Smalls1588

Post Your Swing

Always a little afraid when someone says "I took a video of that swing". Afraid of what I might see. This is 3 wood off the deck, taken in AL in OCT this year. Didn't think it was too horrible. I hit a really nice shot, at least!

File Dec 04, 8 46 55 AM.mov

• Like 3

Gauss nailed it. Lately my miss has been pull hooks hitting the ball off the heel. A "good" shot is usually a block.

Any ideas for drills to help with coming over the top?

I also wonder a little bit if a different head/shaft combination would help me out. Would like to fix swing issues first though.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Swing into a mirror if you can. Slow and deliberate and work on flattening it out a bit. I struggle with getting long in the backswing and over the top. The mirror generally sorts it out for me.

• Like 3

Swing into a mirror if you can. Slow and deliberate and work on flattening it out a bit. I struggle with getting long in the backswing and over the top. The mirror generally sorts it out for me.

So I've been working on that this winter in my basement. Between going super slow and posing at different positions throughout, I think I've got that loop at the top shrinking. Gonna take some more footage when it warms up to compare.

Unfortunately my mirrors are very narrow so I can't see a ton of my swing in them. May have to figure something out for that.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Here's a little after and before action. The winter shot is the after and summer is before. I purposefully let the timing unsync on the videos so they could be watched side by side easier.

Iron

Driver

Not a ton of differences but I'm starting to get that loop at the top under control. Little bit more work to do on that but I can see I'm already limiting the over-the-top move that it promoted. Biggest difference is I'm actually horizontal at the top vs going way past. I guess I hadn't noticed it before, but I actually used to have a bit of casting at the top as well.

• Like 8

Here's a little after and before action. The winter shot is the after and summer is before. I purposefully let the timing unsync on the videos so they could be watched side by side easier.

Iron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E7wUl4Lh_k&feature=youtu.be

Driver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99tXQOlFQK8&feature=youtu.be

Not a ton of differences but I'm starting to get that loop at the top under control. Little bit more work to do on that but I can see I'm already limiting the over-the-top move that it promoted. Biggest difference is I'm actually horizontal at the top vs going way past. I guess I hadn't noticed it before, but I actually used to have a bit of casting at the top as well.

Looks like you're on the right track. Keep at it!
  • Like 3

Wanted to give this thread a bump, as well as post an update.

Went out and worked on my swing today. Saw a drill before I went out that consisted of placing one ball directly behind your ball and moving it out of the way on your back swing, it's supposed to help you from being so handsy. I'm not sure if my hands were too active previously, but I know I had a problem with a fast takeaway and I think this helped with that a lot. Made me slow it down. I was hitting everything so well, so I'd say it worked for me. It was either that or the Red Hot Chili Peppers playing through my headphones.

PS... I don't know how people set the camera up perfectly behind them and down the line. It's always crooked for me.

Anyway, here's my work in progress.

https://youtu.be/U1qBMSCTxhs

• Like 3

This is from last fall near season end. I've always felt most comfortable with driver in my hands. I play a 44.5” and have recently been considering moving to 45”. I am more than open to constructive feedback.

https://youtu.be/1jqhqllh5c8

• Like 3

Wanted to give this thread a bump, as well as post an update.

Went out and worked on my swing today. Saw a drill before I went out that consisted of placing one ball directly behind your ball and moving it out of the way on your back swing, it's supposed to help you from being so handsy. I'm not sure if my hands were too active previously, but I know I had a problem with a fast takeaway and I think this helped with that a lot. Made me slow it down. I was hitting everything so well, so I'd say it worked for me. It was either that or the Red Hot Chili Peppers playing through my headphones.

PS... I don't know how people set the camera up perfectly behind them and down the line. It's always crooked for me.

Anyway, here's my work in progress.

https://youtu.be/U1qBMSCTxhs

Also a great drill for your short swings and putting. Looks good!!

• Like 1

This is from last fall near season end. I've always felt most comfortable with driver in my hands. I play a 44.5” and have recently been considering moving to 45”. I am more than open to constructive feedback.

https://youtu.be/1jqhqllh5c8

Thats a spicy swing! Stripe show!

• Like 2

You young guys that can make those full turns piss me off

• Like 6

You young guys that can make those full turns piss me off

Full turn. Full upright is a problem some days

• Like 6
  • Love 1

A buddy got this new shot tracer app and decided to try it out on me.

Edit: can't get the video to load. What do I need to do?

Blake

Post to YouTube then embed it here. If you're still having issues, just shoot me a PM and we can talk it through.

Post to YouTube then embed it here. If you're still having issues, just shoot me a PM and we can talk it through.

Finally got it 🤦‍♂️. Thanks STUDque. Figured fellow spies needed to see who was going to test the rangefinder.

Blake

I've been slammed with work projects so practice has been limited to short sessions in my living room the past month. But yesterday was a rare free evening so I decided it was high time to get back on the turf. It's been over 18 months since I banged up my shoulder and last night was the first time since then I've been able to produce a really stable impact position. For me: stability = tempo = easy power. I still have a couple moves to tighten up but this is your first post-accident example of a basically injury free downlowkey. As someone who grew up playing in the Texas wind, I cannot tell you how nice it feels to finally have some command of trajectory again.

Flighted 9 iron: https://youtu.be/tHBCtU-muRo

Going draw with the “OG” 400 LST: https://youtu.be/tLe0YJtRSmU

Now if I could only find more time in the day...

• Like 1