Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Why haven't there been any new "Playing Lessons"?

Justin66

Just out of curiosity, but why haven't there been any new "Playing Lessons"? I think they're fascinating; my personal favorite is Daniel Chopra and Anthony Anderson.

So, how about it? Let's do a two-part question:

1. Anyone have any insight?

2. What's your favorite episode?

Just out of curiosity, but why haven't there been any new "Playing Lessons"? I think they're fascinating; my personal favorite is Daniel Chopra and Anthony Anderson.

So, how about it? Let's do a two-part question:

1. Anyone have any insight?

2. What's your favorite episode?

This is strictly my opinion as I barely watch TGC any longer. Their demographics are trending down with the demise of Tiger and the mediocre quality of instruction provided to date. They threw a boatload of money at Hank Haney to discover he can't teach an average golfer to save his life, and are praying that Rush Limbaugh's lucrative demographics follow him.

Playing Lessons has to be far more expensive to produce than a studio show, and few of the touring pros have the charisma to provide entertaining television. Medicore instruction combined with higher costs leads me to believe that TGC needs to find better instructors and more charismatic guests to recover serious golfers.

This is strictly my opinion as I barely watch TGC any longer. Their demographics are trending down with the demise of Tiger and the mediocre quality of instruction provided to date. They threw a boatload of money at Hank Haney to discover he can't teach an average golfer to save his life, and are praying that Rush Limbaugh's lucrative demographics follow him.

Playing Lessons has to be far more expensive to produce than a studio show, and few of the touring pros have the charisma to provide entertaining television. Medicore instruction combined with higher costs leads me to believe that TGC needs to find better instructors and more charismatic guests to recover serious golfers.

Man, I want to find a fault in this, but the logic is so sound...

Speaking of the Shankey Project, I'm hoping this new one tanks- not a fan of either of those two. The Big Break even seems to have gone downhill... Now I'm getting depressed...

Man, I want to find a fault in this, but the logic is so sound...

Speaking of the Shankey Project, I'm hoping this new one tanks- not a fan of either of those two. The Big Break even seems to have gone downhill... Now I'm getting depressed...

Well, the good news is that TGC is apparently getting the message. They are currently running some promotion to find "new" instructors. The changes the golf media will have to make away from Tiger 24/7 will give some new people a chance to get some air time and these has to enough talent around to eventually emerge.

Archived