Sign in to follow this  
GolfSpy WD

Hole in One Stories

And that would be why?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Click the link. I described it on another thread so I linked it instead of re typing the whole thing.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Got my 3rd one today!!  158y 7i.  First one came in 2000, 9 years after I took up this game.  Second one was in 2009.  So, 9 years for the first; 9 years for the second, and a little over 8 years for the third.  I hope I have 9 more years left!

Congrats on your #3 Ace!

• Like 1

Got my 3rd one today!!  158y 7i.  First one came in 2000, 9 years after I took up this game.  Second one was in 2009.  So, 9 years for the first; 9 years for the second, and a little over 8 years for the third.  I hope I have 9 more years left!

That is awesome! Knock it down to 7 years for the next one, lol.

• Like 1

Greatest Feeling in Golf - A Long Putt Dropping in the hole for a Birdie! 

The Rarest Feeling is a Hole-In-One!

Love to Have All My New GolfSpy Friends Tell Us All Their Experience of Their Hole-In-One

I can remember my First, Even Though it was 60 years ago!

Can We Start A Hole-In-One Forum and enjoy all the bragging right stories? 

I can guarantee you that when and if I get one I will be posting right after with pictures and painstakingly exact details of how it all came about! Until then I will enjoy reading others triumphs 

I have three.

First at Drumlins West in Syracuse. A blind uphill #4 that’s about 145. I made a double on the prior hole, tossed a ball on the ground without a tee and hit it. When I got up to the green I couldn’t find the ball.

Second on hole #5 at Turtle Creek Club in Tequesta. I was playing in a play with the pro tournament for ladies day. From 125 a nice wedge on a rope and pulled it back.

Third was at Adios in Deerfield Beach. Hole #7 a 210 yard par 3. Slam dunked a 3 iron. I thought I heard a “thwack” and our host sprinted to the green and found it. No ball mark and tossed me the ball.

Been close since then with one that landed 3” from a hole on a scramble.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Just one singular hole in one for me. As a matter of fact I had never even sniffed the flag before finally sinking the 174 yard Par 3 at Ko’olina Golf Club in Hawaii.

It was a Tuesday. I had a clear schedule so I called Ko’olina for a tee time. When I arrived to the course the parking lot was relatively empty which meant I’d probably be able to go out alone. Turns out the reason for the empty lot was a greens over sanding the guy I spoke to on the phone conveniently failed to tell me about. They offered a discount and assured me the ball was rolling just fine.

When a pulled up on the first Par 3 I was already 2 under Par and feeling very relaxed. Into wind and about 174 to the Flag positioned in the back of the green I pulled a five iron. I usually hit a relative low straight ball. This shot was no exception. As a matter of fact from the time it left my club head the ball never left the flag. It seemed like it was in the air forever heading straight towards the hole. One hop and slam dunk it was in. I immediately threw my club in the air celebrating my victory while slowly turning 360 degree only to realize not a single person witnessed my magnificence.

IMG_1859.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

@NO SWEAT GOLF It’s really great that you’ve decided to start contributing to the forum. Despite having been a Spy 4 years fewer than you, I have witnessed half a dozen individual threads on this exact subject. In the future, please search the forum for previously introduced subject matter prior to beginning new threads.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have one and it was more than 10 years ago. Playing a local course Fox Hollow and on the second hole, it was about 140 yards (no range finder back then). 

It was windy so I hit a solid 9 iron and it landed right of the hole bounced once and then landed and turned straight left and into the hole. The green had a lip at the back so I thought it rolled off the back. My buddies were excited telling me it went in and I didn't believe them, I was sure it rolled off the back.

The 3rd tee is up a hill to the right of the green and the guys above us started going nuts. I was so shocked I actually got a hole in one I could only think to raise my arms up in the air lol.

Edited by Gravitykillr
  • Like 1

My only hole-in-one was at the 2nd at the University of Missouri course in 1995. It was playing around 145 with a pretty strong left-to-right wind. The tee shot is uphill and you can't see the surface of the green from the tee. I was playing with one of my professors and we were paired with two girls from the golf team. Being in much better shape at the time (and younger), I pulled out my PW, started the ball well left. The combination of fade and wind started bringing it back nicely. When we get up to the green, I couldn't find my ball - I was looking in the rough long. One of the girls asked if I looked in the hole because it was coming back on line. Sure enough, it was in the hole.

I would have loved to be able to see it go in from the tee, but I will take it. The girls were actually more impressed that I hit a PW 145 than the fact that it was in the hole.

• Like 1