sixcat

What are you listening to?

Our Sponsors

It is great!  I got my son a Led Zeppelin music book for Christmas so I hope he can learn this on his guitar.

It’s in a cool alternate tuning which makes it fun, I was able to learn it and I’m a drummer so he shouldn’t have any problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Just now, russtopherb said:

It’s in a cool alternate tuning which makes it fun, I was able to learn it and I’m a drummer so he shouldn’t have any problems emoji1787.png

If I could sing we could tour!

• Like 1

I've been big on Tyler Childers recently. Loving everything he puts out!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

I've been big on Tyler Childers recently. Loving everything he puts out!

I'm not a big Country fan, but this guy is seriously talented. I like his stuff quite a bit.

• Like 1

Yes: Live at the Apollo (AXS)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

King Crimson
“In the court of the Crimson King”

• Like 2

On 12/17/2019 at 7:39 AM, russtopherb said:

It’s in a cool alternate tuning which makes it fun, I was able to learn it and I’m a drummer so he shouldn’t have any problems emoji1787.png

I played the bass for 20 years, played in various bands but studied a lot of JPJ and John Bonham, one of my favorite rhythm sections ever.  Up there with Cream with Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker, Tim Commerford/Brad Wilk of Rage Against the Machine and P-Nut and Chad Sexton from 311.   

TOTO
40 Tours around the Sun

8 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Wasn't a big fan of Rush, but he was a monster behind the kit. He will be missed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I was a big fan up to 2112. After that, I didn't care for their musical direction, starting with Moving Pictures.

Been listening to Rush non-stop since yesterday afternoon. Got home from work, fired up the electronic kit, played 2112 all the way through and some of Exit Stage Left.

Neil Peart defined who I am as a musician. I can't say enough about how his playing, work ethic, and lyric writing and how much they influenced me. Rush has been and will always be THE band for me, and I am a fan of all of their eras. Some of their albums weren't as strong as the others, just like with every band, but I can appreciate as a musician how they grew and branched out while refusing to rehash the same old thing. Three virtuosos who played for as long as they did in that same formation will never be repeated.

RIP Neil.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Been listening to Rush non-stop since yesterday afternoon. Got home from work, fired up the electronic kit, played 2112 all the way through and some of Exit Stage Left.

Neil Peart defined who I am as a musician. I can't say enough about how his playing, work ethic, and lyric writing and how much they influenced me. Rush has been and will always be THE band for me, and I am a fan of all of their eras. Some of their albums weren't as strong as the others, just like with every band, but I can appreciate as a musician how they grew and branched out while refusing to rehash the same old thing. Three virtuosos who played for as long as they did in that same formation will never be repeated.

RIP Neil.

I can appreciate the way they kept evolving as a band. Nothing they ever did sucked. I was just more of a fan of their early stuff when they were a more straight up rock band. I own everything up to 2112. After that, the direction/s they took didn't hold my interest. There is no denying they were stellar musicians, and always brought quality music to the listening public. I just wish they would have stayed more true to their original sound. 

Another end of an era.... Zeppelin and now, Rush.  I think I'll put Bytor and The Snowdog live on... and crank it up!

• Like 1

Jamming out to some Deftones, RATM, and SOAD for a nice run today. Gotta keep those legs fresh so I can start walking 36 without fatigue at the end of rounds.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Ovlov - Really Bees

Reminds me of early Piebald. 

Still on the Rush wagon. I remember when this album came out. I was a Freshman in High School...lol. Still one of my favorite Rush albums.

Edited by silver & black
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Reminds me of early Piebald. 

Piebald - holy crap.  I can't believe that was 20 years ago now.