Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Titleist JP wedges is absurd

Let's see how fast these build momentum on tour. I look for specific clubs to fit into my set that provide consistency & reliability. To me (personally), worrying about nicking an expensive wedge on a stone at a desert course doesn't instill confidence. I believe they are likely solid wedges which are truly unique, which is more than a traditional experience to get for their user

Sent from my SM-J700T using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am just finding out about this guy now, I like the look of these new wedges--very unique and clean look. His older stuff looks great too.

I like the car and suit analogies above. I have a few buddies that are into cars and know everything about the latest sports cars coming out including specifications and nomenclature that are completely foreign to me. They are never going to be able to afford them but it is still fun to see what high end stuff people can dream up. For us golfers, this type of stuff is our equivalent to ooh and ahh over so let's enjoy it for what it is (and since the relative cost of clubs to cars is so much less the clubs are more attainable).

I don't think expensive equipment is going to hurt the game of golf in the same way that expensive cars don't keep people from driving or buying mainstream cars. There are price ranges for everyone--and used equipment out there for those getting started in the game that don't want to make the commitment to buy new clubs right out of the gate.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

They arrived, but unfortunately, I am out of town! attachicon.gifIMG_5070.JPG

This is downright cruel Zinger!

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

At the end of the day, expensive depends on what you can afford. Some people spend $8000 on a suit, $250,000 on a car, etc. if you love golf and can afford them why not? Playing pebble for $500 + caddie, drinks, lunch can run upwards of $1000 per player. Is that worth it? Is it expensive? If I could afford this experience I would jump on it in a heartbeat. Happy for those who can!!

$2K is too much for three wedges! I'll stick with PXG and just pay $1,950 for three wedges! No bro mesh with JP though...

PXG Stupid Expensive Wedges

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

True these are not attainable for the average golfer, what I see is the future of wedges for little o'le us. Eventually the design and engineering will make it to clubs in our price range. Let's stop knocking what makes America great. Ingenuity!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Pure class all the way around! That pitch fork looks dangerous. Thank you for the update Zinger!

Maxfli___'23 Tour X

Here are some additional photos taken before they were shipped.

attachicon.gifIMG_5101.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_5102.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_5103.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_5104.JPG

Those are stunning!

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

A-Mazing!!

- Alan

I'm curious how you went from "What are these? Space ships? Huge let down!" To "A-Mazing!!". These are basically the same pics as the original write up and you initially despised both the appearance and construction. Self proclaimed wedge-aholics are typically pretty set in their ways re: what looks good. This lineup doesn't even resemble the grinds that came out of JP's old studio. What changed for you Alan? The wax envelope seal?

Maxfli___'23 Tour X

I'm curious how you went from "What are these? Space ships? Huge let down!" To "A-Mazing!!". These are basically the same pics as the original write up and you initially despised both the appearance and construction. Self proclaimed wedge-aholics are typically pretty set in their ways re: what looks good. This lineup doesn't even resemble the grinds that came out of JP's old studio. What changed for you Alan? The wax envelope seal?

Gotta admit it's a pretty sweet seal...

Posted Image

I'm just glad to see JP is still alive and well. If you read back through here a bit, I do I fact like his old stuff way better. I'm hoping for some custom stuff out of his shop. Not that I'll be able to get it, but it would be nice to see that work again. Plus, if you are "THAT GOOD" that Titleist put their logo on the hosel... you are doing something right.

- Alan

And you gotta remember where I live. I don't get out much. So when that chrome and brushed finish popped up on my screen it was like being blinded by the light. Finally got to go hit some different stuff, and I'm finding that my take on golf equipment is sh!t and I need to expand my horizon a little.

I'm just glad to see JP is still alive and well. If you read back through here a bit, I do I fact like his old stuff way better. I'm hoping for some custom stuff out of his shop. Not that I'll be able to get it, but it would be nice to see that work again. Plus, if you are "THAT GOOD" that Titleist put their logo on the hosel... you are doing something right.

- Alan

I read _everything_ in the MGS forum, full stop. Maybe my prior query wasn't clear, you hated them initially; now you seem to love them. We all obviously have the right to change our opinions, but you were at one end of the spectrum and now you're at the opposite. I was just curious what specifically motivated the extreme change of heart?

Maxfli___'23 Tour X

I read _everything_ in the MGS forum, full stop. Maybe my prior query wasn't clear, you hated them initially; now you seem to love them. We all obviously have the right to change our opinions, but you were at one end of the spectrum and now you're at the opposite. I was just curious what specifically motivated the extreme change of heart?

Not sure. Like I said I wanted the old stuff to come back. But I also wanted the the old Mustang look back when they went to the "Bullet" look in the early 2000's but now I want that look back over this new one.

My point is. There is a song for this: https://youtu.be/7S94ohyErSw

And sometimes you just gotta: https://youtu.be/nEidbkibsiE

- Alan

attachicon.gifIMG_5101.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_5102.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_5103.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_5104.JPG

Wow... There are no words... I may be tearing up just a little!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Kramer

Oklahoma

9.5 hcp

Cleveland RTX 2.0 wedges

Would love the opportunity to test these wedges...

Uhhh, this isn't a review application thread.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Uhhh, this isn't a review application thread.

😂😂😂😂

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Damn those are sexy wedges. Love the stamping and 2-tone metal

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Archived