TESTERS WANTED! ×

Hole in One Stories

GolfSpy WD

I've had two; same hole... 122y and 134y.  Almost two others (less than a couple of inches) at different courses, both playing 190y.

Seeing everyone's comments on this is really neat because many are quoting distances, funny how you remember the detail of one shot. I can recall clubs, distances among other things about each one. Such a great game.

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Par 3 course or not that's a mess of hole outs, one might have to agree you may have used up all your luck. Hope one day you hole one out on a big course.

Percentage wise probably not. There is no telling how many rounds I had on that course. the 7th green was right beside our house and I would walk over and pitch and putt there. Actually that is where and how I developed my short game. I could walk over and start on the 8th tee. On the weekends the 9 hole regulation course would be crowded and hardly no one would be on the Par 3 so I spent a lot of time on it. In between cart duties I used to play #1 and #9 if I had a huge break I played 1,2,8 and 9. The last 2 days it was open I played the Par 3 numerous times trying to get to 200 but did not do it. We kept up with the count because I always tried to catch this one old man who played it all the time. He had a half swing due to an injury when he was young and played it with a 5 and 7 iron. Now he passed somewhere around 80 or 81 but he did have 205 HIOs on it. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I posted this some time ago, but I guess I can post it again.  My one and only (so far) HI1 came at a good Muni in Fairfax, Va. called Twin Lakes "The Lakes Course" number 6. This is a 165 yard par 3 with a bunker protecting the right front of the green. The group I played with would play 3 six hole "Team" matches based on handicaps, and stableford score for the team (bogie worth 1, Par worth 2 Birdie worth 3 Eagle worth 4 etc)

My partner and I are down by 6 points going into the last hole of this 6-hole match and I say to him "All we need to do is ace both of our shots and we can win this match!!!" We all chuckle and I get up to make my shot. Wind is blowing at about 10 MPH directly into us on this cool Saturday morning, rain threatening, and not many other folks on the course- I stripe a 5 iron which bores thru the wind and lands behind the lip of the bunker out of our collective site, but on line with the flag. One of our opponents says to me - "I think that went in..." I was not sure, but knew that I hit it well- I turn to my partner and say "OK, your turn" we laugh again, he proceeds to drop it in the trap on the front of the green. As we walk up, sure enough, my ball is in the hole! for my one and only Ace so far in my career! - needless to say we did not win that match and I still rib my buddy about it to this day, and I was lucky, as there were no other players in the clubhouse when we got there, so the round was not all that expensive!!!

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

I have had one HIO so far and that was when I was 16!! I remember hitting the shot and I thought it was way short, out of my mouth came Ahh S#%T!! and then it bounced on top of the hill and rolled toward the hole. You can't see the green from the tee as it's a bowl shaped green so I still thought I was short. You can imagine my surprise when I found my ball in the hole. It was also my 13th shot of the day and don't ask what I shot that day, I can't remember any of the rest of the round. I have seen another three and been within inches of a second.

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Having played for 20 years give or take, I've only been lucky enough to get close a few times =(

Still happy for birdies though lol

BigTazz

Chicks dig the LONG ball!

Follow me and #TeamLexi

#J_Wurz

#EthanSterlingPrice

#strokerAce

during the #CobraConnectChallenge

Twitter:  @bigtazzGOLF

Instagram: bigtazzgolf

Facebook: steve.rayburn

#PowerToThePlayer  #CobraConnectMGS

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I got my first one at 60 years old and then had another one on the same hole a year later.  Hang in their folks as it's never too late!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Got my 3rd one today!!  158y 7i.  First one came in 2000, 9 years after I took up this game.  Second one was in 2009.  So, 9 years for the first; 9 years for the second, and a little over 8 years for the third.  I hope I have 9 more years left!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I did it. It was depressing.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

And that would be why?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

And that would be why?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Click the link. I described it on another thread so I linked it instead of re typing the whole thing.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Got my 3rd one today!!  158y 7i.  First one came in 2000, 9 years after I took up this game.  Second one was in 2009.  So, 9 years for the first; 9 years for the second, and a little over 8 years for the third.  I hope I have 9 more years left!

Congrats on your #3 Ace!

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

That is awesome! Knock it down to 7 years for the next one, lol.

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

• 1 year later...

Greatest Feeling in Golf - A Long Putt Dropping in the hole for a Birdie! 

The Rarest Feeling is a Hole-In-One!

Love to Have All My New GolfSpy Friends Tell Us All Their Experience of Their Hole-In-One

I can remember my First, Even Though it was 60 years ago!

Can We Start A Hole-In-One Forum and enjoy all the bragging right stories? 

what is this 'hole in one' you speak of?

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I can guarantee you that when and if I get one I will be posting right after with pictures and painstakingly exact details of how it all came about! Until then I will enjoy reading others triumphs 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I have three.

First at Drumlins West in Syracuse. A blind uphill #4 that’s about 145. I made a double on the prior hole, tossed a ball on the ground without a tee and hit it. When I got up to the green I couldn’t find the ball.

Second on hole #5 at Turtle Creek Club in Tequesta. I was playing in a play with the pro tournament for ladies day. From 125 a nice wedge on a rope and pulled it back.

Third was at Adios in Deerfield Beach. Hole #7 a 210 yard par 3. Slam dunked a 3 iron. I thought I heard a “thwack” and our host sprinted to the green and found it. No ball mark and tossed me the ball.

Been close since then with one that landed 3” from a hole on a scramble.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Just one singular hole in one for me. As a matter of fact I had never even sniffed the flag before finally sinking the 174 yard Par 3 at Ko’olina Golf Club in Hawaii.

It was a Tuesday. I had a clear schedule so I called Ko’olina for a tee time. When I arrived to the course the parking lot was relatively empty which meant I’d probably be able to go out alone. Turns out the reason for the empty lot was a greens over sanding the guy I spoke to on the phone conveniently failed to tell me about. They offered a discount and assured me the ball was rolling just fine.

When a pulled up on the first Par 3 I was already 2 under Par and feeling very relaxed. Into wind and about 174 to the Flag positioned in the back of the green I pulled a five iron. I usually hit a relative low straight ball. This shot was no exception. As a matter of fact from the time it left my club head the ball never left the flag. It seemed like it was in the air forever heading straight towards the hole. One hop and slam dunk it was in. I immediately threw my club in the air celebrating my victory while slowly turning 360 degree only to realize not a single person witnessed my magnificence.

IMG_1859.PNG

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

None zero zip zilch. No hole in ones here

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

@NO SWEAT GOLF It’s really great that you’ve decided to start contributing to the forum. Despite having been a Spy 4 years fewer than you, I have witnessed half a dozen individual threads on this exact subject. In the future, please search the forum for previously introduced subject matter prior to beginning new threads.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

• 2 weeks later...

I have one and it was more than 10 years ago. Playing a local course Fox Hollow and on the second hole, it was about 140 yards (no range finder back then). 

It was windy so I hit a solid 9 iron and it landed right of the hole bounced once and then landed and turned straight left and into the hole. The green had a lip at the back so I thought it rolled off the back. My buddies were excited telling me it went in and I didn't believe them, I was sure it rolled off the back.

The 3rd tee is up a hill to the right of the green and the guys above us started going nuts. I was so shocked I actually got a hole in one I could only think to raise my arms up in the air lol.

Driver: Ping G25 10.5*
Hybrid 3/4: NIke Vapor Fly 20.5, 22.5
Irons: 5 to A Wedge: Mizuno JPX 850 Forged

Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60* Vokey SM4
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 3 (2017)
Ball: Bridgestone RXS
Bag: Callaway

My only hole-in-one was at the 2nd at the University of Missouri course in 1995. It was playing around 145 with a pretty strong left-to-right wind. The tee shot is uphill and you can't see the surface of the green from the tee. I was playing with one of my professors and we were paired with two girls from the golf team. Being in much better shape at the time (and younger), I pulled out my PW, started the ball well left. The combination of fade and wind started bringing it back nicely. When we get up to the green, I couldn't find my ball - I was looking in the rough long. One of the girls asked if I looked in the hole because it was coming back on line. Sure enough, it was in the hole.

I would have loved to be able to see it go in from the tee, but I will take it. The girls were actually more impressed that I hit a PW 145 than the fact that it was in the hole.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Archived