Post Your Swing

Smalls1588

2 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

What is your normal ball flight?

Medium to high and a fade

• Driver: Mizuno ST200 10.5 w/ Nippon Regio Formula MB+ 65X (backup is a Wishon 919 F/D mini driver w/ UST V2 Black 6F5)
  • Fairway Wood: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 18.5* w/ UST V2 Black 7F5
  • 4 Hybrid: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 23* w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped)
  • Irons: 5-PW Maltby TE Forged w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped)
  • Wedge: 52* and 58* Maltby TSW Forged w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped) and DG Wedge Flex
  • Putter: Tommy Armour Impact 3 CB
  • Bag: Shapland Stand Bag

10 minutes ago, morningteesheet said:

Medium to high and a fade

Not a whole lot to change. It is tough to see clubhead throughout the swing but overall it is a very solid move. 

• Like 1

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

2 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Not a whole lot to change. It is tough to see clubhead throughout the swing but overall it is a very solid move. 

I tend to really lose it right or hit a weak cut and I think it's just when I get out of sequence and spin open too fast. Speed isn't my issue, it's keeping things in check and maintaining the right tempo.

• Like 1
  • Driver: Mizuno ST200 10.5 w/ Nippon Regio Formula MB+ 65X (backup is a Wishon 919 F/D mini driver w/ UST V2 Black 6F5)
  • Fairway Wood: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 18.5* w/ UST V2 Black 7F5
  • 4 Hybrid: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 23* w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped)
  • Irons: 5-PW Maltby TE Forged w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped)
  • Wedge: 52* and 58* Maltby TSW Forged w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped) and DG Wedge Flex
  • Putter: Tommy Armour Impact 3 CB
  • Bag: Shapland Stand Bag

3 minutes ago, morningteesheet said:

I tend to really lose it right or hit a weak cut and I think it's just when I get out of sequence and spin open too fast. Speed isn't my issue, it's keeping things in check and maintaining the right tempo.

Reason I asked about ball flight was your body movements look like an inside out path however you "hold" the clubface open. Do you hit a true fade or more of a push fade? My definition of true fade is ball starts left of line and moves back towards it. If I hit a fade I start it right of line and it goes right, push fade. But I am very inside out path wise. Your path does finish well left, which has been my goal. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, morningteesheet said:

I’ll take anyone’s feedback! I’m working on keeping things compact and simple. This is an 8 iron. 

... As always I am a little reluctant to give advice off a video but since you axed. 🤪  Your practice swing is programming you to come underneath from the inside and hit up on the ball. You have a really nice swing and probably overcome that tendency most of the time with good hand eye contact but when you miss it will probably be a push right. I’d love to see your practice swing come in more descending with hands ahead like you are driving the ball into the ground and shoulders more square to the ball with the feeling that you are staying down and through the ball or covering the ball with your chest. When that starts to become part of your actual swing you will lose the fade and have a more penetrating trajectory. This really should not change your plane or tempo which are both excellent, just more of a mental change from hitting up to hitting down or straight through the ball and with your ability the physical change will follow. 

• Like 7

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 TaylorMade MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

11 minutes ago, chisag said:

... As always I am a little reluctant to give advice off a video but since you axed. 🤪  Your practice swing is programming you to come underneath from the inside and hit up on the ball. You have a really nice swing and probably overcome that tendency most of the time with good hand eye contact but when you miss it will probably be a push right. I’d love to see your practice swing come in more descending with hands ahead like you are driving the ball into the ground and shoulders more square to the ball with the feeling that you are staying down and through the ball or covering the ball with your chest. When that starts to become part of your actual swing you will lose the fade and have a more penetrating trajectory. This really should not change your plane or tempo which are both excellent, just more of a mental change from hitting up to hitting down or straight through the ball and with your ability the physical change will follow. 

He always says it way better than I can.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Wedge work  

• Like 3
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

Early extension has been an issue lately as can be seen here. Such a hard hard characteristic to get away from. Led to basically a slice here but in reality 5 yards left of the green isn’t the worse. I will crack the early extension one day. 

the sound is enjoyable however. 

• Like 1

"C'mon be good"

Working on a few things at the range today. I'm realizing a lot of my issues still boil down to letting my forearms roll the club back inside. Focusing on letting my hands work back and not around, keeping the club head outside of hands at parallel.

Another thing I'm working on from an old lesson is feeling like I pick the club up a little more, getting a little more wrist set earlier in the swing. Else I pull myself off the ball and get stuck on my backside.

This is a good swing where I did both well!

• Like 6

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.1 / Anti-Cap: 14.3 (Last Updated Oct. 9, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F5
5-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 Pro, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Working on a few things at the range today. I'm realizing a lot of my issues still boil down to letting my forearms roll the club back inside. Focusing on letting my hands work back and not around, keeping the club head outside of hands at parallel.

Another thing I'm working on from an old lesson is feeling like I pick the club up a little more, getting a little more wrist set earlier in the swing. Else I pull myself off the ball and get stuck on my backside.

Looks like really good tempo as well...nice swing.

• Like 2
  • In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

1 hour ago, edingc said:

You know it's a good swing when you generate lots of club head speed but look like you aren't really trying!

What shot tracing program are you using for the video? I'd like to get something similar for the Cobra Connect Challenge.

• Like 2

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
4 Hybrid - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Mitsubishi MMT 80 S

Irons - :cobra-small:Radspeed 5-GW, KBS $-Taper Lite S
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

2 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

Looks like really good tempo as well...nice swing.

1 hour ago, gavinski91 said:

You know it's a good swing when you generate lots of club head speed but look like you aren't really trying!

What shot tracing program are you using for the video? I'd like to get something similar for the Cobra Connect Challenge.

Thanks! Tempo is something that is always on my mind, not wanting to rush my downswing. Sometimes I get quick and hit some nasty looking shots.

@gavinski91 The app I'm using here is ShotTracerPro on Mac OS. They make an iPhone and Android version as well, though I never had a lot of luck with the Android version. The app implies that it costs money (if you read the website), but I downloaded it for free and it seems to be fully featured. It does a decent job, too!

• Like 3

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.1 / Anti-Cap: 14.3 (Last Updated Oct. 9, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F5
5-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 Pro, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

• 1 month later...

Here is one of me "better" 7 iron swings.  My distance is more around an average of 140, but I caught this one well.  Always interested in any thoughts or comments on my swing.  I am trying to figure out how to increase my swing speed and improve my ball striking to get to at least a 155 average on the 7 iron (and the standard gapping from there with the rest of my clubs).  

• Like 3
  • PXG 0811X Proto Driver
  • Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist 2021 T200 5-GW
  • Nike V-Forged 52 & 56
  • Mizuno M Craft II White Satin Putter
  • Titleist -Pro V1x (Left Dash)

1 hour ago, Tiftaaft said:

Here is one of me "better" 7 iron swings.  My distance is more around an average of 140, but I caught this one well.  Always interested in any thoughts or comments on my swing.  I am trying to figure out how to increase my swing speed and improve my ball striking to get to at least a 155 average on the 7 iron (and the standard gapping from there with the rest of my clubs).  

... There is a lot of chicken or egg elements in any golf swing so I don't like talking club or body positions because there can be a myriad of reasons why, other than the obvious. An instructor in person/hands on can really help you better than a video critique. That said, I can give you 2 things to look at. Like most Ams, you are taking the club back too far to the inside which will almost always produce an over the top downswing. When your hands are waist high the club is well inside them and your right elbow is rising instead of folding. About 8 seconds in when your hands are just below waist high in the downswing, you are releasing the angle. Ideally you would like your right elbow pointing down and even with the front of your hip not behind it, which allows you to turn your hips through at impact. Your hips are still square instead of open at impact because your right arm is holding them back. 

... That is a LOT of info so the main things to concentrate on is getting the club on plane instead of inside on the back swing and getting your right elbow in front of your right hip on the downswing. One drill to help you feel this is stand with your feet together/knees locked so they don't bend and hit full shots with your 7 iron. This can give you a feel for cocking the club on plane going back and getting the right elbow in front on the downswing. Your hips should naturally open through impact even though your legs are locked. If you are successful doing this drill, you can start moving your feet apart about 6" at a time until you get to your normal address position. That will usually take anywhere from 5-10 different sessions (or more) under the watchful eyes of an instructor so be patient and don't rush it. 

• Like 5

Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

1 hour ago, chisag said:

That said, I can give you 2 things to look at.

Thank you so much chisag! Great comments, and of course it is always easier to see the issues once they are pointed out!  Awesome critique and suggested drills.  I will definitely be heading to an instructor soon, and while it is the hardest thing ever to be patient, I know that it will pay off if I am.  

Speaking of my inside swing, I did recognize (thanks to the slo mo video) that I have a first move at the top of the back swing that starts me over the top... makes complete sense that the inside path start is contributing to that.  And I have always struggled with casting before impact... so spot on there.  The big question is what to do about it... and thank you again for giving me a few things to work on, and of course another urging to see an instructor.  

~Tim

• Like 3
  • PXG 0811X Proto Driver
  • Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist 2021 T200 5-GW
  • Nike V-Forged 52 & 56
  • Mizuno M Craft II White Satin Putter
  • Titleist -Pro V1x (Left Dash)

Help me stop shanking partial wedges. Do I need to get my shoulders and weight back towards my heels at setup? Did some planemate work right before this and it didn’t seem to help. 

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler 2H/4H and sometimes 5H

:ping-small: G700 4i, G410 6-UW, Glide 2.0 54, 60*

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

3 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

Help me stop shanking partial wedges. Do I need to get my shoulders and weight back towards my heels at setup? Did some planemate work right before this and it didn’t seem to help. 

Do the Adam young nail drill. Pretend there is a nail inside of the ball and try to hit that. Should give you more of a toe strike. Otherwise I would stand 1/2” farther back. You seem scrunched. 

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S (Testing Ventus Velocore Blue 6s 45")

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (Testing Ventus Velocore Blue 8s Hyb)

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (Winter ball :titelist-small: proV1 )

13 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Do the Adam young nail drill. Pretend there is a nail inside of the ball and try to hit that. Should give you more of a toe strike. Otherwise I would stand 1/2” farther back. You seem scrunched. 

I do Adam’s 3d aimpoint technique. I’m aiming at the inside edge of the ball here. Need a more drastic fix or more specifically- a new feel 

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler 2H/4H and sometimes 5H

:ping-small: G700 4i, G410 6-UW, Glide 2.0 54, 60*

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

1 minute ago, BMart519 said:

I do Adam’s 3d aimpoint technique. I’m aiming at the inside edge of the ball here. Need a more drastic fix or more specifically- a new feel 

I really think that you are then too close and your body is worried about getting stuck. 

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S (Testing Ventus Velocore Blue 6s 45")

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (Testing Ventus Velocore Blue 8s Hyb)

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (Winter ball :titelist-small: proV1 )

13 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

... One of the most consistent flaws I saw when teaching was players taking the club back to the inside instead of on plane. Stop your video when the shaft is parallel to the ground on the backswing at 5 sec. and you can see the club head is well behind your hands. Should be in front of your hands or at least even with them. You are dragging the club back with your body instead of hinging your wrists. At the same point on your downswing the shaft has already been released and you are again dragging it through impact which causes a myriad of problems including hitting the hosel. 

... Start by making little chips and progressing to pitches focusing on hinging your wrists immediately and keeping the club head in front of your hands. Do not swing past waist high with your hands. The big difference is instead of the shaft being parallel when your hands are waist high, it should be vertical. Once you start getting the feel you can begin increasing the length of your backswing but just a little bit at a time. You are training yourself to do something almost 100% different than what you are doing now so it should feel VERY different. Take your time and don't rush lengthening your backswing. You can easily hit waist high pitches for a week engraining the new feel. I think that is plenty to start with, so good luck! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1