TESTERS WANTED! ×

Does anyone walk anymore?

What brand push cart?  Some of them have a sand bottle accessory.  Unfortunately, my old Sun Mountain cart doesn't.  I tried to mount one of the bottles from a cart at the course, but I never got it to fit right.  Fortunately, I don't take much of a divot in our hard turf, but there are some out there that I would like to fill, especially the one I was last in!!

I got the Caddytek EZ. Clic gear is the only one that I see that makes one especially for there cart. There are some other ones that I saw that mount to the tubing that I will give a try.

I always walk and carry, although I am really considering going to a push cart. I've been researching a bit to see which cart would work best with my Caddie Bag.

On the topic of carts, I went up to the club yesterday and they had an outside tournament going on which necessitated bringing in extra carts, which happened to be gas. Now, normally it is electric carts only and wow, what a difference with all these gas carts zooming around. So much noise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

I always walk and carry, although I am really considering going to a push cart. I've been researching a bit to see which cart would work best with my Caddie Bag.

On the topic of carts, I went up to the club yesterday and they had an outside tournament going on which necessitated bringing in extra carts, which happened to be gas. Now, normally it is electric carts only and wow, what a difference with all these gas carts zooming around. So much noise.

you'll be amazed how much better you feel when you don't lug around those clubs for 18 holes!  I used to carry and switched to a push cart years ago and what a relief!!  

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

you'll be amazed how much better you feel when you don't lug around those clubs for 18 holes! I used to carry and switched to a push cart years ago and what a relief!!

I used to use an older style pull cart but I preferred to just carry my bag when I went to the range so I just ditched it altogether. I actually felt better carrying for 18 than pulling a cart. Pulling is never comfortable but I guess that's why push carts are more popular.

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

For me playing golf is a two fold endeavor, one the game and two the exorcise. So carrying just increases the exorcise factor. I consider that work higher priority than the game. I got a Ping Hoofer to replace my 30 year old bag, hope to try it out tonight. First impression is that two shoulder straps do spread the load out better than one.

Driver Taylor Made M2 Ping G 3 wood 14.5 loftPing G hybrid 19Hogan Radial 3-PW(forged circa 1989)Evnroll ER2, Golf bag, old and worn out circa 1989

I used to use an older style pull cart but I preferred to just carry my bag when I went to the range so I just ditched it altogether. I actually felt better carrying for 18 than pulling a cart. Pulling is never comfortable but I guess that's why push carts are more popular.

Yeah...I didn't really like the pull style either.  Kind of felt like your arm was being slowly pulled out of your shoulder socket.  The push style are much nicer and the 3 or 4 wheelers take little to now effort to move along.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I prefer to walk and get the earliest tee time available. I love playing when the grass is still wet and the sun is still rising - there's just a certain calmness that exists in the morning and it helps me relax and enjoy the day more.

Here lately however, I have been golfing after my graveyard shift and will take a cart to prevent fatigue and help me play just a little faster so I can go home and go to bed. Hoping to land a new job soon and get back behind my push cart.

... Funny how golf works for different people. I hate playing in th morning when it is wet and still chilly. I much prefer twilite and watching the sun set, not rise. I played in an outing in Myrtle Beach many years ago and averaged 86 in the morning and 73 in the afternoon. Everyone was betting and my morning partners were not too happy with me LOL. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

... Funny how golf works for different people. I hate playing in th morning when it is wet and still chilly. I much prefer twilite and watching the sun set, not rise. I played in an outing in Myrtle Beach many years ago and averaged 86 in the morning and 73 in the afternoon. Everyone was betting and my morning partners were not too happy with me LOL.

Afternoon "golden hour" is the best.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

Some of our Millennial Golfers WALK, but seldom TALK because they are too busy texting, checking facebook, or taking a selfie.. :P . 

Kind of funny when they walk into trees or fall into fairway bunkers because with their heads down, focused on a smartphone, they often don't see where they are walking!... :lol:

millinnials.jpg

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Fairway/Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 15* Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" - VP-90 Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Hybrid Wedges: :cleveland-small: 2011 Niblicks 42*PW, 49*DW, 56*SW - Stock

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: :bettinardi-small: BBX-81 Blade - Stock Bettinardi Steel Shaft 

... I have a remote controlled MGi Navigator Gyro cart and although expensive, it pays for itself over and over again if you play 3+ times a week. And walking the course without carrying or pushing is a real treat. I have had a remote controlled cart since my first back surgery in '95 and could not imagine playing without one. 

I walk 95% of the time depending on course layout, hilly courses have me riding and if I am playing in real feel temperatures of 100° I will ride.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

No doubt that Post #315 came from a proud Baby Boomer... :mellow:

Fact is, I probably COULD play golf without my smartphone, but being the typical Millennial that I am, I just don't want to!..  :blush:

SO, MR MILLENNIAL..    strikeanerve.jpg

millinnials.jpgWhich one is YOU jlukes!... :lol: 

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Fairway/Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 15* Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" - VP-90 Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Hybrid Wedges: :cleveland-small: 2011 Niblicks 42*PW, 49*DW, 56*SW - Stock

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: :bettinardi-small: BBX-81 Blade - Stock Bettinardi Steel Shaft 

I like to do both. I typically walk when I go out by myself and it's very peaceful. Good for the soul. When I'm with friends, carts are always fun and it's usually a round of 18 and we enjoy a few adult beverages. I love the balance. Get two different, but both great experiences.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:taylormade-small: M1 2017 10.5°  (Project X HZRDUS T1100 6.5 75g, Golf Pride CP2)
:taylormade-small: M2 2017 3W 15° (Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5 75g, Golf Pride CP2)

default_cobra-small.jpeg.2311ad26bb4cabebf0f635266eee64f0.jpeg King Tec 21° dialed to 20° (Mitsubishi MMT 80x)
:mizuno-small: Pro 223 PW-6, 225 5-4 (Project X LZ 6.5 125g, Golf Pride CP2)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 52° F-grind,  56° M-grind, 60° L-Grind
:taylormade-small: TP Black Copper Juno

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy twilight golf as well - hell golf any time of day is fine with me! - but the early morning rounds just have a different atmosphere that suits me much better. Interesting to hear how different your results were between the morning and afternoon rounds. I don't think I've played particularly better or worse at any time of day. As long as I feel rested and my body feels loose, I tend to play half decent golf (by my standards).

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Yes.  I walk at least 70% of my rounds.  I prefer walking when the course and those I'm playing with allows. For whatever reason, I tend to play better when I walk. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Unless if I'm riding with my dad I'll always put my clubs on the passenger side and walk while the other drives. My back gets too tight from sitting too much and I need to keep moving to keep the muscles loose.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Unless if I'm riding with my dad I'll always put my clubs on the passenger side and walk while the other drives. My back gets too tight from sitting too much and I need to keep moving to keep the muscles loose.

... Right there with ya. When playing with my wife on vacation we alternate driving/walking with her driving the odd # holes and me driving the even # holes. 

I'd like to walk and would enjoy the exercise while I'm at the age and in the shape to do it. BUT the local courses end up including the cart in the price and almost makes no sense not to use it. Keeps things quicker so I'm no gone too long from the wife and kids.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M2 D-Type, 9.5 degrees, (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

3/4W -  :cobra-small: King F6 Black 3-4 Wood (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4H -  :callaway-small: Rogue (Stiff flex) (Stock grip) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4-AW -  :callaway-small: Steelhead XR Irons (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grips, 7i with Winn Dri-Tac X Grip) 

SW -  :callaway-small: 56* X-Wedge

60* -  :callaway-small: MD4 Wedge

Putter - Odyssey White Hot RX #7

Bag -  :callaway-small: ORG 14 cart bag

My men's group walks 18 , 3 times a week and the 9 hole group 50/50 walk/ride. Great work out but summer heat is thinning the herd. Front 9 number is lower back nine, ? Fall and winter it is great.

I prefer to walk, but have started riding when playing 18 since my first child entered the picture. 90% of my rounds I'm the first one on the course. Driving keeps my playing time down, which means I'm back sooner and my wife is willing to tolerate more outings  :D

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

Ive rode all year until last Saturday when I broke out my new Clicgear cart. Play better I think until last few holes but that will get better as I build stamina. I was getting lazy in a cart with my beverages and munchies. Have a couple hunting trips coming up I beed to ge in bettet shape for.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I've been walking and carrying for years but just broke down and bought a push cart. I have a problem with my left hip from an old hockey injury and decided to just make it a bit easier to trek the course.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

Ive rode all year until last Saturday when I broke out my new Clicgear cart. Play better I think until last few holes but that will get better as I build stamina. I was getting lazy in a cart with my beverages and munchies. Have a couple hunting trips coming up I beed to ge in bettet shape for.

After 4 months I can say that walking with a push cart is the way to go...even @ 67.  Much more relaxing and enjoyable -- even had a 3 some in carts ahead of us tell us that we kept up with them the whole day...which we did.  

"There is not such thing as a bad day on the golf course!"

After 4 months I can say that walking with a push cart is the way to go...even @ 67. Much more relaxing and enjoyable -- even had a 3 some in carts ahead of us tell us that we kept up with them the whole day...which we did.

Thank you for mentioning that!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I always walk when i play in comps and I alway play better. As soon as I sit it a cart i get really lazy and start playing pretty bad! Me and my mate can play 18 on a Sunday arvo walking and get round in 3 hours easy

Walking all the way for me!

I've played quite a bit in the States and I don't understand why electric trolleys aren't used more widely. 

In Scotland it is unusual for people to use carts. At my home club we have a total of 6 and these are mainly used by visitors and surprisingly the younger members (under 30s). Even the seniors you see out playing i.e. post 70 year olds walk. There is a group of 20 of them that play every day at 10am.

I very rarely use a cart and have an electric trolley for competition days and use a carry bag when I go out after work. 

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag