TESTERS WANTED! ×

Hole in One Stories

GolfSpy WD

I was complaining about my round yesterday, but it wasn't all bad. I had one funny story we all got a kick out.

All day I was pushing my ball right, I think I know what I was doing wrong, but for the life of me I couldn't stop while on the course. If you're on golfgamebook you can see how many fairways and greens I hit, it's pretty sad. One thing about this course is it's insanely tight and fairways run parallel to each other with maybe a single line of trees between.

However, on one of the par 4s, the signs say no using driver or get a boot off the course. I pulled my 5i and smack one. I really pured it, but sure enough, push right and into the trees. When I get to it though, it had gone through the trees, onto the green of the previous hole, and into the hole :lol:. The group of kids behind us cheered since they got a good view of it while walking up to the green.

Ironically I had to take an unplayable lie after a hole in one :lol:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd still count that lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Do I get to adjust my scorecard for the previous hole or the one I teed off on?? ;)

If you were playing with me I'd let you. I reward greatness lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

That's awesome - this may be the best story ever!

However I think you may be entitled to a drop - don't the rules of golf permit a drop off of greens and tees that aren't a part of the hole being played?

Sand bagger. B)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Actually, the rules cover this. Free drop, no hole in one. It does not say anything about being in the hole but since you get relief from the green you certainly get relief out of the hole in the green.

Our 6th tee shots come close to the number 14 green and errant shots often find the green. Something you want to play particular attention to when playing number 14, more so than 6.

25-3. Wrong Putting Green

a. Interference

Interference by a wrong putting green occurs when a ball is on the wrong putting green.

Interference to a player's stance or the area of his intended swing is not, of itself, interference under this Rule.

b. Relief

If a player's ball lies on a wrong putting green, he must not play the ball as it lies. He must take relief, without penalty, as follows:

The player must lift the ball and drop it within one club-length of and not nearer the hole than the nearest point of relief. The nearest point of relief must not be in a hazard or on a putting green. When dropping the ball within one club-length of the nearest point of relief, the ball must first strike a part of the course at a spot that avoids interference by the wrong putting green and is not in a hazard and not on a putting green. The ball may be cleaned when lifted under this Rule.

Penalty for Breach of Rule:

Match play - Loss of hole; Stroke play - Two strokes.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

That's awesome - this may be the best story ever!

However I think you may be entitled to a drop - don't the rules of golf permit a drop off of greens and tees that aren't a part of the hole being played?

Sand bagger. B)

Shrt answer us yes for both tee and green. 25-1-b-iii and iV

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

• 3 years later...

awesome stories!

If i had one to share, I would.....still waiting on it

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

I've had two holes in one and both on the same hole #5 at Lake Jonesco in middle Georgia. Nothing dramatic like what the op mentioned however any hole in one is special.  The one that was special to me was not mine, but a friend who was enjoying his son who was in town to visit from California.  He rarely visits his Dad however this time was meant to be. My buddy (Gary is 77 years old) had never had a hole in one and that's a mystery because he is a very solid golfer.  Anyways we are teeing it up on #16 at Lane Creek and my old friend hits a beautiful draw that hits a couple feet in front of the flag and trickles in for his first ace. His son was there to witness his Dad's first ever hole in one.  Pretty special day for both of them.  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I've shared this one before but am always happy to do it again...

It was Father's Day as well, just after my son John's 11th birthday. We had decided that he was getting good enough to move back to the Men's tees.

It was a windy day and three was a 160 yard par 4 over the water. It was going to be a stretch for him to carry the water so I told him to move up. "No way Dad!" So before I could get down to him from my tee he's got his fairway driver out, throws a ball on the ground, lines a low snaky fade that just carries the water and grabs the slope of the green heading back to where the pin is. Clunk! Hole in One!

The hole was in a bowl, The groups coming down2, off the 2nd green and on the 4th tee all saw it! One of them owned the local trophy shop. He took his information and had a ball holder made for him. He's 30, the ball and trophy are in his house to this day.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

awesome stories!

Me too - been within a couple inches several times, bounced off the pin, etc.

A couple hole-out eagles from further out than the average par 3, but that's as close as I've been.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/LibertyBallMarkers

Only had one and it was the only hole in one recorded on that hole. Went to the RSM classic last year as a guest of RSM and got to play Plantation and Seaside on Saturday and Monday. Start on the back 9 on Plantation and play half decent for not having played for a few weeks. We get to #1 which is normally a par 4 that for the day they certified as a par 3 and had a closest to the pin contest for Birdies for the Brave. Six closest to the pin get into the shootout later in the day at Seaside.

I play first and change from gap wedge to PW and decide to hit a 3/4 knockdown. As soon as it left the face the guys in my group started saying get close. Ball hit two feet short of the pin, bounced six feet past and spun into the cup. First ace ever.

Now for the contest. Essentially it was one swing from 175 on #18 at Seaside and an ace was worth $1M. Sounds fun enough. They tell me to get to the range by 3:30 to warm up and when I get to the range my bag is up there with a name tag on my range stall. CHIII was next to me and wondering how the hell I got on the range. Did an interview with Matt Adams before the contest and ended up spending most of that night hanging out with him and his wife.

Time for the contest. They usher us to 18 as soon as play was wrapping up for the day and we get to hit the shot into 18 with about 3k people watching and Matt Adams as the MC or court jester. DLIII came out and was standing behind us as we hit our shots and offered some advice. To make a short story long I hit 7 iron from 175 right over the top of the flag.....by 30+ yards and hit the tents behind the green. DLIII's tip to me was I should have hit a wedge.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

In more than 25 years of playing the game, I have yet to make a hole in one.  I have came as close as one can come without actually achieving the feat.  I have witnessed several, however.

The one that's most memorable was about 15 years ago at a now defunct golf course called Countryside, in Roanoke, Virginia.  I believe the property is now a soccer complex.  Anyway, I was a single and paired with an elderly gentleman in his early 80's who was an absolute pleasure to play with.  He was "full of piss and vinegar" as they say in this area and I say that affectionately.  Completely full of life with a million stories.  I enjoyed the day so much, we made it a regular Wednesday afternoon thing for the remainder of that summer. 

One Wednesday afternoon on a par 3, 99 yards from the senior tees, Elwood pulled his tee shot some 30 yards left of the green, up the hill toward a residential street.  It rattled around a tree for what seemed like an eternity, dropped straight down to the base of the tree, rolled down the hill, across the green, centered the flag stick and fell straight into the hole.  

Without missing a beat, Elwood turned and said "Well I'll be damned, the sun DOES shine on a dogs ass from time to time!"  

Thanks for the thread idea.  I hadn't thought about Elwood in quite a while.  Good memories.

That reminded me of one of my golf buddies. He's in his 70's, but acts 1/2 of that... Anyway, we play a run down par 3 course now and then, and one hot summer day, he aced 2 holes in the same round!

The first one was on the 82 yard #3, then we get to the 105 yard #9 and the old fart did it again!

My consolation prize from DLIII.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Never had one, and actually have never witnessed one either. I've been relatively close before hitting a couple to within 6 inches, but never actually hitting one. One day I hope!!

Keep the stories coming, this has been a fun read.

50+ years, and none, nor have I seen one happen.

I think you're all lying

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I also have a Par in one. 18th hole was a par 3, I hooked my tee shot up in the parking lot. Next shot landed on the side hill trickled down right to the bottom of the cup.

Still waiting on my first ace but played a hole similar to yours 15 years ago. Made 3 on a 340yd Par 4 after my conservative initial 3 iron tee shot clipped the cart path and kicked OB.

Have had half a dozen where a portion of the ball was actually hanging over the lip and another 50 within 6 inches. It's never going to happen.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Same hole as my original picture, 4 days later.

Out at a school in CT, almost got this one on the Pequot golf course. Pretty cool old track if you get a chance to check it out. Only hole I didn't like was the 90° turn par 4.

Both of those bounced past the hole and ran around the lip.

- Da Yooper

Damn... did it again today! Holed out for eagle from 142 on the first friggin' hole!

No hole in ones though...

Good enough in my book!!

I've only done that once, and it was a 30 yard pitch. One hop and dropped. Ok twice, the other was from the rough for eagle, 15 feet or so.

Still waiting for a 2 on a par 5. I

- Da Yooper

awesome stories!

Me too. Figure I'll have one after I win the lottery

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge