What are you listening to?

Our Sponsors

Red Sox vs. Braves. Listening and watching.

It  would have been a trolley car series if they had interleague play when I was a little tyke in 1952.

Actually, forget the trolley.

Fenway Park to Braves Field was a five or ten minute walk.

• Like 1

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

... I will be listening to Cheap Trick and ZZ Top tomorrow night at the Tinley Park Amphitheater. And I scored tickets for TOOL this morning playing the United Center in November.  

Don't know how many of you guys might be in to this sort of thing, but my son Sam's band is releasing its first CD today.  The band is called Sammy Strings (that's my boy!) and the Can of Bliss.  Chec

No matter what you might think personally about this guy.....................he was an extraordinay guitar player.    

Posted Images

Just saw them last night.... awesome! If you never had the opportunity to see Zeppelin, do yourself a favor and go see these guys.... just a fantastic show!

LED for your head! Indeed these guys rock!

• Like 1

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Just saw them last night.... awesome! If you never had the opportunity to see Zeppelin, do yourself a favor and go see these guys.... just a fantastic show!

https://youtu.be/yQgCwduaJjM

https://youtu.be/4tKnvxuT41g

Pretty cool. It's really hard to do the cover band thing well, it can easily come off as corny. They had it going on though. Crowd really liked them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Louisville Smart Persimmon Driver

Louisville Niblick Persimmon 3 & 5 woods

Hogan UIHI 4-iron*

Hogan PTx Pro 5-7*

Hogan Icon 8-PW*

KZG 51 gap wedge

KZG 56 sand wedge

Rife Legend Z Putter

*denotes clubs being tested

Confession time....

Some of you long time members might know that I'm not an advocate of music on the course. I've also said that if you want to listen to music then get yourself some ear buds and have a nice day. About two weeks ago I had to ride in a cart with a guy that insisted on listening to the Waylon Jennings channel. Nothing against ole Waylon, Willie, and the boys.... but after about 12 holes I was worn out. So I asked him to please turn it off for the remaining holes. He did thank goodness.

About 1.5 years ago I played in a charity scramble with an older gentleman and he was listening to the Escape channel 69 on Sirius in his cart. I didn't mind it at all as he kept it low. In fact I found it quite soothing and not the least bit distracting. It was somewhat eloquent and matched the game I thought. After the round I tuned my car to the same channel and have been listening to it every since. Mostly. The music is calming and unintrusive. IMO this type of music wouldn't offend or intrude on anyone's  game as long as it's kept low. Very low. Well, it might.... but certainly not like loud country or rock. The Escape channel is basically elevator music.

So today I'm off to the local electronics store to find myself a small BT speaker and give it a try tomorrow. Nothing quite like listening to Locomotive Breath as performed by the Ray Conniff Singers. LOL

• Like 2

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'm a singer and guitarist so I find myself singing to myself on the course, so I'd guess you'd call that music on the course

Right now I have Robin Trower Caravan to Midnight on the turntable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

WITB:

Hogan UIHI 4-iron*

Hogan PTx Pro 5-7*

Hogan Icon 8-PW*

KZG 51 gap wedge

KZG 56 sand wedge

Rife Legend Z Putter

I'm a singer and guitarist so I find myself singing to myself on the course, so I'd guess you'd call that music on the course

Right now I have Robin Trower Caravan to Midnight on the turntable.

I was just listening to some Robin Trower a few days ago. Heh!

• Like 1

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I was just listening to some Robin Trower a few days ago. Heh!

Love his band. James Dewar is probably the greatest unknown singer in Classic Rock.

• Like 1

WITB:

Hogan UIHI 4-iron*

Hogan PTx Pro 5-7*

Hogan Icon 8-PW*

KZG 51 gap wedge

KZG 56 sand wedge

Rife Legend Z Putter

Memory Motel - Rolling stones

Live with Dave Mathews

https://youtu.be/Cowl02DXx3A

• Like 2

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

the stable song

Gregory Alan Isakov

https://youtu.be/RH6Ad8q-kas

• Like 1

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

Dexterity:

Right this minute, Dr. John (NOLA blues).

Tower of Power had an interesting horn section, Rev--three reeds (bari-tenor-tenor) and two brass (trumpet-trumpet).

Most five piece horn sections in that genre had three brass (trumpet-trumpet-trombone) and two reeds (bari-tenor).

Dirty Dozen had the above plus tuba or sousaphone instead of string bass.

BS&T.'s four piece section had trumpet-trumpet-bone-alto. Alto had gotten rare in r&b.

It made ToP sound a little different--more frenetic, especially with that bass player, Francis Rocco Prestia..

I love Dr. John, and BS&T were great as well. Liked ToP, but never collected their music. I guess I was just in the right place but must have been the wrong time......

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

and a little bit of Indian flavour for this thread

https://youtu.be/kZzBd41NuZw

Dexterity:

any Yanni fans here?

Live at the Taj Mahal - this was a great performance (saw it on PBS)

https://youtu.be/bldKuulxY-0

Dexterity:

Sharing some more of my Electic tastes for you spies.

Enjoy

https://youtu.be/RJ7vGFWxLeU

Dexterity:

Listening to and watching "remembering Anthony Bourdain" with my little buddy 0909180744b.jpeg

Sent from my VS985 4G using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

:taylormade-small:  SIM Max 8.25°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:titelist-small:  917F2 3 Wood / Project X Evenflow Blue 75g 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW 50/6 + 56/12 Wedge 
:odyssey-small: O-Works #7 / Superstroke Ultra Slim 1.0

Hummingbirds zipping around our patio...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

:bridgestone-small:  JGR 9.5*  Driver Graphite Design AD DI-6x 
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - AW)  KBS Tour 130x

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Wedges (54, 58)
MATI Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B-RX

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder