What are you listening to?

Our Sponsors

I had no idea Steven Wilson remixed a bunch of classic Yes albums last year. These were an absolute treat to listen to on headphones today.

• Like 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know how many of you guys might be in to this sort of thing, but my son Sam's band is releasing its first CD today.  The band is called Sammy Strings (that's my boy!) and the Can of Bliss.  Chec

... I will be listening to Cheap Trick and ZZ Top tomorrow night at the Tinley Park Amphitheater. And I scored tickets for TOOL this morning playing the United Center in November.  

No matter what you might think personally about this guy.....................he was an extraordinay guitar player.    

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, chisag said:

... The Mrs and I are seeing them at the United Center in Chicago Sunday night. 😎  The acoustics are excellent. We saw them last year at the Rosemont and the acoustics were just horrible so we are really looking forward to this show. 

Oh man that would be such a good show! After 20 years of music playing and concert going, I've never seen them. Their new album really rekindled my admiration and I've re-downloaded all of their tunes. I'm trying to talk my Mrs into taking a trip to Jerome to visit Maynard's vineyard and restaurant. 

• Like 1

:cobra-small:  F8+ 9*/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:adams-small:  Tight Lies2  3 wood (14*) / UST ProForce V2 Black (S)

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW 50/6 + 56/12 Wedge 
:odyssey-small: O-Works #7 / Lamkin Sink Fit 

On 10/13/2019 at 9:03 PM, bens197 said:

Uncle Neil in one of my favorite live performances.

IMG_0719.JPG

Nice.  I've seen Uncle Neil a dozen times.  Best show was William & Mary Hall back in '90.  Social Distortion and Sonic Youth opened.  You should have seen all the locals; they didn't know what to make of SY.

• Like 1

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Nice.  I've seen Uncle Neil a dozen times.  Best show was William & Mary Hall back in '90.  Social Distortion and Sonic Youth opened.  You should have seen all the locals; they didn't know what to make of SY.

That’s awesome!!!

That was Neil when he would play with Pearl Jam and let Old Black just tear.

I’ve seen him twice. Once in Saratoga for Road Rock which was ok and the second in Toronto for Greendale. I loved that album but even better, the encore was all old crazy horse songs.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan Player's Combo 4-P KBS Tour
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

2 hours ago, bens197 said:

That’s awesome!!!

I’ve seen him twice. Once in Saratoga for Road Rock which was ok and the second in Toronto for Greendale. I loved that album but even better, the encore was all old crazy horse songs.

Sweet.  He used to play the Garden State Arts Center all the time back in the day.  I've seen him play electric, acoustic, even with the big band.  That W&M show was incredible, all heavy stuff.

• Like 2

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

That’s awesome!!!

Saw Neil with Crazy Horse couple times with Sonic Youth opening.
Wasn’t crazy about Greendale.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Saw Neil with Crazy Horse couple times with Sonic Youth opening.
Wasn’t crazy about Greendale.

Greendale was definitely a love or hate album. It was nice however, having crazy horse on stage with him.

• Like 1
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan Player's Combo 4-P KBS Tour
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

Greendale was definitely a love or hate album. It was nice however, having crazy horse on stage with him.

Well... I kinda hated Greendale.
The first time I saw Sonic Youth was an experience. I had a piece of a guitar fly over our heads. Definitely different but was pretty cool at the time.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

31 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Well... I kinda hated Greendale.
The first time I saw Sonic Youth was an experience. I had a piece of a guitar fly over our heads. Definitely different but was pretty cool at the time.

I've seen SY a few times.  Definitely one of my favorites.  But not for everyone.

• Like 1

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

On 10/31/2019 at 8:17 AM, HardcoreLooper said:

Last saw Neil (and the Horse) 6 years ago. Outdoor concert in appalling weather. They bought Like a Hurricane forward from the encore due to the conditions. Neil getting one of the roadies to dry Old Black mid song without missing a beat was probably my music highlight.

Currently kicking back listening to Dinosaur Junior, Without a Sound. Great mellow album with lots of memories attached.

• Like 4

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:mizuno-small: MP18 MMC FliHi 4 Iron - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

On 11/1/2019 at 6:21 AM, Peaksy68 said:

Last saw Neil (and the Horse) 6 years ago. Outdoor concert in appalling weather. They bought Like a Hurricane forward from the encore due to the conditions. Neil getting one of the roadies to dry Old Black mid song without missing a beat was probably my music highlight.

Currently kicking back listening to Dinosaur Junior, Without a Sound. Great mellow album with lots of memories attached.

Dinosaur Jr. was very popular in my house back when "Without a Sound" came out. 

• Like 2

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

On 10/29/2019 at 9:48 PM, azstu324 said:

Oh man that would be such a good show! After 20 years of music playing and concert going, I've never seen them. Their new album really rekindled my admiration and I've re-downloaded all of their tunes. I'm trying to talk my Mrs into taking a trip to Jerome to visit Maynard's vineyard and restaurant. 

... Just to let you know TOOL was even better than I expected. They played 3 songs off the new CD and tunes from every CD. The acoustics were just awesome. Dany Carey started off the encore with Invincible and a solo on a 7 foot gong, moving to his drums and a synthesizer and it had to be a close to 10 minutes before the band came back on stage and joined him, and then continued for at least another 10 minutes. Sometimes it is hard to believe that wall of sound is coming from a guitar, a bass and a drummer. If you get a chance to see this tour I highly recommend it! 

• Like 2

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Orange 60s
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 7s
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Tensei Pro Orange 80 hy s-flex
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 110 s-flex 4 iron shaft
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

Good to hear. My brother is seeing them next week. Unfortunately I wasn't able to join him. Would have loved to though.

... Just to let you know TOOL was even better than I expected. They played 3 songs off the new CD and tunes from every CD. The acoustics were just awesome. Dany Carey started off the encore with Invincible and a solo on a 7 foot gong, moving to his drums and a synthesizer and it had to be a close to 10 minutes before the band came back on stage and joined him, and then continued for at least another 10 minutes. Sometimes it is hard to believe that wall of sound is coming from a guitar, a bass and a drummer. If you get a chance to see this tour I highly recommend it! 

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, chisag said:

Carey = percussion God. Probably in the mix of my top 3 drummers. 

The other 2 are

Matt Halpern: Periphery 

Matt Garstka: animals as leaders

Edited by azstu324
  • Like 1

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

9 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Carey = percussion God. Probably in the mix of my top 3 drummers. 

The other 2 are

Matt Halpern: Periphery 

Matt Garstka: animals as leaders

Not a bad mix! Not a huge fan of Halpern, his style fits Periphery but I put him the Mike Portnoy category of "far too many notes than is actually needed". 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

3 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Not a bad mix! Not a huge fan of Halpern, his style fits Periphery but I put him the Mike Portnoy category of "far too many notes than is actually needed". 

I won't disagree about Halpern. That said, I just like his fluidity and effortless looking style, timing transitions and ability to keep count on somewhat complex rhythms (This is coming from a guitarist (me) who just happened to pick up drumming from being around them all the time. So my opinion is pretty limited dimensionally). AND like he's just having fun playing and I can really appreciate that. 

• Like 1

I love Matt Halpern. He's #1 on my Mount Rushmore of drummers. He's got the technical chops, but what draws me to him most is his passion and his groove. I could watch/listen to him play drums all day long. I've been fortunate enough to meet him a few times and he's such a good dude. He's also tossed me a couple drumsticks after shows as well and I have one of his old drumheads from a tour.

Matt Garstka is my #2. Also got a stick from him after a show. His technical prowess is second to none. Seeing him play is just jaw-dropping every time.

Meshuggah's Tomas Haake is my #3 for much the same reason as Garstka. Watching him play is just an awe-inspiring experience.

Anup Sastry rounds out at #4. Much like Halpern, he's got the chops but his groove is what really draws me to his playing. He's not in a band at the moment, does some solo stuff and played on Devin Townsend's last record. He was in Intervals and Skyharbor.

Carey is right up there though. He's just extremely talented. Mike Portnoy and Mike Mangini are up there too.

6 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

I love Matt Halpern. He's #1 on my Mount Rushmore of drummers. He's got the technical chops, but what draws me to him most is his passion and his groove. I could watch/listen to him play drums all day long. I've been fortunate enough to meet him a few times and he's such a good dude. He's also tossed me a couple drumsticks after shows as well and I have one of his old drumheads from a tour.

Matt Garstka is my #2. Also got a stick from him after a show. His technical prowess is second to none. Seeing him play is just jaw-dropping every time.

Meshuggah's Tomas Haake is my #3 for much the same reason as Garstka. Watching him play is just an awe-inspiring experience.

Anup Sastry rounds out at #4. Much like Halpern, he's got the chops but his groove is what really draws me to his playing. He's not in a band at the moment, does some solo stuff and played on Devin Townsend's last record. He was in Intervals and Skyharbor.

Carey is right up there though. He's just extremely talented. Mike Portnoy and Mike Mangini are up there too.

When I first saw your screen name, I almost made a comment about being a Periphery fan.. lol.. guess my hunch was correct. I nearly cried big baby man tears when I wasn't able to see them and AAL at the Marquee here in AZ. 😭