verojoe

Does anyone walk anymore?

Our Sponsors

I walk every round possible.  Great for my health and I enjoy the game more when I do.

Nothing worse than riding up to your ball and having to sit and wait

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Tour AD BB 6X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
Putter ?????
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

I walk when I can. I'm actually on the hunt for a lighter bag so I can regularly walk my hilly course.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

I usually only ride for charity tourneys or if pretty much required by the course to keep pace of play up. It's all about having a good pushcart… Thanks MGS

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Accra TZ5 Proto 65 M5 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Tour Blue 75X 

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :cleveland-small:  CBX 4i - 9i, TT DG S300 HS 1x

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX 45.8, 50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S300

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Just wondering if there any walkers left. I recently returned to the joys of walking the course. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the idea of leaving the cart behind and playing in a much more relaxed state of mind. Also, it seems to me that I play better when walking. Anyone else enjoy putting one foot in front of the other when playing?

Funny you should say that  - I told my wife recently I want to start walking the course. Need to get a pull cart first however.  When we were in Australia this winter, we played two courses - walked both - didn't even see a cart on the course. My wife reported that on one course she had 19,000 steps and on the other 24,000 on her fitbit. 

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

Walked every time I played except at Tournaments where carts were mandatory. Unfortunately 5 years ago at age 65 I tore meniscus in right knee while walking and carrying bag at the time. Not fun. Went to Doc had it checked out and got the news that I will need a knee replacement in near future. So for right now I'm using my cart and will for foreseeable future.

Lucky that we do live in a cart development with over 50,000 carts at last check a few years ago.

Bottom line I'm over 70 and my walking 18 is over. Maybe after my replacement I'll walk 9.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Yes, usually am walking. Especially in the NW--when it is wet (large stretches of the year) it is often cart path only which takes away a lot of the benefits of having a cart.

• Like 1

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Usually walk, rarely ride a cart. I enjoy the course more walking and that leads to playing better in my opinion. I started walking because my wife told me that if I wanted to play golf, I need to walk for the exercise.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :cobra-small: F9, Project X Evenflow White T1100, 6.0 

3 wood:  :cobra-small:  F9, Fujikura Atmos blue,

3 hybrid:   :cobra-small:   F7 19.5 degree stiff flex

Irons: 4-pw   :mizuno-small:  JPX 919 KBS C-Taper  Lite shafts

Wedges:   :cobra-small:   King Black 50, 54, 60 degree KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Putters:  Odyssey O-Works  1w 34" w/ Superstroke counterbalanced Pistol GT 2.0 grip

I walked 36 today. Took a cart for a 3 hole playoff, but only because we had to go searching for open holes on a packed course.

• Like 2

i'm trying to walk more, i still take a cart on long hilly course. there is pluses and cons to both. Hard to carry your Beer when walking and less social too. Hate paying the extra $$ thou for the carts.

Driver - Ping G5 10.5

3W & 5W - Taylormade aeroburner 

Irons - Cobra Amp cell 4-GW 

Wedge - Titleist Volky 60deg

Putter - Odyssey V-7 tank superstoke long grip

I walk with the guys on Monday and Wednesday.  It's good therapy for my knee replacement.  After my wife gets off work on Thursday and Friday, we ride.  We also ride on the weekends.

I tend to play better early in a round when walking, but better later in a round when riding.  I guess I get tired walking those last few holes.  The front nine is hilly; the back nine, not so much.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I always walk unless the cart is included in my green fee

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Just wondering if there any walkers left. I recently returned to the joys of walking the course. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the idea of leaving the cart behind and playing in a much more relaxed state of mind. Also, it seems to me that I play better when walking. Anyone else enjoy putting one foot in front of the other when playing?

I just started walking in the past couple of months. I really enjoy it. I walk with a Clicgear 3.5. Walking allows me to stay in the zone and think about my next shop as I am walking up to it. I think riding in the cart distracts you from the game, although faster. I walked Nob North, a Gary Player course, in Dalton, GA last Tuesday. I shot a 40 on the front 9. That's my best 9 hole score far.Image1494385779.216332.jpgImage1494385779.216332.jpgImage1494385779.216332.jpg

WITB:

Callaway Epic 10.5 Fujikura shaft (dialed down to 9.5 with a slight draw bias)

TaylorMade Slider 3 wood

2017 TaylorMade 3-4 hybrid

2017 M2 irons 5-AW

Vokey SM5 54&58 wedges

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5

Bridgestone B330-S

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

:cobra-small: King F8 9 deg w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 stiff shaft

:callaway-small:  XR 16 3 Wood S Flex

:cobra-small:  Fly-Z 3/4 Hybrid S Flex

:cobra-small:  King F7 One Length 5-PW S Flex

:cleveland-small:  CBX Wedges 50, 54, & 58 deg wedge flex

:cameron-small:  Select GoLo Putter

That's all I do these days. I feel like I get stiff and slouchy on the carts.

Sure you can zoom through rounds when the course is empty, but I'm trying to enjoy my time out there, been helping my concentration.

• Like 1

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Rogue 9*, UST chrome 7F5T 

Fairway:     :taylormade-small: M5 3 wood, UST chrome 7F5T

Irons:        :titelist-small: TMB 3i &  :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     :titelist-small: Voke SM7 LTD Jet Black 

Putter:       :bettinardi-small: Queen Bee #9

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

That's all I do these days. I feel like I get stiff and slouchy on the carts.

Sure you can zoom through rounds when the course is empty, but I'm trying to enjoy my time out there, been helping my concentration.

The only time I prefer carts is when the course is crowded and play is really slow.  I am not a stand around, waiting guy.  I like to keep moving at a steady pace.

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I still do lots of the time, a good percentage of the tournaments I play still make walking mandatory.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I also like walking and feel I play worse when I ride. I also hate guessing at what clubs I may need if it's cart path only.

Although I must say I don't mind riding when it's 2.5 hours to sunset and I can get a full 18 in.

I prefer walking. It was one of the factors in selecting my club - that they permit walking (albeit carry only, no pushcarts). There are only a few of us here, the vast majority are riders, but we enjoy it and would not be happy if walking was banned.

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

I certainly understand why people prefer walking over riding in a cart.   I would if I could.   So I ask for understand that there are some old coots with health considerations, such as myself.  My doctor suggests that I sit as much as I can.   If I tried to walk, it would be like the old joke-it took a while to play today, it was hit a shot, drag the Wahoo, hit a shot, drag the Wahoo.

• Like 2