Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Does anyone walk anymore?

My drive to work cuts across the local club. I wouldn’t say riding carts out here in Denmark aren’t used since I’ve seen them offered, but I never see anyone using them. More push the cart rather than carry. All ages.

I gotta say, when everyone’s out pushing the cart and using their umbrella attachment, for some reason it reminds me of this.

image.jpeg.c15f5d2939492fefa7ccf7d9deefd5b5.jpeg

Picture this, only it’s a golf course with golf carts and umbrellas.

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

I walk with my MGI trolly 4-5 times a week. My course is very hilly and provides me 7 miles of exercise. 

Played golf for over 50 years until my health and business calendar reduced my time to less then 5 rounds a year. Then 4 years ago I retired, changed my diet and lifestyle, lost 100 pounds and got back on the course. Its been a struggle but things are getting better.

I always walk. Or about that.
If playing a serious comp and wanting to stay fresh + I don't plan to play any stupid-crazy-one-in-a-million shots, then I use my manual push cart. I also do that when it's raining torrentially or super hot as that allows the use of the big brolly without having it in hands.

Rest of the time (90% of the golf I play): walking and carrying... much better for health, you can easily get to any ball with all your clubs, you don't lose time "parking" or suddenly realizing that you need something from your bag when it's 40 yards away, and so on.

Only time when I wish I was ridding? When there's super long distances between holes, but even then, the walk has great therapeutics properties, in the sense that it helps you really "move to the next hole" even if you eagled or badly bogeyed the previous one.

Aim small... pray to miss small

My bag: Ping hoofer lite. My driver: Nike Vapor Pro. 4w: Inesis 500. Hybrid: Nike Vapor Flex. Irons (4-PW): Takomo 301 combo on KBS tour X. Wedges: Vokey SM7 52° and 58°. Putter: Cleveland Classic HB1. Balls: Inesis Tour900 yellow.

Started walking 2 years ago. Bought a 3 wheel cart to take a load off the 60 year old back. Overall goes well. Couple summer days 90def 90humidity and I am whipped. Relatively hilly courses in foothills.

I visited a course and tried to walk, it was 300-500 yards between first 3 of 4 holes. That ended quickly.

Driver FW - Titleist 917

Irons 4 to 8 - Titleist T300 2° flat

Irons 9 to wedges - George Nicoll Royal musclebacks 70s vintage

Putter - Scotty Cameron Select blackout

I prefer to walk.  I find it helps keep me loose gives me more time to flush a bad shot.  The only times I take a cart are if it’s required or I’m playing golf with my wife.

Taylormade Sim 9.0

Taylormade sim2 13.5

Srixon z irons

SM8 Vijay wedges (54,58)

Odyssey Double Wide putter

Taylormade TP5

I would like to walk but my knee prevents me as its very fatiguing try to push a cart for 18 holes. As I would really like to walk, I do harbor hopes of getting an electric remote cart one day, if I can ever find a used one or a really good deal on one...a bit out of my price range right now🤔

There's a full size 9 hole course about 15 minutes from my house. Every year, I hear they are going to sell that course and turn it into housing lots. But so far so good. It's a great walking course. I have a Clicgear 3.5+ and I really enjoy the chance to take a long lunch now and then and get a nice walk in. I'll play it as many as 20 or more times per season. 

I think courses of that ilk are getting fewer and farther between. I get it though, it's all about the revenue. 

I got a bag full of Cobras.... Well, not the putter... yet.

That is all I do and will be doing it for as long as I can. I play 75 rounds per year and am 71 years old. Walking helps keep me fit

Mitchell Heller            

All lefty

Taylormade Stealth Plus - KBS TD 50 gram Regular flex. Sometimes Autoflex 405

Taylormade Stealth 3HL Fairway wood - Ventus Red Regular flex

Taylormade Stealth 4 and 5 hybrid Ventus Red Regular Flex

PXG 28 degree hybrid KBS TGI 70 Regular flex

Taylormade P790 6,7,8,9,P 3 degrees flat - Ventus Red Regular Flex

Taylormade MG3 50  and 54 degree 3 degrees flat - Ventus Red Regular Flex          Taylormade MG 60 degree - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Shaft

LAB MEZZ 1 putter

OnCore ELIXR 2020

Pretty much every round locally is a walk and carry round. Just feels right and the two strap bags with more ergonomic design are really very light and comfortable. Usually ride when playing with my 83 yr old dad or a course that requires carts. 

:cobra-small: LTDx 9 degree driver HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 60 gr 6.0

:cobra-small: LTDx 3 wood HZRDUS Smoke IM10 Green 60 gr 6.0

:callaway-small:Callaway Apex UW 19 degree HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 70 5.5

:Takomo:Takomo 101T 4 to PW KBS Tour regular

:wilson_staff_small:Wilson Staff 50 degree Gap

:vokey-small:Vokey SM9 54.12D Sand and all-around the green

:vokey-small:Vokey SM9 58.12D lob and sand

:nevercompromise-small: Voodoo

:maxfli:Maxfli TourX

I prefer to walk versus a cart.  I need to get my steps in.  I also feel it is more relaxing way to play the game 

Driver: :cobra-small:  Rad Speed Graphite Design IZ 7 Stiff shaft 

FW: :cobra-small: Rad Speed 3w Graphite Design IZ 7 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :cobra-small: Rad Speed 3h & 4h UST Recoil ESX 480 Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: 22 Forged Tec  KBS $ 120 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM 8 54* & 60*

Putter: :cobra-small: King Vintage Nova 40

Ball: Vice pro

Other: :Arccos:

Play two-three times a week usually except in winter. I'm 75 and walk unless 1) course is seriously unwalkable -- either terrain or distance between holes, 2) visiting a new place with friends who drive, 3) when on vacation. Cart path only for carts is usually terrible and time-consuming & usually can't walk those courses. Try to avoid making times when cart path only is only choice.  Happily home course has 3 nines, has hills but reasonable, walkable, interesting, and never have to ride...

I prefer walking but probably use a driving cart 1/3 - 1/2 of the time. I also play better when I walk. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

Every time I can -- I wish every course would let you walk or was laid out so that you could.  My only concession to convenience was converting my cliqgear push cart to an electric cart with the Alphard V2.  Didn't realize just how much I would enjoy that.

WITB

Driver:    :titelist-small: Titleist TSi3 w/ HZRDUS RDX Black6.0, A1 setting

Fairway:  :titelist-small:  Titleist TSi3 15* with HZRDUS RDX Black 6.0, 1/2 short, A4 setting

Fairway:  :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW, 19* with HZRDUS RDX Black

Irons:.   :taylormade-small: Taylor Made P790 4-9 with KBS Tour Flt 120 Stiff shaft

Wedges:.   :vokey-small:Titleist Vokey SM9, 50, 56 with KBS Tour stiff shaft

Wedges:.   :vokey-small:Titleist Vokey SM7, 60* with Tour Flt stiff shaft

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Odyssey Ten mallet

Ball:.  :titelist-small:  Titleist Left Dash Pro V1x

Grips:. Golf Pride MCC+4, 3 wraps

The only way to play if you can walk.  I walk in our 9 hole league every week and then any other clubs that allow walking.  The club that I belong doesn't encourage walking because of the topography of the course and the distance between green to tee but walking is my preferred way to play the game.

My Club is a 9hole played all year round, everyone walks bar one Gent who has a ride on buggy, I think cart golf is still reserved to the big ticket clubs in Scotland £££.

I always carried and moved to a 3wheel trolley for comp days.

Callaway XR Driver - Aldila NV Green Shaft 55g Stiff

Taylormade M2 3 Wood

Mizuno T-zoid 2 iron

Taylormade M2 4 Hybrid

5-AW Lynx #BB,

Ping Sigma 2 - Tyne Putter

I play 150+ rounds per year. Unless it's a club tournament or outing that requires a cart, I prefer to walk. 

My impression is most golfers that are serious about posting a good score prefer to walk. When I think of playing form a cart, I immediately envision some millennial hacker with a bluetooth speaker, a cooler full of beers, and a 25 handicap, playing "Bro Golf". Bro, did you see that shot? Bro, this song rocks. Bro, I crushed that drive...into the woods.

Golf was invented as a walking sport. If you need to take a cart, fine, I'm just not playing with you.

image.png.94f13df8145a5d3d3e8432352619fb85.png

Love walking! Have always walked 9 holes with a push cart on League evenings, but rode 18 holes on the weekends/special events/etc. My bad right knee has made me apprehensive about walking 18 holes. My Wife surprised me this Christmas with an Alphard Club Booster V2 😍 so I don't have to push my cart, so I will try walking 18 this season.

It's not about how well you're playing, but who you're playing with.

For me, it depends on what the rest of my day entails. If I'm trying to squeeze a quick 9 during the day with lots of responsibility later on, I will absolutely take a cart and zip around the course in 90min.

If I have the luxury of taking my time--kids are taken care of, no pressing familial or professional responsibility--I will walk with my push cart.

I've also found that when playing in a 4-some, walking is much quicker because everyone goes to their own ball and can think about what they want to do during the walk. It's why the term "cart golf" was invented.

:srixon-small: Z785 9.5° |

:taylormade-small: M5 3W |

:nike-small: Sq Dymo^2 5W (just can't quit you) |

:taylormade-small: P790 4-AW |

:cleveland-small: RTX 4 56/60° |

THEE :odyssey-small:White Hot OG Rossie (2006)

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

There's a whole industry out there offering push carts. Understanding there are some golfers who have physical limitations that precludes walking, that there are some courses that are built on mountainsides, and a few mandate golf cart use ($), I believe the option to walk affords the player to experience the full experience of the game. Go for a remote controlled version? No excuse.

Titleist TSi2 Driver

Titleist TSi2 3 Wood

Titleist TS Hybrid

Wilson Staff C300 4-PW

Titleist Vokeys 48-54-8

Ping Putter

I played yesterday and walked as part of a threesome. We were the only group walking and we caught the group in front of us. They were a foursome in carts and waited on them the whole day..Walkers on the course has become  a rare sighting.

Yes I enjoy walking the course and carrying my sun mountain lightweight stand bag. I grew up as a caddy when I was a teenager. My father worked at the golf course so I had the first tee time every Saturday and played with the same group when the sun came up. After the round worked until dark with my father.

WITB:

MALTBY TS2 irons Mizuno 54* mpt11 wedge Inazone 58* wedge

MALTBY KE4 tour driver  Ray Cook putter M1X

Integra #3 fwy.  SMT #5 fwy.

Nothing better for the mind and soul than waking & carrying!! If the bag gets to be took much one day.....will buy a lighter bag and carry less clubs. I'm also thinking that the continued development of a versatile and fully adjustable single club will mean that I can get out there just carrying one club and a sleeve of balls in my pocket! Seen a few on the market over the years, but have not tried one yet....maybe I'll check it out in '23!

Driver - Titleist TSi3 9.0  (Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.0)

3 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15 (Ventus Blue 7S)

5 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19 (Ventus Blue 7S)

Irons - Titleist T100s 4-PW + 49 (KBS $-Taper)

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM9 54D (KBS 610) & 58M (KBS 610)

Putter - Titleist Scotty Cameron - Phantom X 11.5

Ball - Titleist Pro V1 & Taylormade Tour Response (Blue/Pink Stripe)

I primarily ride when playing, and will be doing mostly riding this year again I would assume. My soon to be 6 year old will be joining me for many rounds this summer, and it would be hard for us to keep a good pace of play if we walked. As he gets older, we will probably do more walking. Also, the majority of individuals that play at the course I am a member at use carts.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

I walk unless I'm in a foursome with buddies and everyone is adamant about riding. Could be completely mental but I've always felt like I golf better when I walk and I know I'm a lot more focused on each shot when I walk.

Ian Lydon

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9.5

3W: Cobra LTDx

3H: Callaway XR 16 Pro

Irons: Titleist T100 (2023) PW-6, Titleist T200 (2023) 5-4

Wedges: Sub 70 (52 and 58 Tester)

Putter: Ping Anser G2

I'm a walking 'snob' - For the life of me unless you have physical limitations I can't understand anyone that drives a cart. I'm getting more snobby as time goes on as my mind wanders that the best golfers always walk, and it's the 'hackers' that play less than 10 times a year that cart....

They're always slow, drive the carts where they shouldn't, side-to-side, back and forth, geezus drives me bonkers!!

(PS: Once again, fully understand those that have physical limitations and you are excempt from my rant)

#bangolfcarts

- Ian

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S) 
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S) 
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

I walked for about 40 years and started riding about 10byears ago when my knees wouldn't take the stress walking put on them.  We can golf all year in the Pacific Northwest but as winter is the rainy season everything is cart path only.  I found riding only saved me about 2,000 steps over walking in 18 holes (for those counting them!) and the path is ALWAYS on the wrong side of the fairway.  My knees were ok even with that amount of walking, most likely because I got to sit between shots.  I've lost 35 pounds so this year I am back to walking but a pushcart is a necessity and it will probably have a seat to give the knees that periodic break.

GPS111

The only time I ride in a cart is during a tournament or during league play.  I play 70+ rounds per year and enjoy the golf, exercise, and money saved from walking.  

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

I'm doing my first year walking since I was a junior. Got a sun Mountain Speed Cart and it's really awesome, makes walking much easier

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black

Titleist TSi2 18 Degree Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Hexcel

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball 10 

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

Titleist Pro V1x and Vice Pro Plus