What are you listening to?

Our Sponsors

I am currently in my office with this cranking in the background.  I have been excited all week for it to be released today.  It got me thinking, what music gets others on the board excited?

Share your musical tastes.  It may turn someone on to something new!

Cover-for-Website-608x608.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

... I will be listening to Cheap Trick and ZZ Top tomorrow night at the Tinley Park Amphitheater. And I scored tickets for TOOL this morning playing the United Center in November.  

Don't know how many of you guys might be in to this sort of thing, but my son Sam's band is releasing its first CD today.  The band is called Sammy Strings (that's my boy!) and the Can of Bliss.  Chec

No matter what you might think personally about this guy.....................he was an extraordinay guitar player.    

Posted Images

I'm working on my back porch listening to the wind, the birds and the faint sound of traffic around front. It's absolutely heavenly.

When I'm at work I will listen to music specific to my vocation and the task at hand. Church music is 2000 years old so there's lots of styles to choose from and I like most of them.

For fun I'm exceedingly eclectic, I was a music major.

Nice topic

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Been hooked on The XX album. Into the alternative rock lately

Driver: Taylormade M6 10.5*

FW: Sub70 16* 4 wood

Irons:  Sub 70 

699 Pro - 3 Iron (4 iron bent to 20*)

639 CB 4 - 6

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges:

Titleist Vokey SM7 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Taylormade Spider
Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
Bag: Sub 70 Cart Bag
Handicap index:  +3.5

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

The radio in my truck hasn't worked for ever. Just got a new car, new radio. I'm an acoustic blues type of guy. And anything that makes me feel like Jimmy Buffet. I really like Sea Sick Steve.

This thread "Rocks!"

• Like 3

Generally don't listen to an album; those days are long gone since we generally buy only the songs we like.

Since I am at work I just put my phone on shuffle so it could be from any genre but will probably be from the 80s.

Coming up: Bodeans, Motley Crue, Joan Jett, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, The Police, and REM

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I like listening to everything. When I put my iPod on shuffle at the gym there's some pretty drastic changes from one song to another. The next artist could be George Strait, Ice Cube, the Sex Pistols, or the Stones.

Later added: going to and from site with the super, it's only 70s music. Because everything else is either "Hippy or head banger music". In my personal car at home I listen to TSN radio (Canadian ESPN)

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

This is what my Pandora station looks like. It's all over the place.

• Like 3

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

... Before becoming an actor I was a DJ at 17 different stations making my way from my college station in NC, to GA to Philly and finally Chicago. Starting in college in '71 and ending at WCKG in '83. For me music has never been as good as it was in the 70's. A combination of amazing instrument discovery and new levels of guitar work along with many other instruments, lyrics that wanted to make the world a better place and a positive vibe and feel. I have made 15 of my own compilation CD's I Iisten to in the car along with many individual CD's. 

• Like 5

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

Been humming "the boxer" by Simon and Garfunkle for two days now. Does that count?

When I run it's usually Van Halen, Motley Crue, Def Leppard and AC/DC

• Like 2

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Mizuno JPX EZ 3W, 14U

Cobra Fly-Z Hybrid 18.5

Titleist 816 H1 23

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Been humming "the boxer" by Simon and Garfunkle for two days now. Does that count?

... Some of my favorite lyrics. 

When I left my home and my family

I was no more than a boy

In the company of strangers

In the quiet of the railway station

Running scared

Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters

Where the ragged people go

Looking for the places only they would know

• Like 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

pretty much all 80's all the time for me.....but I really only listen when i'm in the car

• Like 1

Driver:   :honma: TR20 10.5*

Utility Iron: :cleveland-small: UHX 18*

Hybrid:   :callaway-small: Epic 4h 23* 

Irons:    :mizuno-small: JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER 2.2

Ball:   :bridgestone-small: Tour BXS

The radio in my truck hasn't worked for ever. Just got a new car, new radio. I'm an acoustic blues type of guy. And anything that makes me feel like Jimmy Buffet. I really like Sea Sick Steve.

This thread "Rocks!"

Wow... I didn't know anyone but me even knew who Seasick Steve is.

• Like 1

Lots of Bob Marley at the moment. Lunch on the rooftop restaurant in the Bahamas so it is fitting. Will have some country playing when I get back to the house in a few hours.

• Like 1

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Being a 70's child, I'm a big fan of that era of music. Zeppelin is and always will be my favorite band ever. Having said that, I never listen to them because I've heard them for 40+ years.... same with the rest of the 70's stuff.

I'm a metal head at heart, always will be, but my tastes have grown by leaps and bounds over the years. My taste in music is very eclectic these days.... as mentioned, Sea Sick Steve (John Paul Jones plays bass for him when he plays live), Lincoln Durham, Brother Dege, Steel Drivers, etc..... form that genre, what ever it is...lol. 

I'm a huge Blues fan! I love great guitar players.... Joe Bonamassa, Eric Sardinas, Rory Gallagher, John Campbell, Stevie Ray Vaughn (RIP all of them), Buddy Guy, Tab Benoit........... so many!

I like Celtic music quite a bit.... Loreena Mckennitt is a favorite. I like stuff that isn't in the main streem.... I've never followed what's popular... with anything...lol.

• Like 3

Don't know how many of you guys might be in to this sort of thing, but my son Sam's band is releasing its first CD today.  The band is called Sammy Strings (that's my boy!) and the Can of Bliss.  Check out the free samples here...

sscob.bandcamp.com

And if you like it, but an album download or a CD. Or 10....I need to get that kid off my auto insurance!!!!!

• Like 6

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Don't know how many of you guys might be in to this sort of thing, but my son Sam's band is releasing its first CD today. The band is called Sammy Strings (that's my boy!) and the Can of Bliss. Check out the free samples here...

sscob.bandcamp.com

And if you like it, but an album download or a CD. Or 10....I need to get that kid off my auto insurance!!!!!

Wow, that is really good! Right up my alley on the style too! When I get a chance I'll be buying that!

Don't know how many of you guys might be in to this sort of thing, but my son Sam's band is releasing its first CD today.  The band is called Sammy Strings (that's my boy!) and the Can of Bliss.  Check out the free samples here...

sscob.bandcamp.com

CD's right now - won't have the full album ready for download until later tonite...

• Like 1

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo