TESTERS WANTED! ×

You're not Special?

IM VERY SPECIAL!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ran out of likes half way through this thread.

Oh well, I just got done playing 27 holes while drinking, listening to music and complaining about the old guys playing to slow and the young guys hitting it too far.

Guess I'm stuck in the middle.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

IM VERY SPECIAL!

You're a different kind of special :)

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Hahah, **** millennials, am I right?!?! We're all a bunch or whiny little assholes who can't stand adversity, thank god we have the previous generations around to tell us how entitled and shitty we are!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Oh Scoo. Remember that time millenials demanded a participation trophy? I remember the first time I told my parents I had to have a trophy. Wait! I never did that. Thats right, peoples parents bought the trophies and demanded to know why my child didnt recieve a trophy. I got a participation trophy once when I was five and played soccer. From then on I didnt. Remember who raised this group of entitled people. Ill say it again, millenials didnt come out of the womb this way 

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

You're a different kind of special :)

It's still special though lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Bingo

And that's another lost art. Who plays Bingo now a days? ;)

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Good morning everybody. Today I'd like to discuss those worthless Baby Boomers. Just kidding.

Have a great day all.

I'm playing golf tomorrow. How about you?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Oh Scoo. Remember that time millenials demanded a participation trophy? I remember the first time I told my parents I had to have a trophy. Wait! I never did that. Thats right, peoples parents bought the trophies and demanded to know why my child didnt recieve a trophy. I got a participation trophy once when I was five and played soccer. From then on I didnt. Remember who raised this group of entitled people. Ill say it again, millenials didnt come out of the womb this way

I've never understood that line of thinking... are you really blaming a 6 year old for receiving a participation trophy? Shouldn't the onus be on the parents who didn't want to have to, you know, parent their child through hard stuff like loss or falling short of expectations?

Sure, I got participation trophies. I have a box full of them somewhere. I also understood from a very young age that they weren't all that valuable because I would get one no matter what, as did most "entitled millennials". I just really hate this generalization stuff as a whole.

Something will have to give. Either millennials will have to change to conform to golf's oh-so-sacred traditions (e.g. gentrification, elitism, negative environmental impact), or golf will have to adapt to meet current and future trends in consumer preferences.

I find it funny that a generation that refused to follow in the footsteps of their parents is demanding that we follow in theirs.

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade M2 (2016) 10.5° | Fujikura Pro Stiff 60g

Fairway: Taylormade Aeroburner 2.0 TP 16.5° | Diamana Whiteboard Stiff 80g

Hybrid: Titleist 915h 21° | Diamana Blueboard Stiff 80g

Driving Iron: Titleist 712U 3 Iron | Kuro Kage Stiff 70g

Irons: Titleist AP2 714 4-PW | KBS Tour 90 Stiff Shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 50°/54°/58°

Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2 | SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 

Ball: Taylormade TP5x

Wether you want it to change, or not, golf's evolution is inevitable.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

I've never understood that line of thinking... are you really blaming a 6 year old for receiving a participation trophy? Shouldn't the onus be on the parents who didn't want to have to, you know, parent their child through hard stuff like loss or falling short of expectations?

Sure, I got participation trophies. I have a box full of them somewhere. I also understood from a very young age that they weren't all that valuable because I would get one no matter what, as did most "entitled millennials". I just really hate this generalization stuff as a whole.

Something will have to give. Either millennials will have to change to conform to golf's oh-so-sacred traditions (e.g. gentrification, elitism, negative environmental impact), or golf will have to adapt to meet current and future trends in consumer preferences.

I find it funny that a generation that refused to follow in the footsteps of their parents is demanding that we follow in theirs.

Obviously, you're just "triggered." Lol

I'm the youngest player in the MGA at the club by about 30 years. Doubt I keep playing in it, because it's just a bunch of old @$$holes that cheat their sacred rules any chance they get.

Golf needs to go hipster. Embrace old school links-style courses that utilize natural land formations for routing and rain water and natural water for irrigation. Forget about all this precision milling that drives up the price of everything. Etc, etc...

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

Wether you want it to change, or not, golf's evolution is inevitable.

And for some people, it can't change fast enough, while for others, its changing way too quickly.  Considering that the history of golf is 300 years or more, and the rules date back 270+ years, the pace of change has been reasonably slow.  To me, the recent "knee-jerk" rule changes, which seem to be an effort to cope with a couple or rather rare incidents and the publicity surrounding the incidents, are out of character with the well-considered pace of changes of the past. 

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

And for some people, it can't change fast enough, while for others, its changing way too quickly. Considering that the history of golf is 300 years or more, and the rules date back 270+ years, the pace of change has been reasonably slow. To me, the recent "knee-jerk" rule changes, which seem to be an effort to cope with a couple or rather rare incidents and the publicity surrounding the incidents, are out of character with the well-considered pace of changes of the past.

The USGA has no accountability. The groove ban was the single most idiotic and destructive rules change in golf. Golfer's should've boycott the USGA tournaments in response that year.

The USGA has no accountability. The groove ban was the single most idiotic and destructive rules change in golf. Golfer's should've boycott the USGA tournaments in response that year.

This may not be the place to continue this particular discussion, but I'll ask anyway.  Exactly HOW was the change to the rules governing grooves "destructive"?

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Golf needs to go hipster. Embrace old school links-style courses that utilize natural land formations for routing and rain water and natural water for irrigation. Forget about all this precision milling that drives up the price of everything. Etc, etc...

To this I'd say that golf DOES embrace old-school links-style courses.  But those courses are only possible where the geology, climate, native vegetation, and terrain are conducive.  A great deal of the early evolution of the rules was required as golf expanded away from the coastal linksland and into inland parkland settings.  The original 14 rules were all they needed when they played a specific links, and played only match play.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

A young golfer joining a club, and expecting the club to change to suite his preferences is like someone emigrating to a different country, but not wanting to learn native language of his new country.....oh...wait.... :unsure:

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

The vitriol being exchanged in this thread is seriously bumming me out...all the way around. A true man of honor feels humbled himself when he cannot help humbling others. Subsequently, this will be my only post in here.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

The vitriol being exchanged in this thread is seriously bumming me out...all the way around. A true man of honor feels humbled himself when cannot help humbling others. Subsequently, this will be my only post in here.

Agreed. As a member of this community who holds it very dear to themselves personally, my question is what purpose does this thread serve to the community? Nothing positive is coming from this conversation. I'm bowing out after this post, and would highly recommend we all consider letting this thread take it's natural course. We have much better and more productive things to talk about as a community.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

If you consider yourself a Millennial you might feel Triggered (LOL) by the following ----

Last night I was watching the golf channel and listening to a rather long discussion about the state of the game so to speak. Meaning golf in general. I know, we keep hearing this all the time. And, it's getting a little worn-out if you ask me. So basically last night the talkers were all worried about... get this; Millennials! I'm serious. Everyone seemed to agree except Chamblee somewhat that golf needs to change because Millennials are so unique and different. My goodness. I had no idea. I could hardly believe what I was hearing. It was as if a new species have settled on the planet and we must now accommodate them, change our ways, and perhaps most importantly change golf for them. What a bunch of horse$hit. Wikipedia defines this "cohort" as generally being born somewhere in the early 80's up to early 2000's. And again according to Wikipedia Millennials have increased familiarity with communications, media?, and digital technologies. Big Whoop. I could unravel those items easily but I'll save it. Still I suppose the Mills have quite a burden to bare and therefore they are special I guess.

From my narrow point of view I don't see the need to change golf to accommodate any group. Let alone Millennials. Or the elderly or baby boomers or some other X or Y generation. If you want to play and participate in the game welcome aboard. If not... have a nice day. You are not special or unique. The world doesn't revolve around you, me or anyone else.

Have a nice day. :)

people in the industry want to "grow the game, i.e their income". Grow the game? I can't get a tee time now. Change for any group? I'm so sick of that PC stuff, I could scream. "Sorry Dear. Just something on tv".

The game is a business. It's bad for the game to shrink. Could you imagine a CEO in any other industry saying 'ya know, I think we should stop growing and in fact we should shrink a bit'

That CEO would be laughed out of the board room and then out of his job

I loved severtheties phrase of an "old millenial" so I am going to steal that because I fit into the same category. I think the era of instant gratification has a lot to do with kids losing interest in the game. Golf is "boring, too long and not exciting" so they don't get into it. They are the youtube generation, who would rather spend all afternoon trying to make a stupid video of one skateboard jump than they would enjoying the sport or trying to improve their skills. Think of the waterbottle flip and how popular it was. 

Another aspect that I have noticed in teenagers lately (as their teacher/coach and #1 enemy) that they don't like to try things they won't succeed at right away. They have a huge fear of failure, which has a lot to do with parents and schools not allowing them small failures while they are younger. As a result, they don't like golf, because it's hard and they'll shoot 100 and they don't want to. 

That being said, the saying golf needs to change is nonsensical to me. Change what? Equipment? Courses? I don't think either of those are the answer. I think the move to increased technology use on courses (products like arccos and game golf come to mind) as well as professional success of a guy like Wesley Bryan (who also makes trickshot videos) might encourage more of that type of person to try golf. Saying a change is needed without knowing what that change is would be silly. 

The inclusion of JR golfers is great, as are forward tee blocks for beginners (we have some at the beginning of the fairway at one local course) and these things will continue to grow the game. But don't cater to the millenial (19-25 year old) because that generation is a bunch of morons who will probably leave their parents basement. Turning golf into something they like would make me hate it.

Excellent post. As the father of two millennial daughters, I can wholeheartedly agree.... especially the bolded part.

As a millenial I will jump in here. I have a couple different thoughts on this.

First off the phrase millenial has come to be a wide spectrum of people from 14-30 which simply doesnt work. I think there is a distinct cut off right around the HS Class of 2009. I am a class of 2007 kid. The biggest thing that influences how you act was your age at 9/11. I was in 7th grade and vividly remember life before and life after 9/11. I remember the change in the country. We became more fearful. Kids who were 5th grade and younger at the time dont really remember life before 9/11. They remember always having a cautious attitude towards people and things.

Second. Your generation raised us. We didnt demand trophies for participation. You guys gave them to us. Dont forget who raised Millenials. We didnt come out of the womb entitled.

Third in regards to golf. Golf changes. If it didnt we would all be playing hickory shafts wearing vests and ties on the course. They change golf for every generation. If it didnt golf wouldnt survive. Do I think you must change the basics of the sport? No. The cup shouldnt be bigger etc. But I think if a kid likes to listen to music on the course so be it. If its the difference between him wanting to play or not let him. The biggest a**holes I see on the course are not "millenials" they are usually a bunch of middle age guys 

Sorry if that rant means I was "triggered"

Another good post. You bring up some good points.

On the subject of getting kids involved, someone needs to build and open a youth only driving range and par 3 course with teaching professionals. The course doesn't need to be hard or perfectly manicured. Just somewhere they can start learning without any adult golfers who may not treat them right on a full course.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

As a millenial I will jump in here. I have a couple different thoughts on this.

First off the phrase millenial has come to be a wide spectrum of people from 14-30 which simply doesnt work. I think there is a distinct cut off right around the HS Class of 2009. I am a class of 2007 kid. The biggest thing that influences how you act was your age at 9/11. I was in 7th grade and vividly remember life before and life after 9/11. I remember the change in the country. We became more fearful. Kids who were 5th grade and younger at the time dont really remember life before 9/11. They remember always having a cautious attitude towards people and things.

Second. Your generation raised us. We didnt demand trophies for participation. You guys gave them to us. Dont forget who raised Millenials. We didnt come out of the womb entitled.

Third in regards to golf. Golf changes. If it didnt we would all be playing hickory shafts wearing vests and ties on the course. They change golf for every generation. If it didnt golf wouldnt survive. Do I think you must change the basics of the sport? No. The cup shouldnt be bigger etc. But I think if a kid likes to listen to music on the course so be it. If its the difference between him wanting to play or not let him. The biggest a**holes I see on the course are not "millenials" they are usually a bunch of middle age guys

Sorry if that rant means I was "triggered"

Thank you- Being a baby boomer I can certainly say that if there is an issue with millennials then the apple doesn't fall far. It's our (boomers) fault. Plus we were the most rebellious of all generations and now we have become the most inflexible.

The country we live in is a mess because baby boomer politicians refuse to get together with one another and compromise for the common good. For us it's always me, me, me and then there's me of course.

The reality is that every generation has its quirks and the world changes.

So on to golf and it's "problems." There is no guarantee that anything will continue to grow. Tiger Woods was an incredible phenomena who changed the perception of the game and opened the door of it to new and different people from before. He made it cool at a time that disposable dollars were around.

He has disappeared (where have you gone Joe DiMaggio) and the economy tanked. The recovery that has occurred has left folks in the middle behind. Golf does require money and it requires money's cousin, time. It isn't going away but don't over reach to try and fix a perceived problem that is beyond the game's control.

Instead make the game more affordable and less time consuming. Four hours is way too long for a round of golf. It doesn't have that kind of entertainment value for most consumers.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Lot's a good comments and discussion here in this Post. I haven't seen any Vitriol or hate. Just a healthy discussion by a bunch of intelligent people.With opinions! (except maybe one OLD "crazy" guy in a plaid coat. Hmmm... wonder who that could be? :unsure: ) But this morning I wanted to tell you about a once young radical baby boomer dude I once knew. Ok... it's me.

I remember my dad giving me my first real pair of golf shoes. Actually they were his hand-me-downs. But they were golf shoes none the less with metal spikes! So now I could strut around the pro shop clicky-clack and be cool. So the first thing I did after he gave me the shoes was... cut off that goofy looking kilty. You Millennials** might not be familiar with that term. But it's the leather flap thing that folded over the top of the shoe and covered the laces. Anyway, when my Dad saw what I'd done he said, "You ruined those shoes!" No I didn't I said. I improved them. Of course he thought I was an idiot as I recall him saying something. So perhaps I played a small part in changing the game. Even if it was only the look of golf shoes.

This post and discussion will eventually run it's course and we'll all move on. But until it does I'm still enjoying reading everyones thoughts and opinions. Regardless of what generation you're identified with.

I hope you enjoyed my little "Game Changing" story this morning.

Have a great day everyone.

Oh and by the way... I'm playing later today. Heh! 

**guys younger than me with sometimes different opinions.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Millennials grew up in a "microwave world", the expectation of instant gratification.   Wisdom comes from age (at my age, I like to think so).  Accordingly, as a group, at some point, I think millennials will realize that not everything is microwave safe and food can taste much better when slow cooked.  So perhaps, its not a case of the game catching up with millennials, but the millennials catching up with the game as they gain the wisdom of age.

Lot's a good comments and discussion here in this Post. I haven't seen any Vitriol or hate. Just a healthy discussion by a bunch of intelligent people.With opinions! (except maybe one OLD "crazy" guy in a plaid coat. Hmmm... wonder who that could be? :unsure: ) But this morning I wanted to tell you about a once young radical baby boomer dude I once knew. Ok... it's me.

I remember my dad giving me my first real pair of golf shoes. Actually they were his hand-me-downs. But they were golf shoes none the less with metal spikes! So now I could strut around the pro shop clicky-clack and be cool. So the first thing I did after he gave me the shoes was... cut off that goofy looking kilty. You Millennials** might not be familiar with that term. But it's the leather flap thing that folded over the top of the shoe and covered the laces. Anyway, when my Dad saw what I'd done he said, "You ruined those shoes!" No I didn't I said. I improved them. Of course he thought I was an idiot as I recall him saying something. So perhaps I played a small part in changing the game. Even if it was only the look of golf shoes.

This post and discussion will eventually run it's course and we'll all move on. But until it does I'm still enjoying reading everyones thoughts and opinions. Regardless of what generation you're identified with.

I hope you enjoyed my little "Game Changing" story this morning.

Have a great day everyone.

Oh and by the way... I'm playing later today. Heh!

**guys younger than me with sometimes different opinions.

It's a great thread, thanks for starting it. I have millennial children, congregants (same thing) and employees (same thing too). I think a lot about the generational stuff.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

As someone who "harrumphed" at the OP, I will jump in and state that I did not infer a criticism of all millennials, rather a criticism of those on the GC panel brainstorming changes that they hoped would appeal to the rising generation of millennials.

So, to those who bridled at the OP, aren't the panelists who don't think that millennials are capable of learning to love and appreciate the game as it is played today (give or take tweaks here and there), the ones condescending to millennials rather than Mr. PJ? They are the ones who ascribe the attributes to (for shorthand I'll say "your") generation to which you object - and rightfully so, I might add. We all capable of expressing virtue as well as vice, and are not constrained in doing so by our birth date. The largest minority group in the world is the individual, and we are each individuals unbound by our peers or elders, and not merely members of a generation. We can aspire to achieve whatever goals we want.

I would submit that what some find objectionable to the panel discussion was the advocacy of large scale change for a marginal (and potentially nonexistent) benefit of growth on the margin, coupled with changes that seem to appeal not to virtue, but to vice.

I would also like to gently suggest that references to (I realize no direct accusation was leveled), bigotry and racism are defamatory and frequently are used to stifle discussion rather than persuade. Please, let us persuade each other.

I hope this makes some sense, kinda dashed it off.

Peace.

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

Archived