TESTERS WANTED! ×

What are you listening to?

sixcat

I am currently in my office with this cranking in the background.  I have been excited all week for it to be released today.  It got me thinking, what music gets others on the board excited?

Share your musical tastes.  It may turn someone on to something new!

Cover-for-Website-608x608.jpg

I'm working on my back porch listening to the wind, the birds and the faint sound of traffic around front. It's absolutely heavenly.

When I'm at work I will listen to music specific to my vocation and the task at hand. Church music is 2000 years old so there's lots of styles to choose from and I like most of them.

For fun I'm exceedingly eclectic, I was a music major.

Nice topic

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Been hooked on The XX album. Into the alternative rock lately

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Generally don't listen to an album; those days are long gone since we generally buy only the songs we like.

Since I am at work I just put my phone on shuffle so it could be from any genre but will probably be from the 80s.

Coming up: Bodeans, Motley Crue, Joan Jett, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, The Police, and REM

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I like listening to everything. When I put my iPod on shuffle at the gym there's some pretty drastic changes from one song to another. The next artist could be George Strait, Ice Cube, the Sex Pistols, or the Stones.

Later added: going to and from site with the super, it's only 70s music. Because everything else is either "Hippy or head banger music". In my personal car at home I listen to TSN radio (Canadian ESPN)

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

This is what my Pandora station looks like. It's all over the place.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

... Before becoming an actor I was a DJ at 17 different stations making my way from my college station in NC, to GA to Philly and finally Chicago. Starting in college in '71 and ending at WCKG in '83. For me music has never been as good as it was in the 70's. A combination of amazing instrument discovery and new levels of guitar work along with many other instruments, lyrics that wanted to make the world a better place and a positive vibe and feel. I have made 15 of my own compilation CD's I Iisten to in the car along with many individual CD's. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Been humming "the boxer" by Simon and Garfunkle for two days now. Does that count?

When I run it's usually Van Halen, Motley Crue, Def Leppard and AC/DC

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Been humming "the boxer" by Simon and Garfunkle for two days now. Does that count?

... Some of my favorite lyrics. 

When I left my home and my family

I was no more than a boy

In the company of strangers

In the quiet of the railway station

Running scared

Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters

Where the ragged people go

Looking for the places only they would know

pretty much all 80's all the time for me.....but I really only listen when i'm in the car

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

The radio in my truck hasn't worked for ever. Just got a new car, new radio. I'm an acoustic blues type of guy. And anything that makes me feel like Jimmy Buffet. I really like Sea Sick Steve.

This thread "Rocks!"

Wow... I didn't know anyone but me even knew who Seasick Steve is.

Lots of Bob Marley at the moment. Lunch on the rooftop restaurant in the Bahamas so it is fitting. Will have some country playing when I get back to the house in a few hours.

WITB 2024

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* SHAFT TBD...

:taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

:callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

:callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

:callaway-logo-1: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Being a 70's child, I'm a big fan of that era of music. Zeppelin is and always will be my favorite band ever. Having said that, I never listen to them because I've heard them for 40+ years.... same with the rest of the 70's stuff.

I'm a metal head at heart, always will be, but my tastes have grown by leaps and bounds over the years. My taste in music is very eclectic these days.... as mentioned, Sea Sick Steve (John Paul Jones plays bass for him when he plays live), Lincoln Durham, Brother Dege, Steel Drivers, etc..... form that genre, what ever it is...lol. 

I'm a huge Blues fan! I love great guitar players.... Joe Bonamassa, Eric Sardinas, Rory Gallagher, John Campbell, Stevie Ray Vaughn (RIP all of them), Buddy Guy, Tab Benoit........... so many!

I like Celtic music quite a bit.... Loreena Mckennitt is a favorite. I like stuff that isn't in the main streem.... I've never followed what's popular... with anything...lol.

Don't know how many of you guys might be in to this sort of thing, but my son Sam's band is releasing its first CD today.  The band is called Sammy Strings (that's my boy!) and the Can of Bliss.  Check out the free samples here...

sscob.bandcamp.com

And if you like it, but an album download or a CD. Or 10....I need to get that kid off my auto insurance!!!!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Don't know how many of you guys might be in to this sort of thing, but my son Sam's band is releasing its first CD today. The band is called Sammy Strings (that's my boy!) and the Can of Bliss. Check out the free samples here...

sscob.bandcamp.com

And if you like it, but an album download or a CD. Or 10....I need to get that kid off my auto insurance!!!!!

Wow, that is really good! Right up my alley on the style too! When I get a chance I'll be buying that!

Don't know how many of you guys might be in to this sort of thing, but my son Sam's band is releasing its first CD today.  The band is called Sammy Strings (that's my boy!) and the Can of Bliss.  Check out the free samples here...

sscob.bandcamp.com

CD's right now - won't have the full album ready for download until later tonite...

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Is the whole album similarly sounding?

Similar - he's got a few styles.

IMG_3014.JPG

IMG_3015.JPG

IMG_3019.JPG

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Being a 70's child, I'm a big fan of that era of music. Zeppelin is and always will be my favorite band ever. Having said that, I never listen to them because I've heard them for 40+ years.... same with the rest of the 70's stuff.

I'm a metal head at heart, always will be, but my tastes have grown by leaps and bounds over the years. My taste in music is very eclectic these days.... as mentioned, Sea Sick Steve (John Paul Jones plays bass for him when he plays live), Lincoln Durham, Brother Dege, Steel Drivers, etc..... form that genre, what ever it is...lol.

I'm a huge Blues fan! I love great guitar players.... Joe Bonamassa, Eric Sardinas, Rory Gallagher, John Campbell, Stevie Ray Vaughn (RIP all of them), Buddy Guy, Tab Benoit........... so many!

I like Celtic music quite a bit.... Loreena Mckennitt is a favorite. I like stuff that isn't in the main streem.... I've never followed what's popular... with anything...lol.

I know seasick Steve, but didn't think anyone here was a fan of the late, great Irish blues-rocker Rory Gallagher. What a force of nature he was.

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Been listening to Elmore James all day today. Picked up these two gems on National Record Store Day

30F34E77-25D0-42BE-A7E6-EDE86918CF5C.JPG

Sent from my Nexus 5X using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Listened to the 60's on 6 on my Sirius/xm......

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

... If you haven't heard Luther Dickenson, you should check him out. North Mississippi All Stars. I have seen Joe Bonamassa and Luther live more than a few times and they both just blow me away. 

Way to much Sports Talk. I think by doing so I'm becoming as irrational as some of the callers.

As for actual music.

Just about any country. LOVE LOVE the new Chris Stapleton song.

And Did when I was in Orlando for for the PGA Show my rental was already tuned to the 60's on 6. It stayed there all week!!!

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

... If you haven't heard Luther Dickenson, you should check him out. North Mississippi All Stars. I have seen Joe Bonamassa and Luther live more than a few times and they both just blow me away. 

I'll have to check him out. Thanks for the tip!

If you like Bonamassa, you should check out his collaborations with Beth Hart.... if you haven'r already. She is another favorite artist that I listen to quite a bit. What a set of pipes!