Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Does anyone walk anymore?

3 hours ago, sporter said:

I recommend both. I have both on my Clicgear and could not imagine the V2 without the front wheel conversion. Is maneuvers so well. Besides the cart, the V2 wheel conversion was the best money I have spent. If you have not seen it put on, I can send you pictures of mine.

Yes please, I would like to see them. Cheers mate 

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

On 2/28/2023 at 8:41 AM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Usually there is a release switch located on each drive wheel where you can disengage the rear wheel from the drive sprocket. Pull the lever slide the wheel out a little bit and push the lever back down. At least my Motocaddy works this way. They actually say not to try to push it while engaged. 

My MGI Navigator has the same - an axle position for the wheel to rotate freely, if the battery fails for whatever reason. Another thing I found was that bug repellant spray can be sprayed onto the axle, if pushing is difficult or squeaky - it makes a good emergency lubricant!

On 2/27/2023 at 2:28 PM, Bang60 said:

Nice setup, what worries me is if the battery dies it’s hard to push and I tried to push one but quit after 2 holes..  

I charge both of these right after we play. They take about 3 hrs to charge back to full. Both of them are lithium and will run about 27 holes even with all of that stuff on them. I have never had one die, but you can disengage both of them from the motor and go to free wheel mode if you need to push them. I do this when heading to the driving range from the parking lot. Our course is a little hilly also. 

Cart: image.png.50e429cab7658fa55a7699ecf1a9bc3b.pngElectric Cart Tek 1500

Driver: :ping-small: G430 LST  10.5  Mitsubishi Kai Li white 60 stiff

3 wood: :ping-small: G430 15 Mitsubishi Kai Li white 67 stiff

3 &4 hybrid:  pxg-logo.gif.f353978c9ce9413281f838c1a44b4b8e.gif0311 Gen 5 Mitsubishi MMT 80 stiff

Irons 5-GW:  pxg-logo.gif.f353978c9ce9413281f838c1a44b4b8e.gifPXG Gen 3 0311T Steelfiber 115 

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 6’s gw 50.8, sw 56.8, lob 62.8)

Putter: :odyssey-small: O-Works Red Versa #7S slant neck

Ball:  vice golf.png Vice Pro bridgestone_logo.jpg.4e27c12bc4cae05babb1372e71a3f149.jpg RXS

21 hours ago, sporter said:

Nice units, both of them.

You can purchase the conversion kit to upgrade your V1 to the V2 for about $250.

I didn't know that. I wonder what it does to improve it?

3 &4 hybrid:  pxg-logo.gif.f353978c9ce9413281f838c1a44b4b8e.gif0311 Gen 5 Mitsubishi MMT 80 stiff

Irons 5-GW:  pxg-logo.gif.f353978c9ce9413281f838c1a44b4b8e.gifPXG Gen 3 0311T Steelfiber 115 

Ball:  vice golf.png Vice Pro bridgestone_logo.jpg.4e27c12bc4cae05babb1372e71a3f149.jpg RXS

On 2/24/2023 at 10:56 AM, Ryan Schnetzer said:

The other component of this I feel needs to be addressed is the stigma associated with using a pushcart. I would be interested to hear what others say about this. Some courses and people tend to look down on those that use push carts.

For those folks, I suggest that they visit Scotland and watch the locals.  Most of the natives in the "home of golf" use either a standard "trolley", or a motorized one.  I realize there's a stigma in the US at some places, and I hate to generalize, but those people are snobs, in my book.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

9 minutes ago, Gopokes14 said:

This is from their site.

You can now upgrade your V1 and get all the new features in the V2!

6 axis gyroscope to keep the cart going straight on side slopes

Integrated Bluetooth to connect with accessories like the TFS

More power, more torque, more efficient firmware

Electronic parking brake on hills

Include V2 remote - smaller, lighter with bigger buttons with internal rechargeable battery lasts for 5 rounds

App enabled for firmware upgrade, customisation, and backup remote

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

20 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

This is from their site.

Include V2 remote - smaller, lighter with bigger buttons with internal rechargeable battery lasts for 5 rounds

App enabled for firmware upgrade, customisation, and backup remote

Oh wow! A lot of improvements. Thanks for that info.

1 hour ago, Gopokes14 said:

Here is what the upgrade does, as well as, what is included.

App enabled for firmware upgrade, customization, and backup remote.

IMG_1100_1800x1800.jpg?v=1604040753

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

For those folks, I suggest that they visit Scotland and watch the locals.  Most of the natives in the "home of golf" use either a standard "trolley", or a motorized one.  I realize there's a stigma in the US at some places, and I hate to generalize, but those people are snobs, in my book.

... I have never run across a stigma although I don't play at private CC's very often. But I really could not care less what some Judge Smails thinks of a motorized cart. in fact I would relish using one in their presence and order them a free bowl of soup after the round. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

23 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

@cnosilmentioned earlier about some underlying conflict between walkers vs riders.

..imho one of the main things is the unending pace of play discussion; that is .. in general .. riders think that walkers slow up the course while walkers think that riders slow up the course ... 🤷‍♂️

I tend to think riders will slow things down a bit however that is purely anecdotal as I don't usually see older, or seasoned, players that hit it all over the lot walking and carrying and expending more energy, unless they want more steps in their workout.     Maybe they are out there but not in my experience, will try to pay more attention to that this season.  

Good hand action comes from good body action.     

:macgregor-small:  :benhogan-small: :cobra-small:

I walk whenever I can. The only time I don’t is if I am playing with friends and they all want to ride. I love my pushcart. Like others have said, I play better when walking. I am a little more focused and reading what my surroundings are like more when walking.

Edited by MuniGolfer

Driver: Ping G425 LST, Otto Phlex UST MP5 or GD AD-TP 6X

3 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@16 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder

5 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@20 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder 

4i Hybrid: Titleist 913h (@24 deg), Diamana Blue Board hybrid

Irons: Taylormade P790 (5-6) & P770 (7-AW), KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 1x)

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 TW grind 56 (@55) & 60, KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 2x)

Putter: Sacks Parente 91 aka "The Duke", 34 inches

Ball: Taylormade TP5

After we all retired, my cul-de-sac group started walking our muni 2 times a week (unless heat index is 100+). It’s been great and more enjoyable. We think we play quicker because we are not driving the cart all over the course to find our errant shots. lol

Edited by Wildcat Bill

• 2 weeks later...

I miss walking, but its also been so long I don't know how well I'd fare. I'm old enough to remember most courses offering basic pull carts for rent for like a dollar.

I believe the lack of walking is a significant factor in the pace of play problem. With walking, all golfers walk directly to their ball and prepare to hit. With riding, more often the cart drives to each ball one at a time. Granted a lot of newer modern courses are designed to ride and nearly impossible to walk (can you imagine the walk in from 18 at Payne's Valley?) but the average flatter public should encourage walking, especially the ones who try to push the limit on tee time intervals.

Driver:  Wilson Staff Cortex 9* Atmos Blue 6

3 Wood: Walter Hagen AWX

5 Wood:  Walter Hagen AWX

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade Aeroburner 

Irons 5-AW: TaylorMade Aeroburner HL 

Sand Wedge:   Wilson Harmonized 56*

Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown 34"

• 2 weeks later...

Finally carts (push) allowed on the course! I don't mind having to carry, but the cart saves my body so much. 

Really happy it's back to this and hoping to get a few rounds in this week. Nice to note i have yet to see a riding cart at this course too. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

2 hours ago, silver & black said:

🙄

Sorry but I have to disagree.  Carts have been around on courses longer than almost all of us have been playing.  If you follow the course rules and playing conditions they don't ruin anything any more than a few thousand walkers or mowers cutting can do.  If it is cart path only, stay on the path.  If a 90 degree rule, use it.  It is not the carts but inconsiderate drivers that can "ruin" the course.  

Conversely, I've seen more mowers and groundskeepers "ruin" the course as well.  Poorly cut, deep piles of clippings left on the course, edges of bunkers driven over and cut by mowers and I can go on.  So add "bad course maintenance" to the inconsiderate cart users. 

"Ruin" a course cuts both ways.  In the end, what they do to a course can all be fixed.  And for what it's worth I've never seen a cart ruin the edge of a hole like hundreds of foursomes can.

Edited by GPS111
Grammar

GPS111

I have been walking the last 12 years with my Clicgear 3.5 and I am finally thinking of getting the V2 for my cart

I Play in SW WA and in the PDX area

I like to walk, I have a Clicgear with all the accoutrements and I am considering getting a V2.

2 hours ago, GPS111 said:

If you follow the course rules and playing conditions they don't ruin anything any more than a few thousand walkers or mowers cutting can do.  If it is cart path only, stay on the path.  If a 90 degree rule, use it.  It is not the carts but inconsiderate drivers that can "ruin" the course. 

... I actually agree with both of you. It takes a cart for the inconsiderate to do damage to the course. Like many things in America it is amazing how many azzhats I see abusing their privilege. There are a plethora of reasons to use a cart. Physical reasons top the list as do mountain courses and those with long walks from green to tee. I have also heard recently that some that walk for their daily job like to relax in a cart on the weekend. That was a new one for me and makes complete sense. 

... But my biggest pet peeve is the ignorance, stupidity and complete carelessness I see from far too many that park their carts on the grass around the tee box. Saving what? 2 steps max but killing the grass. Same thing around greens. Why anyone would not just keep their carts on the path is just mind bogglingly selfish and inconsiderate. I used to play with a Greenskeeper of a nice course in Chicago and he said that's why you have to rope off tee boxes and greens. In a study they found when there is a worn spot, cart drivers carelessly but subconsciously drive on it. When questioned they didn't even realize they were doing it. Which is just another way to say selfish. 

... Of course alcohol is a contributing factor. No reason anyone can't enjoy a round riding in a cart and drinking responsibly while caring for the golf course. But we all know that is far too often not the case. As always my theory of most everything in life boils down to, are you a considerate or an inconsiderate person and that answers most questions about poor behavior. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Caddie anyone?? 

Driver - Titleist TSi3 9.0  (Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.0)

3 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15 (Ventus Blue 7S)

5 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19 (Ventus Blue 7S)

Irons - Titleist T100s 4-PW + 49 (KBS $-Taper)

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM9 54D (KBS 610) & 58M (KBS 610)

Putter - Titleist Scotty Cameron - Phantom X 11.5

Ball - Titleist Pro V1 & Taylormade Tour Response (Blue/Pink Stripe)

3 hours ago, GPS111 said:

Sorry but I have to disagree.  Carts have been around on courses longer than almost all of us have been playing.  If you follow the course rules and playing conditions they don't ruin anything any more than a few thousand walkers or mowers cutting can do.  If it is cart path only, stay on the path.  If a 90 degree rule, use it.  It is not the carts but inconsiderate drivers that can "ruin" the course.  

Conversely, I've seen more mowers and groundskeepers "ruin" the course as well.  Poorly cut, deep piles of clippings left on the course, edges of bunkers driven over and cut by mowers and I can go on.  So add "bad course maintenance" to the inconsiderate cart users. 

"Ruin" a course cuts both ways.  In the end, what they do to a course can all be fixed.  And for what it's worth I've never seen a cart ruin the edge of a hole like hundreds of foursomes can.

Ummm..... yea. I think that's why I bolded the "ruin the game" part and responded with the roll eyes emoticon.

I am 73 and always walk and carry my bag. I have run to stay in shape for years until a medical condition that has since been fixed stopped me. Now when I run my back hurts and feels compressed vertically. I can bicycle though. Resting pulse is 55, one more than when in my 20s.

Callaway 816 Alpha DBD driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, Alpha 815 3 hybrid, RAZR X Forged cavity back irons 3-AW, 54-14 MD4 wedge, Maltby MS+ wide grind 60 degree lob wedge, 37 inch Rife Swithback Two putter. All clubs overlength - 47 inch driver, 45 inch 3wood, 44 inch 5 wood, 41 inch 3 hybrid, 39.5 inch 5 iron with other irons in line with that. All clubs graphite shafted and X-flex except flex of putter.

15 hours ago, chisag said:

... I actually agree with both of you. It takes a cart for the inconsiderate to do damage to the course. Like many things in America it is amazing how many azzhats I see abusing their privilege. There are a plethora of reasons to use a cart. Physical reasons top the list as do mountain courses and those with long walks from green to tee. I have also heard recently that some that walk for their daily job like to relax in a cart on the weekend. That was a new one for me and makes complete sense. 

... But my biggest pet peeve is the ignorance, stupidity and complete carelessness I see from far too many that park their carts on the grass around the tee box. Saving what? 2 steps max but killing the grass. Same thing around greens. Why anyone would not just keep their carts on the path is just mind bogglingly selfish and inconsiderate. I used to play with a Greenskeeper of a nice course in Chicago and he said that's why you have to rope off tee boxes and greens. In a study they found when there is a worn spot, cart drivers carelessly but subconsciously drive on it. When questioned they didn't even realize they were doing it. Which is just another way to say selfish. 

... Of course alcohol is a contributing factor. No reason anyone can't enjoy a round riding in a cart and drinking responsibly while caring for the golf course. But we all know that is far too often not the case. As always my theory of most everything in life boils down to, are you a considerate or an inconsiderate person and that answers most questions about poor behavior. 

Well I'm not happy with your description of me, I don't remember how to do everything the correct way anymore. After a month in a Coma it's very difficult to remember how I should do things, a friend at golf told me I drive a cart badly but when I drive to my next shot I take the most direct route. But if there's a concrete path I use it even when I ride my ebike, funny thing is I think my friends a bad driver and I won't share a cart with him LOL...

Subjective huh...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

I walked the last two rounds I played (only 9 holes). I find it way more enjoyable and intend to make it my standard practice.

Yesterday, I played with my son. After we finished, I asked if he liked walking. He said he prefers riding, but if he had a push cart, maybe he’d feel different. The straps make carrying his bag uncomfortable. I might be buying push carts for both of us in the near future. 

2023 MGS tester: OnCore VERO X1 ball

2024 MGS tester: Edel Array putter

Driver: Callaway Epic Max 9*

3W: Ping G425 max

Irons: Srixon JX5-MKII (5-PW)

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

52* Cleveland RTX Zipcore

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

Putter: Odyssey stroke lab r-ball mallet

I started walking again during Covid and really enjoy it and the walking is good for me.  I average 6+ miles walking 18 holes.  Walking also gives me the time to see the undulations of the green as I walk to the green and gives me time to think about the last or next shot.  Plus, save $20-30 a round by not renting a golf cart.  Back in 2020 I bought a new CaddyTek push cart for about $150 and have gotten my moneys worth!

Zgolfen

Yes, I still like to walk as its great exercise and overall a better experience with golf. I do still ride from time to time but plan to get more walking in this season. I got a new push cart for last season and this season I got my cart fitted with a battery powered motor. Looking forward to a lot more walking again. 

Golfnut