TESTERS WANTED! ×

What are you listening to?

sixcat

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

giphy.gif

I'm not sure what you don't understand?

Bands that stay around a long time tend to change there style. They lose their original fan base.... the fan base that made them... the fan base that got them to fame and a lucrative recording contract. That said, I would also sell out to more main stream, radio friendly music/style for killer money. The two bands I gave examples of did exactly that.

I'm not talking about bands that struggle for years. Aerosmith comes to mind. They found a new fan base as they slowly changed. Rush did the same thing. Neither band is doing what made them big in the first place.... they are still great bands, but their original fan bases don't care for the new direction.
I guarantee I'd sell out for the money too!
I'm a big Rush fan so obviously biased. But I offer that Rush's style constantly evolved because they were always growing and changing as musicians. They said many times they could have made another Moving Pictures, but why? They had already done that and wanted to explore the next idea. I didn't love all of their early concept work, and I didn't necessarily love the synth phase, but looking back I appreciate that they were always willing to pursue what they were interested in. That's the opposite of selling out imo

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

27 minutes ago, gaussman1 said:

I'm a big Rush fan so obviously biased. But I offer that Rush's style constantly evolved because they were always growing and changing as musicians. They said many times they could have made another Moving Pictures, but why? They had already done that and wanted to explore the next idea. I didn't love all of their early concept work, and I didn't necessarily love the synth phase, but looking back I appreciate that they were always willing to pursue what they were interested in. That's the opposite of selling out imo

I agree. I'm a huge Rush fan. They evolved and really just kept getting better as musicians, but They lost me after 2112. Moving Pictures was the beginning of the end for me as a Rush fan. Rush is kind of an anomaly to me. I'll give a better example of a band that "sold out".

I'm not a Punk fan at all, but.... Green Day is an example of a band that went total mainstream and abandoned their fans for fortune and fame. It worked for them, but it sucks for their original fans. Maybe selling out is the wrong term, but I guarantee that that his how the fans see it.

In a way, I'm very happy Zeppelin didn't continue, because In Through the Out Door was a huge pile of s***. To put that out after Presence was just unbelievable to their long time, loyal fans. They were heading down the road to "selling out" for lack of a better term. Many bands do it.... and it always disappoints their long time fan bases.

Edited by silver & black

BTW, I am also a Rush fan.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I agree. I'm a huge Rush fan. They evolved and really just kept getting better as musicians, but They lost me after 2112. Moving Pictures was the beginning of the end for me as a Rush fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I've been kicking around Mudvayne's LD 50 album the past few days.  Had honestly forgotten how great that album was top to bottom.  I agree on some of the others re: selling out.  Most bands I caught on to early in their careers, I evolved with them in a lot of ways, but I do miss the music that made me like them in the first place.  There are others though that I like better as they've grown and matured in their writing, A7X being one of them.  But when it comes to making money and supporting a family, it would be awful hard not to do the same.  

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favorite metal musicians covering a song from my favorite musical of all time? YES PLEASE.

Little bit of I Prevail right now. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

• 2 weeks later...

90’s country on the deck. My neighbors hate me and I don’t care.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I found this band via Spotify maybe a month or so ago and I am SO HOOKED. They haven't released an album in a number of years and don't appear to have played any gigs since 2017 which is a shame.

Ran across a couple of "oldies" that I can't seem to get out of my head...

I remember going to the roller rink in the 70's and this always seemed to be on loop.

Another classic one, but this time from the 80's...

Vocals are impressive as it the guitar...

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

On 10/2/2018 at 8:11 PM, Har in the Hat said:

part of my electic tastes

... While I listen to quite a bit of different music, my staple is the 70's. Not only was it a great era for musical exploration taking advantage of varied and unusual instruments but the lyrics were as important as the music. I have little interest in vapid lyrics or the current self centered lyrics. As bad a rap some give the Eagles because of their most popular very pedestrian hits, songs like Hotel California, Last Resort and Desperado are as poignant and relevant today as they were when recorded. I worked as a DJ making my way from a small town in NC all the way to Chicago and the music of that era has a special place in my soul. The day Hotel California was released is only equaled by the first time I heard Sgt Peppers. 

... I also spent 2 years working 2pm-6pm afternoon drive for a country station in Chicago because our station changed formats, and absolutely hated every minute of it and could not have been happier when WCKG, a new rock station hired me to do mid days. So while I do not care for Country, Rap or 80's music or any pop since the late 70's I have always felt like the more music you can embrace the better. So I applaud your eclecticity! My son listened to all my music growing up and thinks the Beatles were transcendent, loves 70's music but also likes the 80's, Rap and just about anything else. He balks at current pop, what tries to pass for R&B and hates country but I think his eclectic taste enriches his life musically. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

• 5 weeks later...

... Love Joe Bonamassa. I have seen him 4 times in concert and he is unreal. Only bad concert was in Indianapolis and those yahoos kept screaming and whooping all thru his performance. Never saw so many people getting up and down for alcohol runs in the middle of tunes. He was playing an acoustic solo and asked the audience to be quiet and of course they cheered that. This is my video collection:

aJB.jpg.05c26ae9930cf009af4772474ea04409.jpg

The new 311 album is really good. Haven't been into them over their last few albums, but this one is a jam from start to finish.

• 2 weeks later...

... Wow, how have I never heard of this guy? I just ordered his Turquoise Trail Soundtrack for a Western. Thanks!!! 

Edited by chisag