Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

EVNROLL putter fitting help

I am about to purchase an EVNROLL ER2 putter. The problem is I don't live anywhere close enough to actually try one and get fitted for one. I am basically doing a fitting through text and email with the rep at EVNROLL. I currently use a Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 B 35". I am 5'9 and The rep has seen the attached videos. I am hoping that someone here will be able to either verify what he is saying or help me get a good length and lie putter. See the videos below. Please help me!!

P.S. He says I need a 33" putter and 2 degrees flat.

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

I was kind of amazed when Guerin Rife was able to fit me over the phone.  He asked a few questions - height, posture, hand position, right or left eye dominant (left) and a couple of other things - and he came back with some specs. Checked them against an in-depth Edel fitting I had two years prior and THEY WERE SPOT ON!

Not sure who you spoke with at EvnRoll - if it was Guerin, the guy knows putters and I'd trust his judgment. 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I was kind of amazed when Guerin Rife was able to fit me over the phone. He asked a few questions - height, posture, hand position, right or left eye dominant (left) and a couple of other things - and he came back with some specs. Checked them against an in-depth Edel fitting I had two years prior and THEY WERE SPOT ON!

Not sure who you spoke with at EvnRoll - if it was Guerin, the guy knows putters and I'd trust his judgment.

What he said!

At 5'9" I am pretty sure that 35" putter is too long, so I would agree with a 33"  As for lie angle, that depends on your setup, whether your eyes are over the ball, and your stroke.  I'm not sure how you do that over text and email.  Maybe if you sent him a video.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

At 5'9" I am pretty sure that 35" putter is too long, so I would agree with a 33" As for lie angle, that depends on your setup, whether your eyes are over the ball, and your stroke. I'm not sure how you do that over text and email. Maybe if you sent him a video.

I found that the ping putting app gives a lot of input that you could use for a fitting (regardless of brand) and above and beyond the details you've already given or were asked.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

At 5'9" I am pretty sure that 35" putter is too long, so I would agree with a 33" As for lie angle, that depends on your setup, whether your eyes are over the ball, and your stroke. I'm not sure how you do that over text and email. Maybe if you sent him a video.

I sent him three videos but can't figure how to post them here I have a slight arc and the toe of my putter was up but wondering how much of that is because of the 35"

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

I was kind of amazed when Guerin Rife was able to fit me over the phone. He asked a few questions - height, posture, hand position, right or left eye dominant (left) and a couple of other things - and he came back with some specs. Checked them against an in-depth Edel fitting I had two years prior and THEY WERE SPOT ON!

Well the guy was awesome no doubt I know it wasn't Guerin himself I guess I have to just trust it he saw three videos one from back two from side one of those was slow motion

Bryson DeChambeau

Well the guy was awesome no doubt I know it wasn't Guerin himself I guess I have to just trust it he saw three videos one from back two from side one of those was slow motion

If I am using a 35 but really need a 33 wouldn't using the 35 pull the toe up

Bryson DeChambeau

I sent him three videos but can't figure how to post them here I have a slight arc and the toe of my putter was up but wondering how much of that is because of the 35"

I would honestly trust the Evnroll folks over anyone here, but if you want to post videos here, you will need to upload them to youtube and then post the links here

I would honestly trust the Evnroll folks over anyone here, but if you want to post videos here, you will need to upload them to youtube and then post the links here

https://youtu.be/enbDHJPVn44

Bryson DeChambeau

https://youtu.be/zm5R2Z6bmgI

Bryson DeChambeau

https://youtu.be/M_7y59PGSgk

Bryson DeChambeau

Hmm too be honest, without being able to see where your hands are on the putter, where your hands are in relation to your body, and your posture, I am not sure how anybody could provide you with any insight.

My guess is they fit your length based on the measurements you provided - and went 2 degrees flat to account for the shorter putter.

FYI I was fit into an ER2, 34" 1 degree flat and I am 5'11

Hmm too be honest, without being able to see where your hands are on the putter, where your hands are in relation to your body, and your posture, I am not sure how anybody could provide you with any insight.

My guess is they fit your length based on the measurements you provided - and went 2 degrees flat to account for the shorter putter.

FYI I was fit into an ER2, 34" 1 degree flat and I am 5'11

Ok thanks I guess they know what they are doing how do you like the ER2

Bryson DeChambeau

The one thing that was one of the biggest takeaways for me in my phone ffittimg with Guerrin was when he said " phon should use the shortest putter you can comfortably putt with".

This came about when I asked about going to a 36 or 38 inch putter from my current 35 as I'm 6'5" and thought I might need a longer putter to stand more erect with.

As a result I stayed with 35". A 34" was just to hard on my back.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I'm 5' 11" (shrunk an inch the last couple of years) and went to a 32" putter.  I had a 34" but my elbows were bent rather than hanging loose below my shoulders.  Now I can swing  my putter using shoulder movement like a pendulum.  When my elbows were bent, I was never getting into the same position and putting line and speed was erratic.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

How often do y'all play is it worth the cost if I only play once every two weeks?

Bryson DeChambeau

How often do y'all play is it worth the cost if I only play once every two weeks?

If you get a putter that fits and you like the looks, I would say it's definitely worth it.  It's frustrating to constantly putt poorly, and a fitting eliminates one variable.

I only play golf on days ending in "y" because I'm retired and I can.   ;)

I tried the ER2 in 34", same as my current putter and I'm 5' 11"

Like the feel off the face, even though I have no way to verify the distance on mishits...

But the ER2 is still too wide for me, I'm waiting for the ER1 to arrive... they are sold out everywhere!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

https://youtu.be/joIpVTfxwq0

Better view

Bryson DeChambeau

https://youtu.be/KkIXRmJXB8g

Whoops here it is

Bryson DeChambeau

Ok update my putter is on its way I haven't been this excited in a very long time

Bryson DeChambeau

Ok update my putter is on its way I haven't been this excited in a very long time

Got my new putter wow amazing been raining here so I have been practicing inside on carpet but hitting a penny at 10 feet not too shabby can't wait to get on some real greens

Bryson DeChambeau

So I have the putter now and on my carpet I am deadly hitting dimes from ten feet but my first round out yesterday I had 38 putts not happy about that the problem I am having is that the ball just jumps off the face of this putter anyone else have the same results

Bryson DeChambeau

So I have the putter now and on my carpet I am deadly hitting dimes from ten feet but my first round out yesterday I had 38 putts not happy about that the problem I am having is that the ball just jumps off the face of this putter anyone else have the same results

Not at all. In fact it very design issues so it produces consistent ball speeds across the face.

Ok maybe I need to get used to it

Bryson DeChambeau

I happened to be in Carlsbad for another reason so I went in.  Guerin was there but busy so 2 other young men came and did it.  Their knowledge was impressive and I left feeling like I was fit.  The putter specs are in my sig below.  I would trust them.  I'm 6'1" so I agree with the other comment that 35" seems long, but I would trust them over me.  I've loved my Evnroll, I'm rolling it better than ever.

Alpine, UT

In the bag:

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic, Diamana M+ 50g Stiff Shaft

3W: Cleveland FL3W, Miyasaki 43g Stiff Shaft

4 Hybrid: Taylormade SLDR Fujikura? Stiff Shaft

4i: Mizuno MP-H5, KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 110 S Shaft 

5i-PW: Mizuno MP-25, KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 110 S Shaft

Wedges: 50, 54, 58 degree Mizuno T7 Blue Anodized, Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Shaft

Putter: EVNROLL ER7, Custom Fit 35", 71 degree lie angle and 1 degree of loft

Archived