TESTERS WANTED! ×

Does anyone walk anymore?

I walk with the guys on Monday and Wednesday.  It's good therapy for my knee replacement.  After my wife gets off work on Thursday and Friday, we ride.  We also ride on the weekends.

I tend to play better early in a round when walking, but better later in a round when riding.  I guess I get tired walking those last few holes.  The front nine is hilly; the back nine, not so much.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I always walk unless the cart is included in my green fee

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Just wondering if there any walkers left. I recently returned to the joys of walking the course. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the idea of leaving the cart behind and playing in a much more relaxed state of mind. Also, it seems to me that I play better when walking. Anyone else enjoy putting one foot in front of the other when playing?

I just started walking in the past couple of months. I really enjoy it. I walk with a Clicgear 3.5. Walking allows me to stay in the zone and think about my next shop as I am walking up to it. I think riding in the cart distracts you from the game, although faster. I walked Nob North, a Gary Player course, in Dalton, GA last Tuesday. I shot a 40 on the front 9. That's my best 9 hole score far.Image1494385779.216332.jpgImage1494385779.216332.jpgImage1494385779.216332.jpg

WITB:

Callaway Epic 10.5 Fujikura shaft (dialed down to 9.5 with a slight draw bias)

TaylorMade Slider 3 wood

2017 TaylorMade 3-4 hybrid

2017 M2 irons 5-AW

Vokey SM5 54&58 wedges

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5

Bridgestone B330-S

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:cobra-small: King F8 9 deg w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 stiff shaft

:callaway-small:  XR 16 3 Wood S Flex

:cobra-small:  Fly-Z 3/4 Hybrid S Flex

:cobra-small:  King F7 One Length 5-PW S Flex

:cleveland-small:  CBX Wedges 50, 54, & 58 deg wedge flex

:cameron-small:  Select GoLo Putter

That's all I do these days. I feel like I get stiff and slouchy on the carts.

Sure you can zoom through rounds when the course is empty, but I'm trying to enjoy my time out there, been helping my concentration.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

That's all I do these days. I feel like I get stiff and slouchy on the carts.

Sure you can zoom through rounds when the course is empty, but I'm trying to enjoy my time out there, been helping my concentration.

The only time I prefer carts is when the course is crowded and play is really slow.  I am not a stand around, waiting guy.  I like to keep moving at a steady pace.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I still do lots of the time, a good percentage of the tournaments I play still make walking mandatory.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I prefer walking. It was one of the factors in selecting my club - that they permit walking (albeit carry only, no pushcarts). There are only a few of us here, the vast majority are riders, but we enjoy it and would not be happy if walking was banned.

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

I certainly understand why people prefer walking over riding in a cart.   I would if I could.   So I ask for understand that there are some old coots with health considerations, such as myself.  My doctor suggests that I sit as much as I can.   If I tried to walk, it would be like the old joke-it took a while to play today, it was hit a shot, drag the Wahoo, hit a shot, drag the Wahoo.

I prefer walking. It was one of the factors in selecting my club - that they permit walking (albeit carry only, no pushcarts). There are only a few of us here, the vast majority are riders, but we enjoy it and would not be happy if walking was banned.

Why no push carts? Im sure push carts are less harmful to the fairways and greens and encourages golfers to walk.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Why no push carts? Im sure push carts are less harmful to the fairways and greens and encourages golfers to walk.

MDGolfHacker

I've never asked although I assume it is probably a storage/logistics consideration rather than an on course issue. Most guys keep their bags at the club - I guess I can see that allocating additional space, hauling up bags and pushcarts as well as cleaning them all after the round, might be more trouble to get organized than the perceived member demand, especially seeing as the club doesn't really encourage walking.

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

Walk for me! I love the walk up to my ball, gives me time to relax and think about my next shot

In a cart, feels like I'm rushed

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Cart rentals may represent significant revenue to many courses.   There are some courses where its mandated.   I've also noticed that the courses I played years ago, the distance from the green to the next tee was not that much.   Now it seems that on a lot of courses that I play the walk to the next tee can be rather lengthy, especially courses weaving through a community.   If walking was allowed, this could impact the speed of play, which is a whole other problem.

i'm trying to walk more, i still take a cart on long hilly course. there is pluses and cons to both. Hard to carry your Beer when walking and less social too. Hate paying the extra $$ thou for the carts.

Now I'm going to make you walk more! I have witnesses.

I'll be up for walking more once I sort out my knee issues, but I walked 18 on Sunday without a major catastrophe, so there's a bonus. I'm all for walking, I definitely think I play better and you can absolutely enjoy the course more. 

We usually do a good job of carrying our beer regardless....

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

I walk 95% of the time.  Great workout.  My club allows push carts and is very walkable, so most people walk. 

What's in the Bag:

Driver - Titleist TS2 11.5, Diamana 70 Stiff Flex

FW - Callaway Razr X 3 Wood

Rescue - Taylormade Rocketballz 4 Rescue

Irons - Callaway Apex CF19, Nippon S. Pro 1050 GH, Stiff Flex

Wedges - Titleist Vokey S4 48, 52, 56, and 60

Putter - Odyssey OWorks Marxman

I am just the opposite of many of those who have posted in that I tend to play better when I ride. Not sure why that is, but some of my best rounds the last couple of years have been while riding.

That being said, I walk the majority of the rounds I play.  I don't carry any more, I rely on my push cart, but I thoroughly enjoy walking.  My home course is great for walking and I find it to be a great way to some much needed exercise in. Sometimes I even jog a bit between shots to get the heart rate up. I feel like the round feels more genuine when I walk, not to mention I can take some time to enjoy the nature around the course. 

I do tend to ride at new courses, but I only play a handful of rounds at new courses each year.

:mizuno-small: ST180 w/Tensei CK Series Blue 60 Stiff
:callaway-small: Epic Flash 3w w/Project X HZRDUS Smoke 70 Stiff
:callaway-small: Epic Flash 5w w/Project X HZRDUS Smoke 70 Stiff

:titelist-small: 818 h2 w/Tensei Pro Series White 90 Stiff
:srixon-small: z545 (5-PW) w/ KBS C taper 120

:cleveland-small: RTX-3 CB 50/54/58 degrees

:seemore-small: FGP Original

:taylormade-small: Project a

I miss walking and reading some of the posts I think I am going to get back to that. I remember when I walked it was not only more enjoyable but I definitely played better.

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Now I'm going to make you walk more! I have witnesses.

I'll be up for walking more once I sort out my knee issues, but I walked 18 on Sunday without a major catastrophe, so there's a bonus. I'm all for walking, I definitely think I play better and you can absolutely enjoy the course more. 

We usually do a good job of carrying our beer regardless....

you're the one that's had the bummed knee recently. I'm all for walking as much as possible. Will make the the wife happy i'm getting more exercise as well too.

Driver - Ping G5 10.5

3W & 5W - Taylormade aeroburner 

Irons - Cobra Amp cell 4-GW 

Wedge - Titleist Volky 60deg

Putter - Odyssey V-7 tank superstoke long grip

Walkers

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--ZtvnMlMDcs/Usr205F1wiI/AAAAAAAAPYU/B2JGrSPBOgg/s1600/walkers-photo-walking-dead.png

It's the only way i can afford to play regularly. I joined where you pay $700 for the year and walk for free. That's even cheaper than golfnow if you play more than once a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: TM M1 9.5*

4W: Wishon bent FLAT

Irons: Mizuno MP20MB

Wedges: 50/55/60 Mizuno

Putter: Evnroll ER2

I walked close to 100 rounds last summer with my clicgear 3.5.  I enjoy it alot, and it keeps me in shape.  My golf belt last year, dropped 8 belt sizes (30lbs) as you can see.  Even had to make a few new holes, lol.  Playing 50 games of Hockey in the winter doesn't get me in shape like walking for golf.

October 17, 2016 40051 PM CST.jpg

:callaway-small: Paradym 9 degree Driver

:wilson-small: DYNAPWR 3 wood

:callaway-small: Apex 21  PW-4 Iron

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:vokey-small: SM6 62 Degree   

:EVNROLL: ER2 Putter

I probably walk between half and 2/3 of the time, and carry my bag.  On rainy days, handling towels and umbrellas and other stuff can get to be a pain, so I generally ride then.  Same when it gets to be mid-90s, that's a bit too hot for me to survive comfortably.  One thing I prefer with a walking foursome is that you get to interact with all of the guys.  With a cart, you primarily interact with only your cart-partner.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I WANT to walk, but most of my rounds are league rounds or tournaments so carts are required. On casual rounds I might try to walk (but hasn't happened yet).

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I live in the desert so we don't get much rain, but on days that looks like we might get a shower before the round is over, I carry and umbrella to mount on the cart.  Yesterday was a nice warm sunny day, and I walked with the guys I usually play with during the week.  I was thinking it might be a good time to start putting the umbrella on the bag for shade!!