TESTERS WANTED! ×

Does anyone walk anymore?

3 hours ago, Manny said:

I didn't know you can only play 9 holes??

Often only play 9 as that's what time allows for. 

We also have 6 hole course. Also due to the hole layout it's quite often I play with folks that only play 15 holes.

Another course where we played was a pay by hole. Only want to or have time for 12,4 or 7 holes then that's all you play and pay for.

18 is the norm, but that's just golfing tradition.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

5 hours ago, Manny said:

I didn't know you can only play 9 holes??

Oh yes and 9 hole membership and 9 hole courses are both available anywhere in New Zealand, actually midweek membership is popular in Australia and would suit me now I'm older. It's also cheaper because in Australia Saturday is Club Competition day and hard to get a game 😞 I'm trying to figure out which club I join now because of my health it's probably going to be 9 hole membership 🤔

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

I could only walk 9 at the beginning of this summer, then I finally recognized the wonder of a push cart and picked up a BagBoy Nitron. Now I'm walking 18 and loving it!

Cobra LTDx Max Driver & 3w
Taylormade M2 3 hybrid & M6 4 hybrid
Taylormade Burner irons 5-PW 
Pinemeadow Wedges (52, 56, 60)
Cobra KING Stingray putter

Still walk exclusively here. I have yet to find a course that is cart only so till then I will keep getting my steps in while golfing!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I walk almost all of my rounds. The only exception is when the course mandates I cannot or the tournament. Then, I seem to have 2-3 clubs in my hand often- walking holes.  Carts have expanded revenue for courses and extended the golfing life of 75-91 year olds I have played with this year.  Carts are not for me--yet.

I actually love walking. You get to appreciate the golf course so much more when you're walking between shots vs. zooming around in a golf cart checking your phone most of the time.

My fianceé got me a push cart for Christmas this past year and it's a game changer. I used to be strictly against push carts - thought they looked stupid, were for old men who couldn't carry their bags, etc... but now I can really appreciate them and I would recommend one to anyone who wishes to walk more.

I wish I could convince my friends to walk more. The majority usually prefers riding and I get out-voted. But I'm trying to make a conscious decision to walk more when I can.

Current WITB:

Bag: image_2024-02-27_104948566.png.b92168231016d467eb3d016dba2075b9.png MV2 Golf Bag

Driver:  image.png G425  Max 9.0º, Graphite Design Tour AD VR-6S

Fairway: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR2 3 wood 15º, Ventus Red 7S

Driving Iron: image.png G425 Crossover 2-iron 18º, Aldila Rogue 95TS Graphite 

Irons: image.png.b5950bd367d637859d211fef578a14af.png MP-54 (4-P), Project X 6.0S

Wedges: TM23WDG-MG4-Stacked-Color-OnLight-v1-1024x410.png.ac724a75349db558663486b0cf600638.png 50.09 SB, 54.11 SB, 58.11 SB

Putter: image.png.2a889a80c6a733b582bbac9dbc3cecf2.png California Del Mar, 34.5 Sweet Rollz "Safari" Midsize Grip

Ball: image.png.52cb58764bddc9c00ba3060db6a87cc7.png Tour B XS, image.png.49dd42009e9d1061ed020188b38845e1.png Chrome Soft X Triple Track

I love walking and agree, I play better as it gives me time to think about last shot (sometimes get past that last bad shot 😎).  But, I also feel I get a better picture of the whole green and understand the undulations.  Plus, the exercise I get walking.  Usually I get about 12-13,000+ steps per round.

Zgolfen

Play 18 holes daily!!! allways walking with my sunday bag with all my clubs!!! I really belife that when i play in a cart, i do not play any good, because makes me play faster, and I am allready a fast player, allways under 3 hours playing 3 in our flight. At the same time, i think that when i go walking i get more info about the weather conditions, like temperature, humidity, softness of fairways...

PING 425 driver and 3 wood, taylor made iron 1, blades miura 4-p, 52 taylor made,56 and 60 glide, and a Axis Golf putter 

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Still walk exclusively here. I have yet to find a course that is cart only so till then I will keep getting my steps in while golfing!

I still walk 95%+ of my golf rounds. Generally, for me the only exceptions are when a cart is mandatory, or if temperatures are above 95* F. with high humidity. Occasionally, I will encounter a course where it is literally miles between greens and the next tees, when you total up the 18 holes, and in addition the courses have such severe elevation changes that it makes walking akin to torture. I have walked a few such courses and found myself regretting the fact that I did so. However, I still prefer to walk when I play golf.

I walked a course about ten days ago that fell into the "torture like" category (extreme elevation changes plus a very spread-out layout that resulted in almost 24,000 steps according to my Garmin GPS watch). The temperature was in the high 80s to low 90s that day, and it was quite humid; in fact, it rained fairly heavily on my drive home from the course. Despite the fact that I drank a total of 64 oz. of Biolyte electrolyte replacement drinks just prior to and during my round of golf -- plus two bottles of regular water -- I woke up that night with severe cramps in my calves and in my right quadricep muscle.

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

It really just depends on the situation. I enjoy walking and carrying my bag, especially when grabbing a quick 9 after work. I find that I play better when walk, because you have a better feel for the course and I feel like my concentration is more focused cause I don't have to worry about the other player's ball.

That said, riding and having a few beers on the back 9 is a whole different way to enjoy a day on the course. It was hot AF yesterday and you have to ride on the weekends at the course we played, so I was happy to be in a cart.

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

I walk every round except for the league which requires it. Me and my pushcart! I led the effort at my club to allow walkers equal time on the course (so far partially successful). I used the argument that it encourages younger members who will be members longer, besides being more healthy and that we are not slower than most of the cart population and let them play through when we are slower. I also stick out like a sore thumb with my pushcart and now everyone knows my name!

Swing Thought: If you think, you stink

I made the decision to walk every round this year. One for general health, two for cost, and because I play better when walking. I feel more focused. My rounds are actually faster walking then riding. We have had a wet summer and when the ninety degree rule is in effect I take the same number of steps as walking.

Joe

I walk with my Bagboy Quad XL three times a week at Baja Country Club. Depending on how I play, I average about six miles a round. 

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade R15, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Heat II Single Length Irons 4-AW, SW, LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

I’ve started walking this year and not going back. Got a MGI zip navigator for Father’s Day and now walk every round even in the Oklahoma heat and humidity. Makes the rounds more enjoyable and get in more exercise which doesn’t hurt. 

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, TT Elevate

Wedges: PXG SG2 50 56(55) and 60, TT Elevate

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

My wife and I always walk 18 and carry our clubs, usually in under 3 hrs.  And, yes, we are over 70.  For me, riding gets me to the next shot too fast -- it's almost like hurry up and hit.  Next, walking is a great exercise -- it beats running!!  Finally, it lets you enjoy the scenery -- you're just more conscious of it and not hurrying to play the next shot.  We always score better and that's a good thing.  

Titleist drive (TS1)., Callaway Epic Star 5wood; MAVRIK hybrids, Callaway irons, Ping Sand wedge and Vokey 60* wedge.  Still using my Wilson 8813 and am looking for a new putter.  My wife's bag is all Callaway.  I retired from the USAF after 30 years and 17 moves --loved my career.

I use a push cart and walk 90% of the time in WI and 75% of the time in AZ. Will keep walking as long as I’m physically able.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Madison bats -

Driver - Callaway Mavrik 10.5*, Reg 55 gram Riptide

3W - Taylor Rocket Ballz 15* R

5W - Taylor Rocket Balls 19* 

Hybrid 22* Rocket Balls R, 25* Hyper Speed R

Irons - 6-P Titleist AP2 712 S TT Gold Hi Launch

W 52, 56, 60 Vokey SM6

I walk unless the course dictates the use of a cart.  I find by walking that I'm more in tune with my game and generally more focused and calm.

:callaway-logo-1: Rouge ST Max Driver 12.5 degree with 

:taylormade-small: SIM 2 Max 5 wood

:callaway-logo-1: Rouge ST Max 4 hybrid

:cobra-small: LTDX One Length 5 hybrid, 6 thru SW irons with :kbs: shafts

:scotty-cameron-1: Studio Style Newport 2.5 putter

:callaway-small: Chrome Soft triple track golf balls

:ShotScope: Connex Mobile Enabled Performance Tracking Tags

I'll have to admit that I have cut back on my walking.  I still walk on my Thursday golf league (9 holes) with a push cart, but use a riding cart for my Monday and Wednesday leagues (18 holes). I could probably walk most of the courses we play.  However, there are a few courses we play that have long distances between holes and a fewer number require carts because of the distances between holes.  I need to investigate some of these courses and start walking more.  On a side note, I need to get a much better push cart with a few extra "bells and whistles", including an umbrella holder.

glnelson7

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Speed 2021 11.5 degree, Rogue Fairway 3W 2019 15 degree, Rogue 4H 2018 21 degree, Rogue 2018 6I-AW irons, SureOut Wedge 58 degree

:cleveland-small: CG Black 3H 2015 19 degree, CBX SW 54 degree 2019

Taylormade Raylor 22 degree 2010

:odyssey-small: White Hot V-Line Mallet 2013 35 in.

I'll have to admit that I have cut back on my walking.  I still walk on my Thursday golf league (9 holes) with a push cart, but use a riding cart for my Monday and Wednesday leagues (18 holes). I could probably walk most of the courses we play.  However, there are a few courses we play that have long distances between holes and a fewer number require carts because of the distances between holes.  I need to investigate some of these courses and start walking more.  On a side note, I need to get a much better push cart with a few extra "bells and whistles", including an umbrella holder.

glnelson7

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Speed 2021 11.5 degree, Rogue Fairway 3W 2019 15 degree, Rogue 4H 2018 21 degree, Rogue 2018 6I-AW irons, SureOut Wedge 58 degree

:cleveland-small: CG Black 3H 2015 19 degree, CBX SW 54 degree 2019

Taylormade Raylor 22 degree 2010

:odyssey-small: White Hot V-Line Mallet 2013 35 in.

Yes, I walk every round at my club...I avoid avoid carts unless its a crazy hilly course..

Revamped my bag this season and dropped the cap by 3 points

New:

Taylormade Stealth2 HD

TM Stealth2 3,5 woods

TM Stealth2 3,4 hybrids

TM Stealth2 6-pw

Kept:

Vokey 48,54,60

TM Spider Tour putter

I walk the majority of the time. I have a motorized push cart which is great for walking. The course I live on there are a lot of walking golfers which surprised me a little. Even see the young kids out walking with their push carts. 

Golfnut

I just walked my round yesterday.  It is good exercise, usually cheaper, and you don't go any faster since you usually have others in your group.  The only times I ride are mostly when I play with friends who are all also riding, to be sociable, or if I am trying to squeeze a round in first thing in the morning with limited time and will skip a few holes.

“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented.” -Arnold Palmer

Walking as much as possible! Wish courses were better suited to walk though! 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: bjohnson@northamericangolftour.com

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

As long as I can use my push cart I'm fine with walking, only ride if it's crazy hot or if the pro shop doesn't recommend or allow walking. 

What's in my ping-Ti.png.6cd5b395c0cff9084e0a161b65c03b28.png Pioneer Bag:

Driver: ping-Ti.png.6cd5b395c0cff9084e0a161b65c03b28.png G430 Max 10k 9* (fujikra.png.8382fa5c997744d5f1292f9e8f7a8183.png Speeder NX 50s)

3 & 7 Woods: ping-Ti.png.6cd5b395c0cff9084e0a161b65c03b28.png G430 Max (fujikra.png.8382fa5c997744d5f1292f9e8f7a8183.png Speeder NX 60s/70s)

3 & 4 Hybrids: ping-Ti.png.6cd5b395c0cff9084e0a161b65c03b28.png G430 (KBS Tour Prototype Hybrid 75r) 

5 - PW Irons: mizuno-png-file-mizuno-logo-svg-1280-Ti.png.126a6588b3a078798a2ef7665da37175.png Pro 243 (KBS $ Taper 120s)

Wedges: cleveland-Ti.png.75bbccb15db6b4f1af15544ff6d82299.png RTX-6 50*/54* (mid) CBX&RTX Full-Face2 58*

Putter: lablogo_small_stacked.png.6384fc480e5c02d0a2a3ce2194f2fc8a.png DF 2.1 TPT shaft

Ball: Titleist ProV1

arccos.png.b5139ec0e8590e6219c1043121e31b84.png

As much as possible! I feel like I always play better when I walk. I don’t get as stiff throughout the round. 

I have a Ping Hoofer but I use my Caddytek 3 wheel push cart. Because… Push Cart Mafia! Amiright?!

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

I always walk in the tournaments I play. There's something relaxing about a good stroll around a championship course. I do however, understand that some people are trying to play on limited time and want to cart it. 

:callaway-small:Driver: Paradym Triple Diamond

:taylormade-small:3 Wood: Stealth Plus

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Stealth Plus 

:srixon-small:Irons: Srixon ZX7

:taylormade-small:Wedges: MG2 50* MG3 54* and SM9 58* M Grind

:EVNROLL:Putter: Evnroll EV5

:titleist-small: GolfBall: 2023 ProV1