TESTERS WANTED! ×

Does anyone walk anymore?

Heres mine with a tour bag adapter. Maybe this is what you're looking for. attachicon.gif20170525_151527.jpeg

Whoa!  That's great... where'd you find that adapter?

I've tried to create my own "adapter" using different items and haven't had any luck.  My idea is to keep the bottom of the bag where it is and just 'push' the top of the bag forward - exactly what this adapter is doing.  

I like it!!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I very much enjoy walking when I play.  It just seems to be more fitting to me.  I don't carry anymore though, I use a Bagboy Quad XL (a big more upright than most carts) to wheel my gear around the course and I really find that be most the enjoyable way to play.  It also helps me settle into a round better for some reason.  Fortunately the two courses I play most of my rounds at are both very walker friendly.  There is something about walking the course on a beautiful day.

That being said, I find that many of the better courses encourage if not require riding.  On top of that, there are a lot of courses around me that are just no fun to walk because there are so many changes in elevation throughout the terrain and tee boxes are not even close to the greens preceding them.  Because of those factors I do tend to ride a decent amount when I am not playing at my home course. 

:mizuno-small: ST180 w/Tensei CK Series Blue 60 Stiff
:callaway-small: Epic Flash 3w w/Project X HZRDUS Smoke 70 Stiff
:callaway-small: Epic Flash 5w w/Project X HZRDUS Smoke 70 Stiff

:titelist-small: 818 h2 w/Tensei Pro Series White 90 Stiff
:srixon-small: z545 (5-PW) w/ KBS C taper 120

:cleveland-small: RTX-3 CB 50/54/58 degrees

:seemore-small: FGP Original

:taylormade-small: Project a

Almost all the time, use an 18yr old Hillbilly electronic trolley,  they are well worth it, you dont have to push pull or carry.  And Hillbilly has great customer support.   

Three, Albatross'

Three Holes in One

Plus, when I was 5 the first ball I ever hit on a golf course went in the hole, so I have that going for me.

My bag is a mish mash of Srixon drivers, cobra and adams fairways, TA1 irons and Hopkins wedges, plus a Cure putter.  

Heres mine with a tour bag adapter. Maybe this is what you're looking for. attachicon.gif20170525_151527.jpeg

Love the seat!!! Been considering one of those .. during the Summers around here it can get awful s-l-o-o-o-o-o-w............

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I don't get it.... they make the course so it's a challenge to walk... (do carts bring in that much extra revenue?) and then when you take a cart they tell you to use the 90 degree/cart path only rule.

Maybe they shouldn't charge so much for the cart fee....that is a bit of a scam.

"do carts bring in that much extra revenue?"

Yes. If they can get the same cart out 2 or even 3 times a day .. times number of carts .. times the number of playing days .. adds up in the aggregate to a whole lotta $$$...

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Every round unless it's not recommended due to course layout

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G400MAX Driver 10.5* w/ Kuro Kage S

:callaway-small:  XR16 3W w/ MF AT S

:callaway-small:  XR OS 19* Hybrid w/ FS Evolution II 565

:titelist-small:  4-PW AP3 w/ TT AMT Black

:vokey-small:   SM6 50.8 F w/ TT Dynamic Gold

:callaway-small: MD3 56.12 W w/ TT Dynamic Gold

Tommy Armour Impacty Series #3 Alignment Putter

Ogio GROM Black

The only time that I ride is when I am with my daughter (2 years old) or with my Grandpa. I prefer walking for the most part. It is great exercise and allows me to enjoy the game to the fullest. However, for some reason this season I have played better while riding. Which is in contradiction to what I have done in years past. Maybe I just need to hoof it more and get into better shape!

Love the seat!!! Been considering one of those .. during the Summers around here it can get awful s-l-o-o-o-o-o-w............

The seat attachment is a must have imo for the clicgear. In men's league everyone laughed the first time they saw it attached to my pushcart but after a few long waits during a hot kansas day they only look at it in envy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a dedicated walker.  I have, in the past, even paid the full green fee, that included cart, and still walked.  Without walking it isn't much of a sport.  At my home course, especially in the mornings, it looks like a shriner's convention with the carts running to and fro.  Being the radical bugger that I am I always thought houses on golf courses should be illegal, or the occupants must be willing to allow you to walk/play through their property, without any whining!!!!!!  

I have played a few courses that were basically walking only.  They were great!  The play was faster.  The players generally better.  And you didn't have all the drinking and driving on the course!

I have had to play out of a cart, mostly in resort areas.  Usually adds 5-10 strokes to my game.  

I think if all of those riders, with the exception of the elderly & disabled, had to walk they would be a lot more careful about how they played.  They couldn't just zip into the woods to find their ball.  They might rethink what they are doing.  Might just get better.  

I have now exposed myself as a walking snob....  I guess I am.  Imagine how much healthier all of us would be if we walked the course....every time.  I do so 3-5 times a week, and if this gimpy asthmatic can do it, anyone can.

What about the courses designed for riding, ones with tee boxes sometimes up to 200 yards from the previous green ?

I don't play them. There are a few nice courses really close to me that I never play because they are designed for cart play.

You are right though, here in the Bay Area all the newer courses are what I like to call resort courses. It seems they cater to those who come here for vacation and want to ride. When living in the East Bay I mostly played Tony Lema, Metropolitan, or Skywest; all great walking courses. Now living up near Napa my selection of courses have been limited as most of the nice courses like Chardonnay and Eagle Vines are definitely built for cart golf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Still walking at 73.  My honey keeps me hiking trails in Colorado on some of my off-golf days. That helps keep my legs in shape for my golfing days and keeps me in touch with the allure of nature.

Hate it that so many of newer courses were built to discourage walking. 

Spoiler

Jim L

Just moved back to the north east. You have to walk, they call it " Trail pass" $800.00 per year at many of the not so nice course we have.That just for the cart, many have primary driver rule as well, total BS. 2500.00 to 3500.00 per year for what use to cost me 1550.00. Unlimited range, play and cart some had food requirements by many didn't in the Midwest. 

I just have to pay up or walk, just bought a new Clicgear 3.5 works well.

Wonder why tee times are VERY easy to get at 9am...hummmm. 

Sorry, but 108 degrees in Phoenix today. Walking is not on the agenda. With the high degree of joint pain that I deal with from years of sporting activities, I view golf as a relaxing drive through life. I fully appreciate the walkers, as I once was, but today I proudly drive my cart, listen to music and enjoy my playing partners company.

Driver: Ping G25 10.5 degrees, Tour S-flex

5 Wood - Ping G25 18 degrees, 3 wood shaft, Tour S-flex

7 Wood- Ping G25 21 degrees, Tour S-flex

Hybrid - Ping G25 23 degrees, Tour S-flex

4 iron - Ping G2, Z-Z65 shaft, white dot

PW - 5 iron- Ping I3, Z-Z65 shaft, white dot

56/60 degree - Ping M/B wedge, Z-Z65 shaft, white dot

All with I3 gold gripsPutter - Nike Core Method Drone 44†(aka “The Assassin).

Golf Ball - Pro VI

• 2 weeks later...

I played Fathersday, the course had free carts for fathers, I left the deal behind and walked. Am planning to play tonight and will walk

Driver Taylor Made M2 Ping G 3 wood 14.5 loftPing G hybrid 19Hogan Radial 3-PW(forged circa 1989)Evnroll ER2, Golf bag, old and worn out circa 1989

I played Fathersday, the course had free carts for fathers, I left the deal behind and walked. Am planning to play tonight and will walk

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

I walk everywhere I can. For some reason it seems that golf course designers do not want to design courses to walk any more. I am sorry but if you put several hundred yards from Green to tee you don't actually know how to design a course.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB

Paradym *** set to 8* with ventus black 7x

Paradym *** 5 wood 18* with linq purple x 

TaylorMade p790UDI (1st gen) 2 iron bent 1* weak with graphite design tour AD shaft

Callaway Apex pro 4-pw kbs tour v x stiff shafts

TaylorMade milled grind high toe 50, 56(bent to 55) and 60* 

Odyssey seven s versa putter at 32.5 " 

I like to walk. My shoulder, hip and back hate it. None of my buddies will walk... for similar reasons. I can play for $330.00 a year, as much as I want, if I walk. If I ride, it's $12.00 for as many holes as I can play on weekends.

I might get a decent push cart and start walking when I play alone.

I walked 9 with my push cart today. In that course I usually walk if I am playing alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Bean putter

I like to walk. My shoulder, hip and back hate it. None of my buddies will walk... for similar reasons. I can play for $330.00 a year, as much as I want, if I walk. If I ride, it's $12.00 for as many holes as I can play on weekends.

I might get a decent push cart and start walking when I play alone.

Yes .. get a nice push cart! And try a round walking with your buddies - personally I find it an advantage to go directly to my own ball (and not be driving around all over and back and forth).

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

I've never seen anyone walk at any of the courses I've played here in Florida (Tampa area). But I wouldn't walk in the summer here even if I could. The winter (October-May) is our prime golf season and it is so busy then they probably wouldn't let you walk to keep everything rolling. I think the course would have to be laid out for walking in mind personally. A lot of the courses here wind through neighborhoods, and it's a decent ride on a cart between holes sometimes. But I'm fairly new to this so I could be wrong. I would happily walk if it saved me $10-$15 per round like it did when I played occasionally in Virginia 20 years ago.

"Never thin, always fat"

WITB

TaylorMade Burner 3.0 Driver

Callaway X-hot 3 hybrid

Ping G400 4 hybrid

Ping G Series 5-SW 

Taylormade Z-Spin 56° Wedge

Tommy Armour Impact 3 Series Blacked Out Putter

A pile of dashed hopes and dreams

Push carts really help make walking easier.  When playing 9 holes carrying my bag is not that hard but for 18 holes they are going to be on a push cart.  Saves a ton of wear and tear on the shoulders.  When I was struggling with golfer's elbow I know that pickup up the bag after every shot did not help.  

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

Verojoe

I walk all the time. I have better rhythm and focus. Fortunate my private club allows walkers and does not force carts. One of our 18's is a great hike and really get's the heart going. I use golf as a form of exercise and will walk until age stops me.

Golf is always a good walk in the park.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Just got a push cart and have played twice so far. I find it more calming during the round, gives me more time to think about my next shot. Plus it's also good exercise.

Only problems I have run into are I go though more gloves from sweat now. Which really isn't a problem because I have a ton of them. The other one is I haven't figured out how to carry sand around to fill my divots.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I enjoy walking the course some, but summer in Texas is not exactly conducive for walking. On the weekends it is definitely riding a cart, but on those rare weekdays, like tomorrow, I hope, I will go out and walk. But this time of year, 9 holes is about my limit on walking.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I prefer to walk and get the earliest tee time available. I love playing when the grass is still wet and the sun is still rising - there's just a certain calmness that exists in the morning and it helps me relax and enjoy the day more.

Here lately however, I have been golfing after my graveyard shift and will take a cart to prevent fatigue and help me play just a little faster so I can go home and go to bed. Hoping to land a new job soon and get back behind my push cart.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Just got a push cart and have played twice so far. I find it more calming during the round, gives me more time to think about my next shot. Plus it's also good exercise.

Only problems I have run into are I go though more gloves from sweat now. Which really isn't a problem because I have a ton of them. The other one is I haven't figured out how to carry sand around to fill my divots.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

What brand push cart?  Some of them have a sand bottle accessory.  Unfortunately, my old Sun Mountain cart doesn't.  I tried to mount one of the bottles from a cart at the course, but I never got it to fit right.  Fortunately, I don't take much of a divot in our hard turf, but there are some out there that I would like to fill, especially the one I was last in!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My buddy's club has sand bottles made to hang from just about any pushcart. It's an old Donald Ross course, designed to be walked, and most of their play is walking. Very civilized.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino