TESTERS WANTED! ×

Titleist JP wedges is absurd

I can always understand the price analysis and cost/benefit analysis. I do it with everything as well.

The appeal comes in the forgiving milled camber sole design and internal manipulation of CG. He took what worked from the original designs and built a wedge, process and fitting system from the ground up. The cost is really factored into a golf experience. Three hours with a guy that designed the wedges and fitting system you're getting fit on, alone, at TPI. Then they're built by the same guy, for you, one at a time.

Definitely not the most cost effective option, but one of the most unique experiences in the game. There are many designers with a reputation of arrogance in the game. JP is the furthest from that descriptor which makes the experience and willingness to support the brand, that much easier. He treats the janitor with the same level of respect as he would the President of Golf Clubs at Titleist. He's genuine and it doesn't take long for people to recognize.

Will a set of these help your short game? Absolutely. Is it enough to make the trip and cost appealing to players? Not always. Completely understandable but I can attest the experience will not leave you questioning if your short game equipment is right for you.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can always understand the price analysis and cost/benefit analysis. I do it with everything as well.

The appeal comes in the forgiving milled camber sole design and internal manipulation of CG. He took what worked from the original designs and built a wedge, process and fitting system from the ground up. The cost is really factored into a golf experience. Three hours with a guy that designed the wedges and fitting system you're getting fit on, alone, at TPI. Then they're built by the same guy, for you, one at a time.

Definitely not the most cost effective option, but one of the most unique experiences in the game. There are many designers with a reputation of arrogance in the game. JP is the furthest from that descriptor which makes the experience and willingness to support the brand, that much easier. He treats the janitor with the same level of respect as he would the President of Golf Clubs at Titleist. He's genuine and it doesn't take long for people to recognize.

Will a set of these help your short game? Absolutely. Is it enough to make the trip and cost appealing to players? Not always. Completely understandable but I can attest the experience will not leave you questioning if your short game equipment is right for you.

Of course he's not arrogant- he's from Minnesota!

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

How anyone can make a judgement about these wedges without hitting them is beyond me...  

I'm gonna quote Steve Martin. "Criticize things you don't know about. Be Oblong and have your knees removed"

I completely agree with you there Buddy, but the biggest problem for these wedges, particularly from the standpoint of the usual golfer, is the price. It's US$2000 for the 3 wedges!!!! Sure, if you've got the cash give it a go, but my question for that would be "are these wedges worth the price gap over a decent Callaway/Titleist/TM/Cleveland wedge??" 

The only reason why I'd spend that much money on 3 clubs is if I would hole out every time I hit them.

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50

Callaway MD4 - 56 & 60 degrees

Putter: Taylormade TP Collection Soto

Golf Ball: Titliest Pro V1 and Srixon Z-Star 

to each their own.   I personally wouldn't do this,  but I liken it to Tyson Lamb and non OEM Cameron putters.  At least with these you get a fitting to ensure the clubs meet your needs.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 2 months later...

I would definitely take one for free!

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I play golf with several gentlemen that could afford to get these.  Thing is...it wouldn't help any of them.  I'd wager that if you are good enough to see an improvement then you are most likely on tour and therefore could get them for free.  Buying a Ferrari won't make you drive like Andretti, but plenty of people still like to pretend.

:ping-small: S57 DG S300 stiff

:taylormade-small:  M1 430 8.5 Matrix Black Tie 

:ping-small:  Tour Wedges stiff

:taylormade-small:  SLDR 16* mini driver Fuji Speeder stiff

:taylormade-small: SLDR 21* hybrid Fuji Speeder stiff

:cameron-small: Futura  Superstroke mid slim 2.0

:taylormade-small:  project (a) #7's

I play golf with several gentlemen that could afford to get these. Thing is...it wouldn't help any of them. I'd wager that if you are good enough to see an improvement then you are most likely on tour and therefore could get them for free. Buying a Ferrari won't make you drive like Andretti, but plenty of people still like to pretend.

🤚

Posted Image

People will spend their money at they see fit. I'm in no position to tell others how they should spend their own cash.

I imagine it'd be a hell of an experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's in My Bag?

Driver: Cobra F6

Fairway: Cobra F6 3/4

Hybrids: Wilson Staff D100ES (4 & 5)

Irons: Wilson Staff C200 (6i to GW)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX (52, 56, and 60°)

Putter: Happy Putter Blade

Archived