Titleist JP wedges is absurd

I did not personally attack you dude. I simply corrected some baseless assumptions you made.

• Like 1

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:EVNROLL: ER1v
:titelist-small: ProV1
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been waiting for this thread to pop up.   This is like getting mad at luxury and exotic car makers for not producing cheap cars.   Spoiler alert: You're not in their target market

For the life of me I've never understood the concept of the "average golfer" or the " common golfer."   So this is $2k for the experience, it is what it is. It doesn't mean you can't buy, or OEM'

How anyone can make a judgement about these wedges without hitting them is beyond me...     I'm gonna quote Steve Martin. "Criticize things you don't know about. Be Oblong and have your knees remove

Posted Images

Huge let down! Just like TM "irons" week.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

How was that week a let down?

• Like 1

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Like I said I was really looking forward to this day. I had an order ready to go for a set of his wedges when he was solo. Wasn't trying to question his integrity. I've been waiting for him to come out the dark forever! I'm sure they are his designs. Just the looks aren't for me. And last I checked I AM entitled to have an opinion. I am sure they perform amazing, I can't wait for reviews. But they'll have to grow on me, as of today I am not a fan. So there ya go.

I just dont care. If you want ot charge a million for some damn wedges charge a million. I wont buy them. Trust me if I had the cash to blow id probably go. Not because of the wedges themselves but because the experience sounds fun. Im a club junkie. I like the science and how a slight change can make a huge difference. Seeing how we can tweak the bounce by a half degree would be awesome  

• Like 2

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

This isn't just another high end golf product.  Three years went into the R&D of not only the head but also the fitting system.  At $2000, you're getting fit for a set of three wedges on what will be recognized as the most advanced and comprehensive fitting system in golf.  Not only fit, but fit by the guy that designed the head as well as the fitting system. It's probably about a four hours process. Then, the same guy will build them to your specs by hand while manipulating the internal weighting system so they are completely customized to you.  From start to finish, there is no other service offered like this in golf, to this extent.  All by the same guy, one by one.  That guy is JP.

Having been through the JP Wedges fitting at TPI, I can tell you that the experience is priced accurately.  Is it expensive?  Yes it is.  But the average consumer cannot make a phone call to an OEM and get what he is offering.

OT7A7419_zpsgioro2ag.jpg
  • Like 5
Posted Image

Great stuff, Zinger.

Just sent you a tweet, but if you could answer here as well, it would be great:

If you didn't know beforehand that the wedge body was hollow, would you have surmised it was based on the feel?

• Like 1

Great stuff, Zinger.

Just sent you a tweet, but if you could answer here as well, it would be great:

If you didn't know beforehand that the wedge body was hollow, would you have surmised it was based on the feel?

It feels as solid as a forged wedge.  The weighting system and bonding of the Titanium plate pressed on.  Think of it not as hollow, it's just a thin rear plate which permits the manipulation of swing weight and CG location.  The plate is extremely light.  You're hitting a forged wedge not a game improvement iron.

• Like 2
Posted Image

It feels as solid as a forged wedge.  The weighting system and bonding of the Titanium plate pressed on.  Think of it not as hollow, it's just a thin rear plate which permits the manipulation of swing weight and CG location.  The plate is extremely light.  You're hitting a forged wedge not a game improvement iron.

Just as I thought - love how it allows JP to manipulate where he puts certain weight throughout the head.  Makes every wedge he makes literally one of a kind.  

When do you unveil the set you ended up with?

Just as I thought - love how it allows JP to manipulate where he puts certain weight throughout the head.  Makes every wedge he makes literally one of a kind.  

When do you unveil the set you ended up with?

I don't have them in hand yet, but I will post pics if you want to see them.

• Like 4
Posted Image

Would love to!

• Like 1

Swing the wedge and the ball goes into the hole every single time, right?

• Like 2

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Any idea if there will be more offerings from his shop? Or is his main focus this design?

I was hoping for his extended grooves and square leading edge. Do the pictures not show this or am I not seeing it?

Any idea if there will be more offerings from his shop? Or is his main focus this design?

I was hoping for his extended grooves and square leading edge. Do the pictures not show this or am I not seeing it?

They are the same spin milled groves that are on the latest Vokeys.

• Like 1
Posted Image
  • SPY VIP

How anyone can make a judgement about these wedges without hitting them is beyond me...  

I'm gonna quote Steve Martin. "Criticize things you don't know about. Be Oblong and have your knees removed"

I'd love to hit these and go through the fitting. Product looks amazing, but I'm no closer to that than buying a new G Wagon. Still, I look forward to seeing the ones that Zinger has coming, just like I look forward to seeing sweet rides on the road.

And Nic, why don't you go put a live chicken in your underwear. :D

• Like 5

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

For the life of me I've never understood the concept of the "average golfer" or the " common golfer."

So this is $2k for the experience, it is what it is. It doesn't mean you can't buy, or OEM's can't sell, less expensive wedges. You want a $150 Wedge - they're out there. You want a $100 Wedge? They're out there. So are $59 wedges.

It's a bell curve - lots in the middle , some on the low end and some on the high end. These are on the high end for folks who can or want to pay the price. Not a thing wrong with that.

• Like 9

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I am super excited to find these in a few years to try our used. They are growing on me a little, but there is no way I would buy these new. I'd be extremely p.oed if I hit the unexpected rock in the bunker or just under the fairway and destroyed that sole/face.