Does anyone walk anymore?

Our Sponsors

I walk with my push cart as much as possible. No way I am dragging my bag around the course without at least that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen1 0811X 12° driver w/Project X Evenflow Blue 55g shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 19° 3 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft
:tour-edge: Bazooka Platinum 23° Ironwood w/UST for TE graphite shaft
:tour-edge: HL4 5-6 Ironwood w/UST for TE graphite shafts
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 Tour+ irons 7-GW w/UST Competition Series graphite shafts
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact #3 putter

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wondering if there any walkers left. I recently returned to the joys of walking the course. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the idea of leaving the cart behind and playing in a much more rel

Rule breaker...

I’ve started walking this season. I hadn’t since moving to Florida 14 years ago. I was tired at first but now it’s a piece of cake. I honestly forgot how much fun it was to walk. I may have to bac

Posted Images

Here in the SF Bay Area, most of the courses built during the past 30 years were built for riding, including long distances between the greens and tee boxes.

The older courses were built with the greens and tee boxes near each other, and those are suitable for walking.

... I found the same thing the 6 weeks I spent in Phoenix. Crazy distances from greens to the next tee box. And even the courses that allowed walkers like Ocotillo had all the holes roped off with no openings for push carts. I tried walking Aka Chin and the paths off the tee boxes were so beat up with deep cracks or heavy sand it was impossible to get my electric cart to the fairway without extreme effort that defeats the purpose of walking. I had to get a riding cart for the back 9. 

• Like 3

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Orange 60s
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 7s
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Tensei Pro Orange 80 hy s-flex
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 110 s-flex 4 iron shaft
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

... I found the same thing the 6 weeks I spent in Phoenix. Crazy distances from greens to the next tee box. And even the courses that allowed walkers like Ocotillo had all the holes roped off with no openings for push carts. I tried walking Aka Chin and the paths off the tee boxes were so beat up with deep cracks or heavy sand it was impossible to get my electric cart to the fairway without extreme effort that defeats the purpose of walking. I had to get a riding cart for the back 9.

Really a shame.... That's why I prefer, when possible, older and/or more natural style layouts that are conducive to walking.

Unfortunately, though, that does not seem to be where the majority of golfing demand is............

• Like 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

I walked 9 with my push cart yesterday playing alone. Everyone else I saw on the course was riding.

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen1 0811X 12° driver w/Project X Evenflow Blue 55g shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 19° 3 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft
:tour-edge: Bazooka Platinum 23° Ironwood w/UST for TE graphite shaft
:tour-edge: HL4 5-6 Ironwood w/UST for TE graphite shafts
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 Tour+ irons 7-GW w/UST Competition Series graphite shafts
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact #3 putter

We generally golf playing a scramble format within our group and we all ride. I think it helps us with pace-of-play for sure. If I were to walk, I'd need to look into getting a hoofer bag and maybe even a push cart since my DLX bag is quite big and heavy. It was made for a cart after all... ;)

• Like 1

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Really a shame.... That's why I prefer, when possible, older and/or more natural style layouts that are conducive to walking.

Unfortunately, though, that does not seem to be where the majority of golfing demand is............

I don't get it.... they make the course so it's a challenge to walk... (do carts bring in that much extra revenue?) and then when you take a cart they tell you to use the 90 degree/cart path only rule.

Maybe they shouldn't charge so much for the cart fee....that is a bit of a scam.

• Like 1

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

We generally golf playing a scramble format within our group and we all ride. I think it helps us with pace-of-play for sure. If I were to walk, I'd need to look into getting a hoofer bag and maybe even a push cart since my DLX bag is quite big and heavy. It was made for a cart after all... ;)

I use a Ogio cart bag with my push cart and it works fine.  The cart goes well enough on it's own and I don't really feel the "extra" weight.

I played with 3 other guys on Sunday morning...they had carts, I walked and I didn't really notice a pace-of-play issue.

• Like 1

StrokerAce

I want a pullcart that holds the clubs completely vertical at 90 degrees...every pullcart I've had including the one I have now lay the clubs down making it a pain to remove them.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Heres mine with a tour bag adapter. Maybe this is what you're looking for. 20170525_151527.jpeg
  • Like 4

Heres mine with a tour bag adapter. Maybe this is what you're looking for. attachicon.gif20170525_151527.jpeg

Whoa!  That's great... where'd you find that adapter?

I've tried to create my own "adapter" using different items and haven't had any luck.  My idea is to keep the bottom of the bag where it is and just 'push' the top of the bag forward - exactly what this adapter is doing.  

I like it!!

• Like 1

StrokerAce

I very much enjoy walking when I play.  It just seems to be more fitting to me.  I don't carry anymore though, I use a Bagboy Quad XL (a big more upright than most carts) to wheel my gear around the course and I really find that be most the enjoyable way to play.  It also helps me settle into a round better for some reason.  Fortunately the two courses I play most of my rounds at are both very walker friendly.  There is something about walking the course on a beautiful day.

That being said, I find that many of the better courses encourage if not require riding.  On top of that, there are a lot of courses around me that are just no fun to walk because there are so many changes in elevation throughout the terrain and tee boxes are not even close to the greens preceding them.  Because of those factors I do tend to ride a decent amount when I am not playing at my home course. 

• Like 1

:mizuno-small: ST180 w/Tensei CK Series Blue 60 Stiff
:callaway-small: Epic Flash 3w w/Project X HZRDUS Smoke 70 Stiff
:callaway-small: Epic Flash 5w w/Project X HZRDUS Smoke 70 Stiff

:titelist-small: 818 h2 w/Tensei Pro Series White 90 Stiff
:srixon-small: z545 (5-PW) w/ KBS C taper 120

:cleveland-small: RTX-3 CB 50/54/58 degrees

:seemore-small: FGP Original

:taylormade-small: Project a

Heres mine with a tour bag adapter. Maybe this is what you're looking for. attachicon.gif20170525_151527.jpeg

Love the seat!!! Been considering one of those .. during the Summers around here it can get awful s-l-o-o-o-o-o-w............

I don't get it.... they make the course so it's a challenge to walk... (do carts bring in that much extra revenue?) and then when you take a cart they tell you to use the 90 degree/cart path only rule.

Maybe they shouldn't charge so much for the cart fee....that is a bit of a scam.

"do carts bring in that much extra revenue?"

Yes. If they can get the same cart out 2 or even 3 times a day .. times number of carts .. times the number of playing days .. adds up in the aggregate to a whole lotta $$$...

Love the seat!!! Been considering one of those .. during the Summers around here it can get awful s-l-o-o-o-o-o-w............

Use that code before the 7th & at $60 they take off 15%. You'll have to buy something else also. Lol

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Every round unless it's not recommended due to course layout

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

:ping-small: G400MAX Driver 10.5* w/ Kuro Kage S

:callaway-small:  XR16 3W w/ MF AT S

:callaway-small:  XR OS 19* Hybrid w/ FS Evolution II 565

:titelist-small:  4-PW AP3 w/ TT AMT Black

:vokey-small:   SM6 50.8 F w/ TT Dynamic Gold

:callaway-small: MD3 56.12 W w/ TT Dynamic Gold

Tommy Armour Impacty Series #3 Alignment Putter

Ogio GROM Black

The only time that I ride is when I am with my daughter (2 years old) or with my Grandpa. I prefer walking for the most part. It is great exercise and allows me to enjoy the game to the fullest. However, for some reason this season I have played better while riding. Which is in contradiction to what I have done in years past. Maybe I just need to hoof it more and get into better shape!

• Like 1

The seat attachment is a must have imo for the clicgear. In men's league everyone laughed the first time they saw it attached to my pushcart but after a few long waits during a hot kansas day they only look at it in envy.

• Like 2