubs I even bought the new Srixon 765`s but they did not las the XTD forged are back in the bag and the Srixon`s were sold 

:callaway-small: rouge subzero Fujikura Evo 2 shaft

:titelist-small:  F2  3 wood Mitsubishi rayon 

:titelist-small:  818.21 hybrid Even flow black

Ben Hogan irons apex 4 shafts 

:mizuno-small: S18 wedges 50/54/58

:titelist-small:  Cameron and Crown M1

• 1 month later...

reviving an old topic, but I love ADAMS golf. my first set was a set of Tight Lies 2 my dad bought for me. I have a full back up bag of Adams right now. 9088 UL driver, Fast10 3w, Pro 20* hybrid, A12 Pros 5-PW KBS Tour 120 smoke shafts, CB2 50* and Pro Gold 55* on the way. will never part with these clubs, love them to death.  Almost prefer this bag over my gamers: Nike Vapor Fly driver and 3w, Vapor Pro 3-PW, Engage wedges 54* 58* and Origin B1-01 Counterflex putter

Cobra Speedzone 9*

Callaway Mavrik 15*

Sub70 939x hybrid 19*

Sub70 699 Pro 5-pw

Cleveland RTX3 54/58

Ping Sigma2 Tyne darkness

I play the Adams XTD forged irons and I have tried all the new clubs I even bought the new Srixon 765`s but they did not las the XTD forged are back in the bag and the Srixon`s were sold

Pro Shop has a set of these used, but looked new, for $299.00. Almost pulled the trigger.

But was wise, and walked away.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

I was disappointed when I recently put a set together for a birthday gift and my first instinct was to look for a complete Adams set, because they made some really quality beginner/intermediate complete sets not to long ago.  I ended up putting a awesome set together anyways, but it was disappointed not to have the option of buying a complete set already put together by what was a very solid company with quality sets.

Driver :     :cobra-small: F7 - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

3w:           :cobra-small:  F7 Fairway - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

Hybrid:     :cobra-small: F6 Hybrid - KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95g X-Stiff

Irons:       :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged (4,5) JPX 900 Tour (6-P) KBS C-Taper 130 (Softstepped)

Wedes:         :titelist-small: SM7 52* F Grind, 56* M Gind (KBS C-Taper 125), 60* S Grind

Putter:   :cameron-small: Futura X7M

• 4 months later...

Recently bought a used but very good condition set of CMBs off the Bay.  Had them built up by great local builder.  Went back to the Bay and bought two more sets of CMBs.  Best iron heads I've ever hit (MacGregor, Miura, Cobra, Titleist, Maruman, Orlimar, original Snake Eyes...).  If the CMBs are this good, I wonder about the XTDs... problem being that if you read the old reviews including Ernie Els' feedback, they're too long!  Ha!

Archived