Forum Structure Change: Equipment, University, and *Community* Read more... ×
Win a Custom Wedge Wizard Wedge: MGS Trick Shot Challenge Read more... ×
sixcat

What are you listening to?

Being a 70's child, I'm a big fan of that era of music. Zeppelin is and always will be my favorite band ever. Having said that, I never listen to them because I've heard them for 40+ years.... same with the rest of the 70's stuff.

I'm a metal head at heart, always will be, but my tastes have grown by leaps and bounds over the years. My taste in music is very eclectic these days.... as mentioned, Sea Sick Steve (John Paul Jones plays bass for him when he plays live), Lincoln Durham, Brother Dege, Steel Drivers, etc..... form that genre, what ever it is...lol.

I'm a huge Blues fan! I love great guitar players.... Joe Bonamassa, Eric Sardinas, Rory Gallagher, John Campbell, Stevie Ray Vaughn (RIP all of them), Buddy Guy, Tab Benoit........... so many!

I like Celtic music quite a bit.... Loreena Mckennitt is a favorite. I like stuff that isn't in the main streem.... I've never followed what's popular... with anything...lol.

I know seasick Steve, but didn't think anyone here was a fan of the late, great Irish blues-rocker Rory Gallagher. What a force of nature he was.

• Like 1

I'm a huge Blues fan! I love great guitar players.... Joe Bonamassa, Eric Sardinas, Rory Gallagher, John Campbell, Stevie Ray Vaughn (RIP all of them), Buddy Guy, Tab Benoit........... so many!

... If you haven't heard Luther Dickenson, you should check him out. North Mississippi All Stars. I have seen Joe Bonamassa and Luther live more than a few times and they both just blow me away. 

• Like 2

I like classical too, but I have to be in the mood for it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Way to much Sports Talk. I think by doing so I'm becoming as irrational as some of the callers.

As for actual music.

Just about any country. LOVE LOVE the new Chris Stapleton song.

And Did when I was in Orlando for for the PGA Show my rental was already tuned to the 60's on 6. It stayed there all week!!!

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

... If you haven't heard Luther Dickenson, you should check him out. North Mississippi All Stars. I have seen Joe Bonamassa and Luther live more than a few times and they both just blow me away. 

I'll have to check him out. Thanks for the tip!

If you like Bonamassa, you should check out his collaborations with Beth Hart.... if you haven'r already. She is another favorite artist that I listen to quite a bit. What a set of pipes!

• Like 2

I know seasick Steve, but didn't think anyone here was a fan of the late, great Irish blues-rocker Rory Gallagher. What a force of nature he was.

Rory could flat out play! Such a humble guy. I followed him when he was with Taste, and through his solo career. We lost him way too soon.

• Like 1

I've seen so many great guitarists live, Robin Trower, Johnny Winter, Pete Townsend etc, but my biggest regret of my concert going career is never seeing Rory live. I have all of his concert dvds and watch them quite regularly.

You're right. A really humble guy. Seems like a great guy to hang out and enjoy a Guinness with.

• Like 1

I'll have to check him out. Thanks for the tip!

If you like Bonamassa, you should check out his collaborations with Beth Hart.... if you haven'r already. She is another favorite artist that I listen to quite a bit. What a set of pipes!

... I have the Blu Ray DVD from Amsterdam with Beth Hart, great stuff. I have 6 Blu Ray's and my favorite is An Acoustic Evening at the Vienna Opera House. Acoustic Joe is a real treat if you haven't heard it. The Royal Hall performance is 1/2 acoustic and 1/2 electric so it is the best of both worlds. We have seen him in Chicago 3 times and drove down to Indy to see him once. Always an amazing evening. 

... Lil Joe story. I was working on a TV show called Mind Games as a guest star and the Chicago transportation guys are notoriously gruff and not exactly actor friendly. Good hard working guys for sure, but just keep to themselves and other crew members and as a general rule don;t communicate with the actors. Big ole sausage eatin' driver was assigned to our group and after day 3 I heard him playing a CD. I leaned up from the crowded second row and asked is that Joe Bonamassa? (knowing it was) And he looked at me like he was seeing me for the first time a little surprised and said "You know Joe?". Said I just saw him in concert for the 4th time last month and all of a sudden I was one of the guys. Next day he saved a seat up front for me and had burned me a CD of a local blues guy. LOL. Music is a universal language. 

• Like 2

I've seen so many great guitarists live, Robin Trower, Johnny Winter, Pete Townsend etc, but my biggest regret of my concert going career is never seeing Rory live. I have all of his concert dvds and watch them quite regularly.

You're right. A really humble guy. Seems like a great guy to hang out and enjoy a Guinness with.

Robin Trower is one of my all time favorites, as was Johnny Winter. Another great player is Frank Marino who never got the acclaim he should have. He's still making records and he's still amazing.

Warren Haynes, Derek Trucks, Gary Clark Jr....... so many good players out there.

• Like 1

Right now I'm listening to screaming kids, roller coaster rides and parents complaining about how long the wait for food is (I'm at Six flag America right now instead of the golf course :()

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

Robin Trower is one of my all time favorites, as was Johnny Winter. Another great player is Frank Marino who never got the acclaim he should have. He's still making records and he's still amazing.

Warren Haynes, Derek Trucks, Gary Clark Jr....... so many good players out there.

Big Derek Trucks fan. I was at the Tedeschi Trucks shows in Oakland last September that they recorded for their new Live in Oakland record/DVD. Awesome band. Also saw Govt Mule at the same venue, The Fox Theater about two years ago. I love the Allman Brothers Band and those two groups are about as close as you'll get to a modern equivalent.

I just started getting into Frank Marino. I had Google Music on mix and a really cool song came on I hadn't heard before. I looked and it was Mahogany Rush. I had heard of them but never listened to them before. They seem like a cool band.

• Like 1

... I have the Blu Ray DVD from Amsterdam with Beth Hart, great stuff. I have 6 Blu Ray's and my favorite is An Acoustic Evening at the Vienna Opera House. Acoustic Joe is a real treat if you haven't heard it. The Royal Hall performance is 1/2 acoustic and 1/2 electric so it is the best of both worlds. We have seen him in Chicago 3 times and drove down to Indy to see him once. Always an amazing evening.

... Lil Joe story. I was working on a TV show called Mind Games as a guest star and the Chicago transportation guys are notoriously gruff and not exactly actor friendly. Good hard working guys for sure, but just keep to themselves and other crew members and as a general rule don;t communicate with the actors. Big ole sausage eatin' driver was assigned to our group and after day 3 I heard him playing a CD. I leaned up from the crowded second row and asked is that Joe Bonamassa? (knowing it was) And he looked at me like he was seeing me for the first time a little surprised and said "You know Joe?". Said I just saw him in concert for the 4th time last month and all of a sudden I was one of the guys. Next day he saved a seat up front for me and had burned me a CD of a local blues guy. LOL. Music is a universal language.

I like Joe's acoustic stuff even better than his electric playing. He is incredible at both!

• Like 2

I like listening to everything. When I put my iPod on shuffle at the gym there's some pretty drastic changes from one song to another. The next artist could be George Strait, Ice Cube, the Sex Pistols, or the Stones.

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

We must have pretty close to the same iPod list!!! My shuffle will bring you to the highest of highs and then make you want to cry 5 mins at a time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1