sixcat

What are you listening to?

Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

giphy.gif

I'm not sure what you don't understand?

Bands that stay around a long time tend to change there style. They lose their original fan base.... the fan base that made them... the fan base that got them to fame and a lucrative recording contract. That said, I would also sell out to more main stream, radio friendly music/style for killer money. The two bands I gave examples of did exactly that.

I'm not talking about bands that struggle for years. Aerosmith comes to mind. They found a new fan base as they slowly changed. Rush did the same thing. Neither band is doing what made them big in the first place.... they are still great bands, but their original fan bases don't care for the new direction.
I guarantee I'd sell out for the money too!
I'm a big Rush fan so obviously biased. But I offer that Rush's style constantly evolved because they were always growing and changing as musicians. They said many times they could have made another Moving Pictures, but why? They had already done that and wanted to explore the next idea. I didn't love all of their early concept work, and I didn't necessarily love the synth phase, but looking back I appreciate that they were always willing to pursue what they were interested in. That's the opposite of selling out imo

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

27 minutes ago, gaussman1 said:

I'm a big Rush fan so obviously biased. But I offer that Rush's style constantly evolved because they were always growing and changing as musicians. They said many times they could have made another Moving Pictures, but why? They had already done that and wanted to explore the next idea. I didn't love all of their early concept work, and I didn't necessarily love the synth phase, but looking back I appreciate that they were always willing to pursue what they were interested in. That's the opposite of selling out imo

I agree. I'm a huge Rush fan. They evolved and really just kept getting better as musicians, but They lost me after 2112. Moving Pictures was the beginning of the end for me as a Rush fan. Rush is kind of an anomaly to me. I'll give a better example of a band that "sold out".

I'm not a Punk fan at all, but.... Green Day is an example of a band that went total mainstream and abandoned their fans for fortune and fame. It worked for them, but it sucks for their original fans. Maybe selling out is the wrong term, but I guarantee that that his how the fans see it.

In a way, I'm very happy Zeppelin didn't continue, because In Through the Out Door was a huge pile of s***. To put that out after Presence was just unbelievable to their long time, loyal fans. They were heading down the road to "selling out" for lack of a better term. Many bands do it.... and it always disappoints their long time fan bases.

Edited by silver & black
  • Like 1

BTW, I am also a Rush fan.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I agree. I'm a huge Rush fan. They evolved and really just kept getting better as musicians, but They lost me after 2112. Moving Pictures was the beginning of the end for me as a Rush fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

I've been kicking around Mudvayne's LD 50 album the past few days.  Had honestly forgotten how great that album was top to bottom.  I agree on some of the others re: selling out.  Most bands I caught on to early in their careers, I evolved with them in a lot of ways, but I do miss the music that made me like them in the first place.  There are others though that I like better as they've grown and matured in their writing, A7X being one of them.  But when it comes to making money and supporting a family, it would be awful hard not to do the same.  

• Like 1

• TaylorMade M5 9.0 - Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X OR PX HZRDUS Green 60 6.5 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15 - PX HZRDUS Green 80 6.5 TX
  • Adams Red 18 - Matrix Altus Tour X
  • Callaway X Forged UT 19 - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z965 4-P - PX 6.0 LS (hs 1x) --------------- FORUM TESTING /// Sub 70 Golf 699 Pro 4-P - KBS Tour X
  • Cleveland RTX 4 52/58 Mid - DG TI S400
  • Scotty Cameron X7 Phantom 34”
  • Bridgestone B XS

One of my favorite metal musicians covering a song from my favorite musical of all time? YES PLEASE.

Rocking to a bit of Crobot right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

WITB:

Louisville Smart Persimmon Driver

Louisville Niblick Persimmon 3 & 5 woods

Hogan UIHI 4-iron*

Hogan PTx Pro 5-7*

Hogan Icon 8-PW*

KZG 51 gap wedge

KZG 56 sand wedge

Rife Legend Z Putter

*denotes clubs being tested

Little bit of I Prevail right now. 

• Like 1

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

90’s country on the deck. My neighbors hate me and I don’t care.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Dave Matthews Band - Sledgehammer (Peter Gabriel cover)

• Like 1

And of course, If I'm going to listen to Alex songs, I can't leave out THE guitar player... Zal Cleminson.

I lost a very good friend 6 years ago to a heroin overdose. He made me promise to play this at his funeral if he passed before I did. I honored his request.... and swore I'd never listen to it again. I don't know why I punched it up, but here it is.

I found this band via Spotify maybe a month or so ago and I am SO HOOKED. They haven't released an album in a number of years and don't appear to have played any gigs since 2017 which is a shame.

This thread makes me think of this tune....🤘

• Like 2

:ping-small:  G 10.5* & 14*  R shaft woods

:ping-small:  Eye 2  3-9. R steel shafts

:ping-small:  Zing2 putter

:titelist-small:  Volkey 48*, 52* & 56* wedges

Tonight me and my Old Grand Dad (bonded) are being nastalgic. A little Rory...... one of the baddest ax players ever, playing his 61 Strat....one of the most iconic Strats ever.

Edited by silver & black
  • Like 2

Ran across a couple of "oldies" that I can't seem to get out of my head...

I remember going to the roller rink in the 70's and this always seemed to be on loop.

Another classic one, but this time from the 80's...

Vocals are impressive as it the guitar...

• Like 2

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers