TESTERS WANTED! ×

Post Your Swing

Smalls1588

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Working on a few things at the range today. I'm realizing a lot of my issues still boil down to letting my forearms roll the club back inside. Focusing on letting my hands work back and not around, keeping the club head outside of hands at parallel.

Another thing I'm working on from an old lesson is feeling like I pick the club up a little more, getting a little more wrist set earlier in the swing. Else I pull myself off the ball and get stuck on my backside.

This is a good swing where I did both well!

You know it's a good swing when you generate lots of club head speed but look like you aren't really trying!

What shot tracing program are you using for the video? I'd like to get something similar for the Cobra Connect Challenge.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

2 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

Looks like really good tempo as well...nice swing.

1 hour ago, gavinski91 said:

You know it's a good swing when you generate lots of club head speed but look like you aren't really trying!

What shot tracing program are you using for the video? I'd like to get something similar for the Cobra Connect Challenge.

Thanks! Tempo is something that is always on my mind, not wanting to rush my downswing. Sometimes I get quick and hit some nasty looking shots.

@gavinski91 The app I'm using here is ShotTracerPro on Mac OS. They make an iPhone and Android version as well, though I never had a lot of luck with the Android version. The app implies that it costs money (if you read the website), but I downloaded it for free and it seems to be fully featured. It does a decent job, too!

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

• 1 month later...

Here is one of me "better" 7 iron swings.  My distance is more around an average of 140, but I caught this one well.  Always interested in any thoughts or comments on my swing.  I am trying to figure out how to increase my swing speed and improve my ball striking to get to at least a 155 average on the 7 iron (and the standard gapping from there with the rest of my clubs).  

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

1 hour ago, Tiftaaft said:

Here is one of me "better" 7 iron swings.  My distance is more around an average of 140, but I caught this one well.  Always interested in any thoughts or comments on my swing.  I am trying to figure out how to increase my swing speed and improve my ball striking to get to at least a 155 average on the 7 iron (and the standard gapping from there with the rest of my clubs).  

... There is a lot of chicken or egg elements in any golf swing so I don't like talking club or body positions because there can be a myriad of reasons why, other than the obvious. An instructor in person/hands on can really help you better than a video critique. That said, I can give you 2 things to look at. Like most Ams, you are taking the club back too far to the inside which will almost always produce an over the top downswing. When your hands are waist high the club is well inside them and your right elbow is rising instead of folding. About 8 seconds in when your hands are just below waist high in the downswing, you are releasing the angle. Ideally you would like your right elbow pointing down and even with the front of your hip not behind it, which allows you to turn your hips through at impact. Your hips are still square instead of open at impact because your right arm is holding them back. 

... That is a LOT of info so the main things to concentrate on is getting the club on plane instead of inside on the back swing and getting your right elbow in front of your right hip on the downswing. One drill to help you feel this is stand with your feet together/knees locked so they don't bend and hit full shots with your 7 iron. This can give you a feel for cocking the club on plane going back and getting the right elbow in front on the downswing. Your hips should naturally open through impact even though your legs are locked. If you are successful doing this drill, you can start moving your feet apart about 6" at a time until you get to your normal address position. That will usually take anywhere from 5-10 different sessions (or more) under the watchful eyes of an instructor so be patient and don't rush it. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, chisag said:

That said, I can give you 2 things to look at.

Thank you so much chisag! Great comments, and of course it is always easier to see the issues once they are pointed out!  Awesome critique and suggested drills.  I will definitely be heading to an instructor soon, and while it is the hardest thing ever to be patient, I know that it will pay off if I am.  

Speaking of my inside swing, I did recognize (thanks to the slo mo video) that I have a first move at the top of the back swing that starts me over the top... makes complete sense that the inside path start is contributing to that.  And I have always struggled with casting before impact... so spot on there.  The big question is what to do about it... and thank you again for giving me a few things to work on, and of course another urging to see an instructor.  

~Tim

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Help me stop shanking partial wedges. Do I need to get my shoulders and weight back towards my heels at setup? Did some planemate work right before this and it didn’t seem to help. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

3 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

Help me stop shanking partial wedges. Do I need to get my shoulders and weight back towards my heels at setup? Did some planemate work right before this and it didn’t seem to help. 

Do the Adam young nail drill. Pretend there is a nail inside of the ball and try to hit that. Should give you more of a toe strike. Otherwise I would stand 1/2” farther back. You seem scrunched. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

13 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Do the Adam young nail drill. Pretend there is a nail inside of the ball and try to hit that. Should give you more of a toe strike. Otherwise I would stand 1/2” farther back. You seem scrunched. 

I do Adam’s 3d aimpoint technique. I’m aiming at the inside edge of the ball here. Need a more drastic fix or more specifically- a new feel 

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

1 minute ago, BMart519 said:

I do Adam’s 3d aimpoint technique. I’m aiming at the inside edge of the ball here. Need a more drastic fix or more specifically- a new feel 

I really think that you are then too close and your body is worried about getting stuck. 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

13 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

... One of the most consistent flaws I saw when teaching was players taking the club back to the inside instead of on plane. Stop your video when the shaft is parallel to the ground on the backswing at 5 sec. and you can see the club head is well behind your hands. Should be in front of your hands or at least even with them. You are dragging the club back with your body instead of hinging your wrists. At the same point on your downswing the shaft has already been released and you are again dragging it through impact which causes a myriad of problems including hitting the hosel. 

... Start by making little chips and progressing to pitches focusing on hinging your wrists immediately and keeping the club head in front of your hands. Do not swing past waist high with your hands. The big difference is instead of the shaft being parallel when your hands are waist high, it should be vertical. Once you start getting the feel you can begin increasing the length of your backswing but just a little bit at a time. You are training yourself to do something almost 100% different than what you are doing now so it should feel VERY different. Take your time and don't rush lengthening your backswing. You can easily hit waist high pitches for a week engraining the new feel. I think that is plenty to start with, so good luck! 

9 minutes ago, chisag said:

... One of the most consistent flaws I saw when teaching was players taking the club back to the inside instead of on plane. Stop your video when the shaft is parallel to the ground on the backswing at 5 sec. and you can see the club head is well behind your hands. Should be in front of your hands or at least even with them. You are dragging the club back with your body instead of hinging your wrists. At the same point on your downswing the shaft has already been released and you are again dragging it through impact which causes a myriad of problems including hitting the hosel. 

... Start by making little chips and progressing to pitches focusing on hinging your wrists immediately and keeping the club head in front of your hands. Do not swing past waist high with your hands. The big difference is instead of the shaft being parallel when your hands are waist high, it should be vertical. Once you start getting the feel you can begin increasing the length of your backswing but just a little bit at a time. You are training yourself to do something almost 100% different than what you are doing now so it should feel VERY different. Take your time and don't rush lengthening your backswing. You can easily hit waist high pitches for a week engraining the new feel. I think that is plenty to start with, so good luck! 

What Sam said.  Your right wrist / hands dominate the downswing and prevent your left wrist from hinging.  

Positives...your swing plane is super super good man.  This should be a very easy fix on a path to some much better ball striking.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

... This is a pretty good video that should help illustrate what I posted:

1 hour ago, chisag said:

Thanks for this. Wrist set is something I struggle with and can adapt the feel for that early wrist set. 

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

Trying to understand my heel strike slice. Rent out and just videoed three swings: baseline, during some NTC cast A practice after a couple emphasis, post is after about ten NTC cast A. I think my heel strike is coming from being to outside in so really trying to work on that. As well I am going to try and incorporate a slightly closed stance.  I don’t post my swing a lot anymore since it gets me overthinking things. Sorry for no ball and slightly different viewpoints. 

My Reviews:

1 hour ago, rbsiedsc said:

Trying to understand my heel strike slice. Rent out and just videoed three swings: baseline, during some NTC cast A practice after a couple emphasis, post is after about ten NTC cast A. I think my heel strike is coming from being to outside in so really trying to work on that. As well I am going to try and incorporate a slightly closed stance.  I don’t post my swing a lot anymore since it gets me overthinking things. Sorry for no ball and slightly different viewpoints. 

Several screen captures from each of the 3 videos and you will see that you have the same issue in all of them. You have no wrist set which when you do NTC is the first thing that happens on the no turn part.

You hips turn flat and you left arm separates from chest, not as much in the after ntc video. In that move you shouldn’t have any separation. All of this causes you to log the arms and you have no hip depth. So even though you squat you create no room for your arms. At the top of your swing your right arm in all 3 is bent past 90*.  At the start of the downswing your just spinning the hips and because there was no hip depth your right hip comes out rather than your left hip cling back. 

Also in the transition especially in the after no cast video your left arm stays pinned to the chest and doesn’t separate to start and there’s no cast A movement before your chest starts to rotate.

2FC0E8EA-2E94-4D2B-ACD6-78DEB02DCD6C.jpeg

BBEC35C7-F635-4AC8-B29A-10D14F88A939.jpeg

40E7E86E-4376-464F-A821-DE6D73B71ADF.jpeg

78F7F3C1-F3EA-4F2A-B326-E53CEABBF841.jpeg

19E8BBF9-2060-40F9-9497-138971608211.jpeg

C8A4A9D3-083F-4138-A3CA-E9B2495015FB.jpeg

2738DEF6-3EBC-494B-830B-7D03268DFA73.jpeg

8BD0B897-8F08-46CB-A366-E58D9F1931FE.jpeg

10441B80-E5A2-45CC-BCF6-97F922E67007.jpeg

F9004A7F-CCC5-4364-BB48-C4853CBBFDC7.jpeg

ABB5DBA9-DF6E-4F5D-87E7-F8B7BE51B859.jpeg

A91C4D55-4C5A-41D5-B8CC-F2FD36864EA9.jpeg

D657634F-FFF8-4393-A176-7882E96880FD.jpeg

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 2 weeks later...

:callaway-small: Rogue LS 9° Driver, X stiff KuroKage
:ping-small: G410 17° & 19° hybrid, X stiff
:mizuno-small:  JPX-921 Tours 4 iron thru PW, Modus 105 X stiff
:mizuno-small:  S18 50°, 56° & 60°
 :bettinardi-1: Single Stock #3 34.5" putter

2019 MSG Forum Tester- Bridgestone e12

2021 Callaway Epic Max LS Driver Test

• 3 weeks later...

Okay for years I've religiously chosen not to record my swing, adjusting things based on feel and what the ball does.  I chose not to record it based on some earlier rabbit holes I went down when I first started playing.  In any case I played with my brother last week for the first time in a few years and he recorded a couple swings while we were playing.  I have to say, beyond my John Dalyesque physique I'm pretty happy with what I see.  There's obviously a few minor things I'd like to tweak but I'm curious if anyone sees anything that I could work on to help me get a little more consistent.  I shot a very easy no stress 85 with 5 three puts (uncharacteristic, but they were literally club championship pin placement) and me forgetting that I was at 2500 feet elevation not 5700(approach in was well short all day from poor club selection).

Driver

PW

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0811XT -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0211 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 56 Mid @55° -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

You have a false turn in the backswing. You look like you turn because your left hip comes forward with no right hip depth. The right hip should be moving back and behind your right heel. This will have the left hip come forward naturally.

Your arms then do all the work which leads you having a right arm that collapses beyond 90*.  Your downswing is all arms and very steep which then you bring them out in front to hit the ball. You seem to have good hand/eye coordination which helps you make decent contact. 

Learning how the shoulders and rib cage turn along with the hips. 

Along with this being better connected with arms and body. 

If you want to improve then find somebody to work with to help you get better

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Just so we're clear.  You're saying that getting my right hip back will help get a proper the turn which will help to not have my left arm collapse at the top which will also potentially help with the steepness of the swing?  

The arm collapse is one of the things I noticed I need to work on as is the steep ness of the swing.  Also, a good teacher is definitely in the near future.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0811XT -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

Hybrids

Irons 

Wedges

Putter

Ball

2 hours ago, Syks7 said:

Just so we're clear.  You're saying that getting my right hip back will help get a proper the turn which will help to not have my left arm collapse at the top which will also potentially help with the steepness of the swing?  

The arm collapse is one of the things I noticed I need to work on as is the steep ness of the swing.  Also, a good teacher is definitely in the near future.

The proper turn won’t guarantee that you don’t collapse your right arm. Getting the rest set properly and having a good grip will help prevent it. From the angle of the face on and distance it’s are too what your grip looks like. 

Somd good videos on the grip, takeaway, backswing and shortening the swing 

https://youtu.be/12_5Yr-eQ6U

https://youtu.be/eXlnbcfcO_A

https://youtu.be/I2y318cjLpM

https://youtu.be/Il9psAww86k

On 8/15/2021 at 12:20 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

The proper turn won’t guarantee that you don’t collapse your right arm. Getting the rest set properly and having a good grip will help prevent it. From the angle of the face on and distance it’s are too what your grip looks like. 

Somd good videos on the grip, takeaway, backswing and shortening the swing 

Solid advice.  Just back from a short range session and working some of this in made a noticeable difference.  Thanks

Driver

Woods

Hybrids

Irons 

Wedges

Putter

Ball

2 hours ago, Syks7 said:

Solid advice.  Just back from a short range session and working some of this in made a noticeable difference.  Thanks

Glad to hear that

Ok I finally got around to taking some swing vids. Mind you I'm 100% self-taught and it probably shows quite a bit. Most of my swing has been what I've picked up from YouTube-U and MGS. I'm currently working on some more rotation in the back swing as well as keeping my arms straight without hinging my wrists so dramatically.. so it's a work in progress. The driver video yielded about a 290 yd roll out and the iron shot was my PW° from about 138 yds. Pulled it a tad but still landed the green just left of the pin. 

I'll also add that I'm hoping to shed a good 20-30 lbs in the next 3-4 months and work on even more flexibility. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I'm embarking on something new: getting actual advice from an actually qualified person on my swing. I'll definitely be needing to update my "Single Digit Project" thread.

But for now, I thought I'd post a compilation of swing videos here, since I took them to upload for a coach. I'm wondering what you all see in this sequence:

My thoughts:

• I'd like to see the club outside my hands on the backswing and then shallow. It's not awful or unplayable, but my path is still inside on the backswing and out-to-in on the downswing. The path results in either a playable cut or (if the face closes) a nuclear pull. You can see this on the first two DTL swings: the first is a pull, the second a push-fade.
  • On the face on: I think it would be beneficial if my entire upper body and head didn't slide down the line into impact. On iron shots, it tends to be reasonably playable: it gives me a sharply downward AoA. But I suspect that that move is part of the explanation for my driver woes.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

21 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I'm embarking on something new: getting actual advice from an actually qualified person on my swing. I'll definitely be needing to update my "Single Digit Project" thread.

But for now, I thought I'd post a compilation of swing videos here, since I took them to upload for a coach. I'm wondering what you all see in this sequence:

My thoughts:

• I'd like to see the club outside my hands on the backswing and then shallow. It's not awful or unplayable, but my path is still inside on the backswing and out-to-in on the downswing. The path results in either a playable cut or (if the face closes) a nuclear pull. You can see this on the first two DTL swings: the first is a pull, the second a push-fade.
  • On the face on: I think it would be beneficial if my entire upper body and head didn't slide down the line into impact. On iron shots, it tends to be reasonably playable: it gives me a sharply downward AoA. But I suspect that that move is part of the explanation for my driver woes.

... LOTS to like about your swing! 👍  Honestly you touched on the major points I would make and a great place to start but you look really good and have no doubt single digits are a sooner rather than later goal. 

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... LOTS to like about your swing! 👍  Honestly you touched on the major points I would make and a great place to start but you look really good and have no doubt single digits are a sooner rather than later goal. 

Really appreciate the kind words. But the reality is, looking back at my preseason Arccos numbers vs right now, I've stalled. I've been stuck right around this 13 handicap number all year. And while there's room for improvement in my short game and putting, on a SG basis, they're not what's holding me back from being a single digit player.

In either case, even if I'm right in my diagnoses, I'm looking forward to having someone give me specific counsel on how to address these issues.

FWIW: I'm the kid who in high school had textbook free throw form but still couldn't make the shots. 🙂

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

53 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

If you're like me, the sliding tends to be the effect of the inside back swing. You know that you need to shallow on the downswing and not be "over the top," so you move forward and drop the hands. If my timing is good, it's good. Poor timing ends up with hooks or blocks with irons, and push slices with the driver.

(Disclaimer: I almost never do this, and I'm a mid-cap with no teaching experience.)

What happens if you feel a little more stretched out in the setup, with a little more knee bend? If you can get that club head coming just a touch more from the outside, you might snag a little more hip depth which can get you more space to let the arms/hands come back though.

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up

Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

26 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Really appreciate the kind words. But the reality is, looking back at my preseason Arccos numbers vs right now, I've stalled. I've been stuck right around this 13 handicap number all year. And while there's room for improvement in my short game and putting, on a SG basis, they're not what's holding me back from being a single digit player.

In either case, even if I'm right in my diagnoses, I'm looking forward to having someone give me specific counsel on how to address these issues.

FWIW: I'm the kid who in high school had textbook free throw form but still couldn't make the shots. 🙂

... Funny game for sure. I have seen less than ideal swings score well and beautiful swings score poorly. So much to this game other than a good swing. Good luck and stalled or not, I think you are gonna get there. One of my goals was to get to a + index and I stalled around a 1 for quite a few years before breaking through. You have taken a big step by getting professional help.  👍

• 5 weeks later...

Season's worth of work. As my season is winding down rapidly I'm happy with the progress I've made this year. (Big focus lately has been getting to my front side in the downswing. Might be overdoing it just a touch at this point, but when I don't exaggerate I fall into bad habits.)

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: