TESTERS WANTED! ×

New wedges (opinions wanted)

Kc8703

So my 57 scor wedge is starting to show it's wear and tear and losing its zip so I'm thinking or either replacing it or bagging a 60 . The problem? Since most Scor wedges I can find are more worn than mine, and the hogans are mostly brand new I'm coming here for advice on which of the wedges would be closest in function , feel, and bounce ( I'm not sure what bounce / grind the scor is). Don't really have a chance to run out and hit at golf galaxy ,I'm a new dad and any extra time is spent playing .

I'm also really considering the PM grind 60°callaway, as the flop shot has been a go to of mine and I open the face quite a bit. But I've heard that full shots can be a problem. Also Would playing different types of wedges present an in-round problem? I've only gamed scors. I'm leaning Cleveland (Srixon bias) or callaway but I'm open to everyone's opinions.

If this is remedial,I'm sorry. But I'd love to hear from you guys, I've based most of my purchases off of these forums so I appreciate the help!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

No issue at all with having different wedges in your bag, especially if one is a specialty wedge.

I game all vokeys, but I only use my 60 for shots around the green and not for full shots - if I could find a better 60 for my game, I would have no problem gaming it - but I absolutely love my Vokey 60 M Grind.

I think the key to a wedge setup is having the proper fit for you game so you can hit the type of shots you want.  For me, that means having full grinds with medium/high bounce on my 50 and 54 that allow me to take full swings, and a low/medium bounce 60 degree wedge than I can open up and play shots around the green.

And if you love your SCOR, I definitely could see why you are drawn to the new RTX3 wedges from Cleveland, as they have a very similar sole grind (V Sole)

Single dot Cleveland RTX 3 would be pretty close to score with the V grind. Vokey also makes a V Grind similar to the scor. If you're brand agnostic, I just hit the new Bridgestone wedges and they felt amazing. Super soft and spinny.

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

Going to say, if you are near an Edel fitter go check them out.

I played TM Tour preferred 52,56,60 for 2 years and loved them.

Downsized to 2 wedges, a 53° & 57° Cobra King. They are 52 and 56 bent weak. It fits my distance gaps the best, and the 57° can do what my 60° did.

Go hit as many as you can before you pull the trigger. Get fit if possible, if there was a fitter near by I'd go.

Ben Hogans would be closest to Scor--made by the same guy-look really similar except for the logo. They were running a deal for wedges at around $85 or so a couple of weeks back. Not sure if that is still a thing. I have the Hogans and think they are great.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Ben Hogans would be closest to Scor--made by the same guy-look really similar except for the logo. They were running a deal for wedges at around $85 or so a couple of weeks back. Not sure if that is still a thing. I have the Hogans and think they are great.

I'm a bit confused as to why you wouldn't just shift over to Hogans? Plus you can order new SCORs online still. I'd imagine that you could replace your wedges

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm a bit confused as to why you wouldn't just shift over to Hogans? Plus you can order new SCORs online still. I'd imagine that you could replace your wedges

I could stay with hogans, But I'm open to other options. Since I'm going for a 60 to use with open faced shots and to land chips softer I was seeing if there was a better option. Thanks to all for the input so far

I have the RTX 3's and am in love with them, I was playing Vokey so you can't go wrong in my opinion with either

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

So my 57 scor wedge is starting to show it's wear and tear and losing its zip so I'm thinking or either replacing it or bagging a 60 . The problem? Since most Scor wedges I can find are more worn than mine, and the hogans are mostly brand new I'm coming here for advice on which of the wedges would be closest in function , feel, and bounce ( I'm not sure what bounce / grind the scor is). Don't really have a chance to run out and hit at golf galaxy ,I'm a new dad and any extra time is spent playing .

I'm also really considering the PM grind 60°callaway, as the flop shot has been a go to of mine and I open the face quite a bit. But I've heard that full shots can be a problem. Also Would playing different types of wedges present an in-round problem? I've only gamed scors. I'm leaning Cleveland (Srixon bias) or callaway but I'm open to everyone's opinions.

If this is remedial,I'm sorry. But I'd love to hear from you guys, I've based most of my purchases off of these forums so I appreciate the help!

I have both 56/13 and 60/10 PM grind wedges and love them both. By far the best feeling and playability wedges I've ever owned. I've played Cleveland and Vokeys and these are a refreshing change and with there multi type bounce on the sole they are terrific.

Rarely do I ever hit a full 60 deg wedge on the course. For me the 60 is mostly for finesse shots inside 50 yards especially to carry over bunkers or mounds The PM grinds are the best out of the tall grass , that's what their mostly designed for.

My best advice is to get the PM grind you won't be disappointed

Cheers

Stephen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a club you use very rarely like I did...say a 5 wood...I took it out and put in a 64 that I absolutely LOVE around the greens and I don't miss the 5 wood because like I said I never hit it....all that said I say the PM grind 64 would be a great addition for what it sounds like you want. Along with two other wedges such as the Cleveland RTX 3 to get the feel of your scors.

Just my .02

Driver: Ping G30 Tour 65

Fairway: Ping G30 Tour 80

Hybrid: Taylormade SLDR S 21*

Irons: Mizuno MP-54 KBS TOUR S

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 50* KBS TOUR,

Titleist Vokey 55*, 60* KBS Hi-RevS

Putter: SeeMore fgp Original 35", 69*, 2.5*

Ball: Bridgestone B-330 S

If you have a club you use very rarely like I did...say a 5 wood...I took it out and put in a 64 that I absolutely LOVE around the greens and I don't miss the 5 wood because like I said I never hit it....all that said I say the PM grind 64 would be a great addition for what it sounds like you want. Along with two other wedges such as the Cleveland RTX 3 to get the feel of your scors.

Just my .02

I did this too. Added a 62 instead of a wood. Found that it gets used a little more.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

I had the chance to hit the 60.05 Mizuno T7 wedge last week and it really felt like point and shoot. I have no flopping skills, so not sure if it would meet your needs there as grind goes, but it was buttery smooth.

That being said, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, go with Hogans in the 57 if you're that comfortable with the SCOR, and maybe add a 60 to play with, unless you're redoing all of your wedges, then at least get a wedge fitting/measuring to make sure your gapping is where you want it.

If you really wanna just play around bombtech has 3 wedges for $99......

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

I did this too. Added a 62 instead of a wood. Found that it get used a little more.

Exactly...I mean most people use multiple hybrids that will cover the distance of a 5 wood so why not have a "go to" club that you use significantly more!!

Problem solved!! Lol

And congrats on the new baby!! A new dad myself...future PGA/LPGA rivalry brewing right here on MGS!!

Check the cleveland RTX, I have never got "spin" on a ball until I got these at the end of the year last year

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Check the cleveland RTX, I have never got "spin" on a ball until I got these at the end of the year last year

This. Even though I've don't have them myself, I've been looking to replace my current MD3s with the RTX 3s. I've done so so so much research and everyone says they're just amazing.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Liked the RTX 3's when I demoed them. Also liked the Callaway Mac Daddy forged wedges I demoed yesterday.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder