TESTERS WANTED! ×

Is anyone gaming the Sun Mountain C130S?

My OGIO stand bag is on its last days and with a birthday coming up I wanted to give my wife a good bag idea.  When golfing I use a cart 90% of the time and when I walk I use a push cart.  I am strongly considering a cart bag rather than stand bag this time.  I do have to transfer my bag from my truck to the cart, and from my truck to the range when I practice so I can also appreciate something easy and convenient to move around when not on a cart.  Some of my other considerations are that I prefer a non-club brand of bag rather than a branded (Ping, Titleist, etc.) bag, and I wanted something that has a 14 way divider.  

These considerations and my research has led me to be interested in the Sun Mountain C130 series of bags.  I looked at a gray one in a store on Sunday and I had decided that it would be my choice.  But then I stumbled across the 130S models which seem to combine the cart bag features with the convenience of the stand.  

I'm wondering if anyone is or has used these series of bags?  There seems to be limited feedback online about them, other than the colors may not match the pictures.  

Driver:  :titelist-small: - 915 D2 (9.5) - Diamana S+ Blue 60

3 Wood:  :taylormade-small: - Rocketballz Stage 2 Tour (13) - Stiff 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: - RBZ Stage 2 Rescue (19) - Stiff

Hybrid:  :titelist-small: - 816 H1 (23) - Reg

Irons:  :titelist-small: - 714 AP2 - 5-AW - XP95 Stiff

Wedges:  :titelist-small: - Vokey SM5 - 54/58

Putter:  :titelist-small: - Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 - 35in

I don't have the S version, but just got a C130 this year.....works perfectly in a cart or a push cart....love it

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

If you never carry your bag, other than from your car to the clubhouse, don't bother with the standbag. The legs just get screwed up and cause issues. Cart bags will stand upright just fine in a parking lot or a patio!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

I have a C-130 that's a couple years old.

If your push cart really lays the bag back, when putting a club back in one of the middle rows you have to wiggle the bag a little bit or lift up whatever club is above it because the grip end of the club pushes the divider towards the back of the bag. I hope that makes sense. But if you use a cart that stands it more upright, it should be fine.

I love mine! Plenty of space for stuff!

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I have a C-130 that's a couple years old.

If your push cart really lays the bag back, when putting a club back in one of the middle rows you have to wiggle the bag a little bit or lift up whatever club is above it because the grip end of the club pushes the divider towards the back of the bag. I hope that makes sense. But if you use a cart that stands it more upright, it should be fine.

I love mine! Plenty of space for stuff!

Yes that makes sense and might be a consideration.  Since walking with the cart is not a frequent activity though it is not too concerning for me.  They do have some serious available space.  I don't know what I'll do with all of the pockets the bag has.

If you never carry your bag, other than from your car to the clubhouse, don't bother with the standbag. The legs just get screwed up and cause issues. Cart bags will stand upright just fine in a parking lot or a patio!

Not necessarily, I find my new SM C-130 with the fwd pockets does tip over. Enough my putter shaft got bent.

I use the lined valuables pocket for balls to keep cg closer to center

Only issue I have work the C130 is that I usually put towels in the outside pockets. The towels always slide to the bottom & when put in a cart this makes it more difficult to get clubs out, especially if 2 bags on the cart. I tried to solve this by installing dividers in the side pockets to prevent the drop. Helped tremendously & made the bag much more functional. Love the number of pockets on this bag, but you can never have enough.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Not necessarily, I find my new SM C-130 with the fwd pockets does tip over. Enough my putter shaft got bent.

I use the lined valuables pocket for balls to keep cg closer to center

That's why I felt the stand would be useful.  When practicing at the range I also don't always have a stand convenient and I'd rather not throw the bag on the ground.  Thanks for that feedback on the C130 though.  

Yes that makes sense and might be a consideration. Since walking with the cart is not a frequent activity though it is not too concerning for me. They do have some serious available space. I don't know what I'll do with all of the pockets the bag has.

One of the constants in golf is that the amount of vital and needed crap in your bag is directly proportionate to the available pocket space.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: PXG 0811XF 10.5 Regular flex

3W Cleveland HiBore XLS

3-5H: Callaway Steelhead XR

6I-AW Srixon ZX4 MKII

SW and LW Kirkland Signature (V2)

Putter: TaylorMade Rosa Monte Carlo

Ball: OnCore Elixer

Yes that makes sense and might be a consideration. Since walking with the cart is not a frequent activity though it is not too concerning for me. They do have some serious available space. I don't know what I'll do with all of the pockets the bag has.

It's not really annoying or anything. And I've just gotten into the habit of pulling the up club anyways. And it only needs to come up maybe 6" for the other club to slide in.

I don't use all the pockets either unless I'm in a tournament which is when I pack the full arsenal (rain gear, lots of snacks, bottles of water, etc.)

I'm loving my C130. It has plenty of pockets. Also, the club dividers go all the way down. I would love to criticize it, I really do. But this bag is well constructed. I believe you won't be disappointed

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

C-130 lover here too - on my 2nd one! The 2017 model with the velcro straps in back is what I have now. No need for the cart strap, so everything is accessible!

I have no idea what they could do to improve upon this bag...

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to thank everyone for their comments and provide an update.  I agonized about this decision way more than I expected I was going to.  I ended up purchasing the Sun Mountain 5.5 LS in Gunmetal/Black/Red.  I ended up deciding against a 14 way divider and I liked this color combo the best.  I spent a lot of time looking at these bags in the store and while they are expensive I don't think you can go wrong with any of their models.  

Nice pick up. Be sure to post pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

WITB:

Driver:   2017 M2 
3/5 Woods:  2014 Big Bertha 
4/5 Hybrids:  Mashie+ 
Irons:  Apex CF16 6-PW w/Recoil 110
Wedges:  RTX3 MB 48/54/58
Putter:  White Hot Pro #3 w/SS 2.0
Ball: â€‹Z-Star Yellow

• 4 years later...

I’m looking at the SM c130 series and was wondering if anyone can tell me the differences if any between the c130c and the c130s other than the stand?  If there are any, would you elaborate if possible, same amount of pockets, less pocket space, club dividers aren’t full length, etc. etc… thank you.