TESTERS WANTED! ×

Stats

HunkaTurf

Hi all,

I'm on a drive this year to get my handicap down by a few shots.

I've had some lessons and am making progress with my technique. I'm also making more time to practice.

As my practice time is limited to 2-3 hours a week, I want make sure I'm smart about what I work on.

With that in my mind, I want to start tracking my stats so I can see what areas of my game are costing me shots.

I've downloaded Game Golf and used it yesterday for the first time. First impressions seem good but I've had some teething problems uploading/editing the round.

My questions to you guys...

1) Do you track your stats? If so, what do you use?

2) How do you use your stats to inform practice?

3) Have you seen noticeable improvements in your scores since adopting this approach?

Be great to get your input...

Hello,

I'm in a similar position as you.

I do use stats and have used game golf as well as just marking down certain shots on a little note book throughout the round.

For the most part I've used the stats and notes for what to focus on during my practice time. Lately it's been a lot of 150 yards and in.

So far this approach has really helped and I feel much more accomplished when my practice and rounds are finished.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I used my sky caddie to keep stats. It reaffirms what I see on the course for any given round. A few weeks ago I was killing the driver but couldn't hit a green to save my life and when I did hit the green, I didn't make puts. Sure enough, when the the numbers came in... 86% fairways hit, only 11% greens in regulation, puts were 1.9. So I worked on approach shots and putting. Last week I shaved off 9 strokes off my game (but driving went a bit south so my scrambling/chipping kicked in and helped me save a few holes). It's a good way to tailor your practice sessions to work on the weaknesses of your game.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Hello,

I'm in a similar position as you.

I do use stats and have used game golf as well as just marking down certain shots on a little note book throughout the round.

For the most part I've used the stats and notes for what to focus on during my practice time. Lately it's been a lot of 150 yards and in.

So far this approach has really helped and I feel much more accomplished when my practice and rounds are finished.

Glad you're finding game golf useful. Have only put in 1 round so far so I'll see how it goes.

Have you seen any surprises in your stats? I.e. Anything you didn't realise was a weakness?

I used game golf for a few rounds then sold it. To me there was too much to edit after the round and it was cumbersome to do so.

After each round now, I go through it shot by shot in my head and see where I lost shots and keep that in mind on where I need to focus.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I'm currently using Golf Pad to keep mine, but I'll be using Skycaddie shortly as I was chosen as one of the testers. It'll be interesting to compare the results of the 2 side by side.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I downloaded Golf Pad GPS and it has stat tracking. I will also use a blank scorecard from time to time as well. I can put my score, fairways, GIR, and putts in their own box and keep a "score" value for each. I.E. if par for putts is technically 36, if I finish the round with 28 it gives me a frame of reference.

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

One of the interesting things about Game Golf is it gives you Strokes Gained stats for tee shots, approaches, putting etc.

Not sure how useful that info is (only time will tell I guess), but I'd struggle to work that out on my own!

Hi all,

I'm on a drive this year to get my handicap down by a few shots.

I've had some lessons and am making progress with my technique. I'm also making more time to practice.

As my practice time is limited to 2-3 hours a week, I want make sure I'm smart about what I work on.

With that in my mind, I want to start tracking my stats so I can see what areas of my game are costing me shots.

I've downloaded Game Golf and used it yesterday for the first time. First impressions seem good but I've had some teething problems uploading/editing the round.

My questions to you guys...

1) Do you track your stats? If so, what do you use?

2) How do you use your stats to inform practice?

3) Have you seen noticeable improvements in your scores since adopting this approach?

Be great to get your input...

You might be interested in Shot by Shot. It's by the guy that invented strokes gained. Peter Sanders. (co-opted by Mark Broadie)

Shot by Shot is much better than just keeping track of FIR, GIR, Putts, etc., etc.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'm using the gamegolf live and pretty happy with it. It gives me plenty of stats and data. It tracks every shot on the course, I can go back and look at a drive on a particular hole 40 rounds ago.

I also like the stroke gain aspect as well as the insight stats;

Fariway hits

Green hits

Approach ; break down to clubs and distance range. This is very helpful as I went from 58% on 100-125 yards within 15 yards to the pin to 78%, and went from 63% from 75-100 yards to 15 yards to 82%. It's such a confidence booster.

I also stop keeping score on the scorecard which is a big plus because I can forget bad shot(s) as soon as I tag the next one and focus on the next shot, works well for me.

If you are a data/stats junkie the arccos may be a better fits. I'm thinking about putting that on my new set but it would be keeping separate stats, idk.

I also use the GRGS golf stats app, boat load of data and stats but hideous to use. I could get away with it because I'm usually play by myself at the club and no one is in front or behind me. It takes a good 20-30 seconds after each shot to enter the stats and $80 per year subscription service, no thanks after a few rounds I kicked it.

Archived