GolfSpy Stroker

Ping Glide 2.0 stage 2 wedge review

My stage 2 is up for the Ping Glide 2.0 wedges. 

No babes this time... all business.   :lol:

Enjoy!  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/18831-official-forum-member-testing-ping-glide-wedges/?p=265561

And please don't hesitate to post any questions or comments.

• Like 1

I hit these at the demo day last week. I had a hard time judging distance. Did you have a similar problem at first?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I hit these at the demo day last week. I had a hard time judging distance. Did you have a similar problem at first?

I didn't have any problem with distance.

My gaps between the 50/54/58 are around 10 yards and I top out with the 50 degree at about 105.

They've been fairly consistent for me.

I hit the 2.0 just a few days ago and I had sort of the same problem as shankster....didn't seem very consistent for me. I hit five shots that all felt well stuck and didn't get the same distances. Played a round with it with the same problem. Felt great but results for me weren't there.

• Like 1

I hit the 2.0 just a few days ago and I had sort of the same problem as shankster....didn't seem very consistent for me. I hit five shots that all felt well stuck and didn't get the same distances. Played a round with it with the same problem. Felt great but results for me weren't there.

Mine were all long. Probably could get used to them, but they were 5 yards longer than the cobras with the same swing. Maybe they are on to something.

- Alan

I've need wanting to try these for awhile. I like your review and it is helpful

• Like 1

Not quite 2 years worth of play on these but this is the face of the 54 (the club I use the most)...grooves still very sharp and able to impart plenty of spin on the ball.

Take a quick tour through the review if considering new wedges...these are top notch!

MVIMG_20190129_200744.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Not quite 2 years worth of play on these but this is the face of the 54 (the club I use the most)...grooves still very sharp and able to impart plenty of spin on the ball.

Take a quick tour through the review if considering new wedges...these are top notch!

MVIMG_20190129_200744.jpg

Heavily considering the 2.0 stealths soon. My 56* has seen better days and I've been wanting to change my loft gaps anyways. Waiting for the next Ping demo so I can test the G410 hybrids at the same time and drop my 4i.

• Love 1

18 hours ago, yungkory said:

Heavily considering the 2.0 stealths soon. My 56* has seen better days and I've been wanting to change my loft gaps anyways. Waiting for the next Ping demo so I can test the G410 hybrids at the same time and drop my 4i.

I've got a 2.0 stealth in 54 and I was surprised at how well it felt at impact and how well the finish has held up over 6+ months of use. I bought mine 'gently used' and I could hardly tell it had been hit. Still looks great and the finish has held up better than the black Callaway MD3 58* wedge I bought about the same time. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, txgolfjunkie said:

I've got a 2.0 stealth in 54 and I was surprised at how well it felt at impact and how well the finish has held up over 6+ months of use. I bought mine 'gently used' and I could hardly tell it had been hit. Still looks great and the finish has held up better than the black Callaway MD3 58* wedge I bought about the same time. 

I had Callaway wedges before the Pings and really liked the headweight on the Ping wedges.  The Cally felt a little light to me.